Awoo.

Future Sonic Heroes and Mario & Sonic Titles confirmed?

Agent York

Mario & Sonic games can piss off though. I don't understand how they can consider Mario and Sonic games to be one of four main titles in the Sonic series?

It's because they make Sega so much more money than normal Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually think Sonic Heroes was the best at balancing speed and non-speed, the way it did the team element stopped the game from getting tedious switching between whole levels of different gameplay styles... Just the fact that the characters wouldn't shut up throughout the entire game kinda ruined it for me... But yeah I'd welcome a Sonic Heroes 2, I think it'd be good.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's because they make Sega so much more money than normal Sonic games.

Of course all they're doing is cashing in on it, but it's still hardly a reason to consider the franchise a subseries of Sonic the hedgehog, that's like saying Super Smash Bros is a subseries of Sonic.

I actually think Sonic Heroes was the best at balancing speed and non-speed, the way it did the team element stopped the game from getting tedious switching between whole levels of different gameplay styles... Just the fact that the characters wouldn't shut up throughout the entire game kinda ruined it for me... But yeah I'd welcome a Sonic Heroes 2, I think it'd be good.

I agree, I honestly don't know why Sonic Heroes has such a bad reputation, besides the cheesy dialogue -which has been present in every Sonic game since the characters started talking- I can find only a great, great game.

Another Sonic heroes would probably be about the best Sonic news I could possibly get!

Also this would mean going bigger as sequels are usually compelled to do, which would mean....more teams? Or perhaps they would take a different route.

Personally I've grown fond of an idea I had, basically Sonic heroes, but with villains - Sonic villains if you will.

Something along the lines of disgruntled secondary/side/sub-villains wanting to overthrow/obtain Eggman's stuff. Teams like: Team mercenary - Nack, Bean, Bark | Team Metal: Metal Sonic, Metal Knuckles, Tails doll | Team babylon: Jet, Wave, Storm.

Of course the team mechanic of "Speed, Flight, Power" would have to be altered to fit each team, so it wouldn't essentially follow the Sonic Heroes formula to a tee, but I like the idea.

Even if it's just more Sonic Heroes that would still be great. Colourful whimsical levels and getting to play as the Chaotix is awesome!

Sonic Heroes 2; make it happen Sonic Team!

• Thumbs Up 1

*excited* I really hope they make a new team based game. I think I saw someone suggest that maybe he didn't mean Sonic Heroes but maybe another game along the lines, perhaps this means a Adventure 3? XD I would love that.

I loved Heroes... It game me vertigo and frustrated me when I was younger but I liked it.

XD and this isn't really important, but I really do enjoy reading all the speculation in these threads. *shot*

• Thumbs Up 1

Frankly this confuses me, but if I get to see another Sonic Heroes :D:D:D

Mario & Sonic games can piss off though. I don't understand how they can consider Mario and Sonic games to be one of four main titles in the Sonic series?

Really, at best these games are just a collection of minigames (and crap ones at that) What I'm really trying to figure out is who's cashing in on who. Whether it's the olympics cashing in on Mario and Sonic's popularity with kids who don't give an arse about the olympics buying it, or Sonic and Mario cashing in on the olympics general audience and trying to make a few casual gamers out of them.

In any case I don't know where they can go with this apparent "series" besides the two olympics they've done already the only territory they can go into is crossovers - which I absolutely despise Sonic taking part in.

This really was an odd statement though. The way I see it Sonic is divided into segments such as follows:

- Main title A.K.A your classics, Adventures, '06 and Unleashed no I wont count that crap.

-Handhelds, ie; Advances, battle, Rush, Rivals

-Your spinoffs, Shadow, Riders

-Your stupidbook, uh, I mean storybook titles, which are shit :lol:

I didn't really think Sonic Heroes came under its own category...I thought it was just another Sonic game only with a team based aspect.

But still I am happy to hear this. If indeed they have plans for a Sonic Heroes 2 I will wet myself.....with awesome.

Sonic Heroes is by far my favourite Sonic game since the classics. It captures their whimsical and colourful otherwordly feel and was really really fun to play despite all the bad rep I hear it get. Also the return of Metal Sonic and the Chaotix!!!! the game has everything going for it and I would LOVE to see another...perhaps reviving a certain weasel character. B)

You're assuming that all future Mario and Sonic games will just be "Olympic Games" tie-ins. I honestly don't think we'll see any more Olympic Games featuring Mario and Sonic, to be honest. But that doesn't mean Mario and Sonic can't have other games.

With the 2010 World Cup on it's way I won't be surprised if there was a Mario & Sonic At The 2010 World Cup on it's way so maybe that may happen (Lol Eggman playing Football that would a epic)

Speed: Blaze

Flight: Silver

Power: Marine

I am so serious with that, I've love to see Marine as a power type played for laughs. Besides, Silver and Blaze are established Flight and Speed already anyway.

Oh, and so long as they make flight formation USEFUL, Heroes 2 with Silver is an insta get for me. Bonus point for Team Super being level playable.

Sorry it took so long to reply iv been playing mega man x command mission. But was thinking Marine too but id really like to see emerl. like maybr tails re-built him as best as he could, in the future and maybe they could have it so tails had some of his data and put it in his emerl. Then silver found him years after tails was gone and activated him, or something like that, its the best i could come up with on without putting too much thought into it, and Team Super would be awsome.

I wouldnt mind a Heroes 2. Or a Heroes-esque game. As long as they fixed up everything that was wrong with Heroes.

Level design, script, gameplay, ect.

I agree with this statement. If they're going to make another Heroes game, then they should make it where each team gets there own individual stages. Aside from that I think everything else played in pretty well.

Of course all they're doing is cashing in on it, but it's still hardly a reason to consider the franchise a subseries of Sonic the hedgehog, that's like saying Super Smash Bros is a subseries of Sonic.

It wouldnt cause not even Sonic is in the brawl title. The game (Yes its a mini game) but its just like Mario Party or other Mario Games outside of the adventures. Nintendo will call them a sub series for Mario, just like Sonic (All Stars) games. The Tennis game? Its just Tennis! But they would call it a subseries anyway and I can see why.

I'd like to have a proper fighting game, with a good story and good cutscenes ( similiar to Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and SSBB)

the game should be divided in 2 separate stories

First group

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Espio

Blaze

second group

Shadow

Rouge

Omega

Eggman

Silver

Fang ( as a returning character, another G.U.N agent maybe)

Metal Sonic is a surprise character to use in the last story

this should be the very first encounter between Blaze (coming from her world) and Silver (coming from the future). The main villain could be Eggman Nega, and this would explain both Blaze and Silver 's presence.

Metal Knuckles and Mecha Sonic should be Eggman Nega's creations, so villains

Of course there should be unlockable chars for the classic arcade or battle modes

Vector

Shade

Big

Metal Knuckles

Mecha Sonic

Eggman Nega

Cream

Jet

Werehog

Chaos 0

ok, I have a lot of useful imagination this evening :D what do you think about this anyway?

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

ok, I have a lot of useful imagination this evening :D what do you think about this anyway?

Hmm I see one problem, Nack would never be a G.U.N agent. Nack is almost the anti-entity to an agent, he's a mercenary, a rogue agent for hire if you will - plus Nack is most well known for his motives only being selfish, therefore being a scheming, double-crossing weasel who will only work to profit himself. I can't see him being a guy who would join the military and follow orders.

This plus I don't really like fighting games to have a story. If they were to make a fighting game for Sonic with a large cast I'd rather it be like Smash Bros...the orginals rather than the slight undertone of story SSBB had. Just a fighting game with a huge Sonic cast would be....ok. But I'd much rather have another Sonic Heroes!

If they make another Heroes-esque game, they better take the time to iron out the glitches, perfect the controls, and give some variety between the different teams. As for Mario & Sonic, I'd really prefer an actual platformer. I mean come on, Mario hoppin through Green Hill Zone? Sonic dashing through the Mushroom Kingdom? I WANT!!!

If they make another Heroes-esque game, they better take the time to iron out the glitches, perfect the controls, and give some variety between the different teams. As for Mario & Sonic, I'd really prefer an actual platformer. I mean come on, Mario hoppin through Green Hill Zone? Sonic dashing through the Mushroom Kingdom? I WANT!!!

Like Crash bandicoot and Spyro The Dragon did on the Game Boy Advance pretty much, I don't think it won't work very well plus Sonic fanboys off this fanbase would go off it's rocker(like there are right now over Sonic 4 blehh) if a game like that was to ever happen but i think it's a alright concept it just won't work well (and fanboys would go insane like I said).

Edited by Creature Of The Night
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'd like to have a proper fighting game, with a good story and good cutscenes ( similiar to Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and SSBB)

the game should be divided in 2 separate stories

First group

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Espio

Blaze

second group

Shadow

Rouge

Omega

Eggman

Silver

Fang ( as a returning character, another G.U.N agent maybe)

Now that's a better roster :P

I'd welcome another Heroes game if they fixed it up. I mean the 1st one was fun up until you had to beat the game a 4th time (SAME FREAKING STAGES) just too see the final ending.

About a possible Sonic Heroes 2, it would be nice to have 2 characters instead of 3.

Sonic/Knuckles, Shadow/Rouge, Blaze/Silver would rock!!!

About a possible Sonic Heroes 2, it would be nice to have 2 characters instead of 3.

Sonic/Knuckles, Shadow/Rouge, Blaze/Silver would rock!!!

Already been done depending on if you count handheld titles such as Sonic Advance 3.

I think making it only two characters takes away alot of the fun, plus people already seemed to complain that you rarely used POWER or FLIGHT and were mainly in SPEED formation - which I think is a redundant argument because due to Sonic's (or other SPEED equivalent's speed) the speed sections of the game need to be bigger so you're not just stop starting and making the game very jerky.

I think the way they did it in Sonic Heroes was perfect, if they make a sequel I'd only ask that they maybe tweak the character abilities a bit giving us some varying choice of play modes (my all time favourite thing to do in Sonic Heroes was to play as a camoflaged Espio and sneak up on enemies!)

maybe it is true, but what about the characters? the same as heroes? cut out team rose and add Blaze Silver and Marine/Emerl/ *a suitable third character??

I thought it was meant to be a game LIKE Heroes, not exactly a Heroes 2. Oh well...

I love games with multiple playable characters, but Heroes just had too much with too little variety. Adventure/2 pulled off multiple characters with interesting play styles perfectly in my opinion.

maybe it is true, but what about the characters? the same as heroes? cut out team rose and add Blaze Silver and Marine/Emerl/ *a suitable third character??

I'd like to see all the teams return!! But with more variety in abilities....and more teams of course. Hmm I probably wouldn't be a fan of a Silver & Blaze team as that insinuates that they have a relation..and I'm one of those people who like the alternate reality Blaze theory.

But I am up for many other teams, I would like to see a team of villains - something like Nack the weasel, Bark the Polarbear, and Bean the dynamite.

I think Emerl is dead? Maybe G-mel, perhaps team him with Cream as the end of Sonic Advance 3 suggests she befriends him.

If there's a Heroes 2 they should better get a better story because the first one has a very simple story!

But that's what made Sonic Heroes good, bright colourful landscapes, cool tunes, and a basic storyline....pretty much the classics, but in 3D.

If you want big complicated storylines and drama - there's Sonic '06.

But that's what made Sonic Heroes good, bright colourful landscapes, cool tunes, and a basic storyline....pretty much the classics, but in 3D.

I agree to a point, but I'm inclined to believe also Sonic can still have an interesting enough story and not be overkill. Like it or hate it, Adventures story was decent especially at the time, and many enjoyed the story in Adventure 2. Heroes had a bare minimum story, but was over swept with so many cheesy lines and quite frankly uninteresting overall. They also made Metal Sonic being the final boss a lot less climatic than it should be and turned him into a freaking dragon. I liked the story with Unleashed with the one exception I would of preferred more of the cast like Tails, Knuckles, and Amy to spice things up, Chip wasn't bad but I didn't find him as interesting. Though I did like Professor Pickle and Eggman's Assistant I must say. I think Unleashed's story was a good mix of childlike fonder while being more epic. I also don't dislike Dark Gaia. For being the 10th "Monster of the Week Final Boss", that's saying something.

Monster of the Week Final Boss Chart:

Perfect Chaos (Sonic Adventure)- I liked him, he was the first and I think he had a good story and design to him

Void Monstrosity (Sonic Shuffle)- The giant golem-type thing was kinda' out there, but it was a board game and kinda' fun to have a boss minigame.

Biolizard (Sonic Adventure 2)- Biolizard kinda' came out of the blue but he was challenging and fun and an interesting take for a final boss. I actually like his design a lot too.

Metal Overlord/Madness (Sonic Heroes)- OK, I was dissapointed by this one. I wanted to fight Metal Sonic, not him turning into a dragon into an uninspired feeling copy-boss. I liked Metal's voice, but didn't like his boss battle.

Devil Doom (Shadow the Hedgehog)- This made me think of the final skit of Fantasia, in fact I often play the boss battle to the song in that scene too, but still it was uninspired and felt like a rip-off again.

Babylon Guardian (Sonic Riders)- Giant Genie... Well made me chuckle for a second, but hardly a boss and hardly rememberable.

Alf Layla (Sonic & the Secret Rings)- Quite frankly this thing looks stupid to me. The boss wasn't terrible, but felt uninspired again and everything about the battle made me laugh, from the music, to Darkspines, to his voice, to the plugs coming out of his body. At least the before and after cutscenes were epic.

Solaris (Sonic Next-Gen)- Once again felt uninspired. I admit I liked how the golden phoenix looked though, and the music was epic. However, the boss itself was kinda' a bore, and with that Iblis felt like an uninspired Chaos rip-off, though Mephiles did interest me.

SCR-HD (Sonic Riders Zero Gravity)- Was a lot like the genie and the first time I played the game I missed the side story of the robot Amy and Storm thought was destroyed go behind all the characters backs and at the end becomes super powerful, but it was kinda' average. Not good, not bad.

(Perfect) Dark Gaia (Sonic Unleashed)- It's not original, but this quite possibly is my favorite monster of the week since the Biolizard. They hid no fact from the player it was going to be the final boss, they built up the story behind Dark Gaia, his individual parts and monsters you fight the entire game (which have a certain charm to them, I don't know why...) and the last boss was actually a lot of fun, epic, and with great music with some great build-up cutscenes leading into it and in my opinion a very satisfying ending. Liked it.

The Dark Queen (Sonic the Black Knight)- I will admit, this boss surprised me because I actually thought Knight Sonic was cool in some dorky way, and liked the final boss, both in appearance and the battle itself. The song reminded me of a Silent Hill song, and it was actually a female villain! Kinda' made me think of a Final Fantasy final boss, but that's not a bad thing.

The last two final monsters of the weeks were good, but I wouldn't miss them if The Dark Queen was the last one. Back to story, it can have a simple story yes, but I want it to be INTERESTING simple. Heroes had potential to be more interesting but felt like it fell flat a bit.

I have been avidly curious about this news post.

If anything could happen with the Sonic universe, this would be another big step.

Seeing how far the blue hedgehog has come on consoles & handhelds.

Heroes II could be an even bigger adventure than any of the past games combined.

Maybe a venture in time travel? Akin to Sonic CD, but if you could visit 16bit worlds / sans 3d?

No way, Sonic Heroes felt overly kiddy. The classic series never had the sort of feeling Sonic Heroes gives off. Basic stories are fine but the story scenes in Sonic Heroes were complete shit.