Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Zoroark.pngZorua.png

These are the two new Pokemon, Zorua & Zoroark. Because of the possible release of the 3DS at the end of the year, this might be a launch title. More information is expected next month in Coro-Coro.

Discuss.

Edited by PSI Freeze

While I hope it's been built for ground up on 3DS, wasn't it confirmed as being a DS release?

Ah well, defo looking forward to it. I hope it shakes things up, adds some awesome new mechanics, and finally puts the "same old same old won't get me interested in new Pokémon" view to rest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep can't wait. Zorua and Zoroark are awesome looking Pokemon. Also looking forward to those new game concepts Nintendo hinted at.

Zoroark.pngZorua.png

What the hell are these things supposed to BE? Evil Vulpix? I am not being thrilled with the imaginativeness. <_<

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

What the hell are these things supposed to BE? Evil Vulpix? I am not being thrilled with the imaginativeness. <_<

How do they look anything like Vulpix?

035Clefairy.png

What the hell is this thing supposed to BE? Jigglypuff with hair? I am not being thrilled by the imaginativeness.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm kinda surprised they can continue with new pokemon after making Arceus. I figure the god-like pokemon would actually be where it ended, but it looks like they're remaking the entire eco-system and natural phenomenom by bringing in a whole new number of pokemon.

I'm kinda surprised they can continue with new pokemon after making Arceus. I figure the god-like pokemon would actually be where it ended, but it looks like they're remaking the entire eco-system and natural phenomenom by bringing in a whole new number of pokemon.

I think it's good news. I figure that now they've gone through all the obvious godly figures they have nowhere else to go but more original ideas, maybe taking more ideas from mythology and such, like Zoroark seems to be an Evil/Monster Fox, which is something that's very important to Japanese Shinto mythology, for example.

How do they look anything like Vulpix?

IT'S A FOX.

What the hell is this thing supposed to BE? Jigglypuff with hair? I am not being thrilled by the imaginativeness.

I share your disdain for the cookie-cutter design of even these early space-fillers.

Ahem. I'm not going to bring this up again.

061Poliwhirl.png

...kind of ninja'd. Sort of. Point still stands, kinda.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. Seeing the slow trickle of new design reveals, mistaking something for an existing Pokemon's baby form, getting irritatingly used to calling everything by its Japanese name... bring it on, baby. It's not quite like experiencing everything new in the game firsthand, but it's its own kind of fun, and I'm terrible at avoiding spoilers anyway.

New mundane Pokemon won't be a problem, but I wonder how what they're going to do about new legendaries... I kind of hope they just don't create any more, but that seems awfully unlikely.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 1

IT'S A FOX.

Oh come on, there are over 495 Pokémon now, how can you expect every single new Pokémon to be based on an original animal/object?

IT'S A FOX.

How many mice pokemon are there, seriously? Dogs and cats too. It's nothing new. Not to mention every generation has had its load of shit, and I firmly hold my opinion that the most bad designs were from the FIRST generation.

Personally I think Zoroark and Zorua are rather interesting. Zorua for one thing is unbelievably adorable, and Zoroark's ability to transform into other pokemon is quite intriguing. Who knows, maybe it could have a new Transform-like move, one that makes it transform back after a set number of turns/being hit, perhaps?

For the most part I'm interested in what new features there will be. They did say after all that this would be very different. Too bad I won't find out until release because I'll be damned if I spoil ONE BIT of Gen 5 news beyond Zorua and Zoroark!

• Thumbs Up 2

There's some diagram somewhere (not sure where to find it) that shows that the various regions in the Pokémon titles are loosely based on distinct regions of Japan. They haven't covered them all yet so chances are that Gen 5 will based in yet another fictionalised region of Japan with yet more unique and not-so-unique Pokémon to fill in the power vaccuums between wild Magikarp and wild Arceus.

(Specified "wild" because I knew someone was going to be a smartarse. :P)

Jezus F Christ ... Once again Nintendo is announcing their brand new game of that series whilst their current game not yet being released in my region. Feels like there is no break here, haha. Seriously, what is up with that? In one way it is totally cool and lets you have something to look forward to, but at the same time it can feel as if the game you are about to acquire is worthless and already being outdated. Am I alone on this one? I felt exactly the same regarding when Platinum was about to be released in Norway, then some days before, they announced HG/SS.

Nonetheless, Zoroark and Zorua seem totally interesting. Zorua is quite cute, and I love me some cutie pokemans, whilst Zoroark tells me that Pokémon needs more of these awesome-looking creatures! The only thing I really know about the fifth generation of Pokémon games are Zoruas/Zoroarks' looks, and that alone is catching my interest for this generation and game. I wonder what will be revealed next?

• Thumbs Up 1

Once again Nintendo is announcing their brand new game of that series whilst their current game not yet being released in my region. Seriously, what is up with that? In one way it is totally cool and lets you have something to look forward to, but at the same time it can feel as if the game you are about to acquire is worthless and already being outdated. Am I alone on this one?

No, you're not, but for my part I got over stuff like this when I realised that it's better to live in the present and enjoy what you have available now rather than always looking ahead and wishing you were living in the future, because by the time you get there the world can see even farther than it could before and you'll just be longing for things you can't have yet all over again.

Jezus F Christ ... Once again Nintendo is announcing their brand new game of that series whilst their current game not yet being released in my region. Seriously, what is up with that? In one way it is totally cool and lets you have something to look forward to, but at the same time it can feel as if the game you are about to acquire is worthless and already being outdated. Am I alone on this one? I felt exactly the same regarding when Platinum was about to be released in Norway, then some days before, they announced HG/SS.

I would agree with you if HG/SS weren't remakes, because tbh the people who are going to be playing through them are people who are looking for the remake mostly, not necessarily the new experience. Also I can say with confidence that HG/SS and Pokémon 5 will be very different experiences, and both of which will be completely worth playing.

Having a new Pokémon Gen every 3-4 years is now a standard, so it's not too surprising. Needless to say Gamefreak have been incredibly busy, and I love them for it.

Also defo agree with Noir. Gen 1 and 3 were worst in general but they also are home to some of my favourites (my 6 faves are all from Gen 3, but I have a few faves from Gen 1 too.)

I too will be completely ignoring any Pokémon 5 info once the titles are officially announced. It's gonna be tough... but playing a Pokémon game and being completely surprised by everything in it is a feeling I've longed for since I spoiled both Gens 3 and 4 for myself.

NEVER AGAIN.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's some diagram somewhere (not sure where to find it) that shows that the various regions in the Pokémon titles are loosely based on distinct regions of Japan. They haven't covered them all yet so chances are that Gen 5 will based in yet another fictionalised region of Japan with yet more unique and not-so-unique Pokémon to fill in the power vaccuums between wild Magikarp and wild Arceus.

(Specified "wild" because I knew someone was going to be a smartarse. :P)

Like these? (The images are kind of big; also, I'm sorry that I couldn't find the zoomed in/better version of the second picture)

Regions.png

Pokemon_World_Map_by_Cadellin.jpg

Being a long time Pokemon fan, I'm naturally quite excited to hear there's a new generation of games on the way. However, as good as Diamond/Pearl/Platinum were, I do think the series needs a bit of a reboot (nothing major, just... something different).

The one thing I hope about the 5th gen is that it doesn't place so much emphasis on the legendaries, at least not in the predictable "evil team is after the ultimate power" sense. As I believe someone has already said, they've got the Pokemon equivalent of God now - where do they go from here? (reminds me of a Newgrounds flash, actually!)

As long as they're good though, and I trust in Nintendo to make good main series Pokemon games, I'll pick them up. The two new Pokemon look interesting, at any rate.

If it's gonna be a DS release, then that saves me the trouble of buying a new handheld for this.

By the way, Vulpix is so much better than this poser.

As I believe someone has already said, they've got the Pokemon equivalent of God now - where do they go from here? (reminds me of a Newgrounds flash, actually!)

Anyway, I really like the 2 designs that have been revealed. I just hope that they are useable in battle and don't end up like Weavile as the "Good Pokémon with bad typing and movepool" Pokémon of the 5th generation, but hopefully Zoroark will end up like Lucario and will be one of the new generation's best Pokémon.

Also to those complaining that Zorua and Zoroark are like Vulpix, maybe you should also be complaining about Pokémon like Miltank and Heracross for being similar to Tauros and Pinsir.

Edited by Blaziken

Actually you're right.

This is really more of an Eevee knock-off!

Well, even looking at it on its own merit, I thought it looked alright at first but now I think it's pretty dull.

Oh man guys.

Ivysaur is such a rip off of Bulbasaur.

And Seel is such an original design with an original name.

EDIT: OK I'll stop now. xD

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh gosh. If it's gonna be on the DS2 well... Time machine anyone?

And Nintendo/Game Freak (who ever makes pokemon) please make a Tyrannosaurs pokemon soon. I've waited YEARS and you always seem to disappoint me. D:

And we thought they ran out of ideas... What is Arceus then? PARADOX! lol

And Nintendo/Game Freak (who ever makes pokemon) please make a Tyrannosaurs pokemon soon. I've waited YEARS and you always seem to disappoint me. D:

tyranitar3.png

It's already been done.

Anyway, I hope these details about Zoroark's ability also give an idea about what stats he will have, that would give us a good idea on how well he'll perform in battle.

Hopefully the new movie Phantom Champion Z (or whatever it's called in English)'ll bring some new information about Zorua/Zoroak to light.

Also, Bulbapedia does say that Tyranitar was perhaps based off of the tyrannosaurus, but I can't help wanting a Pokémon that has proportions more equivalent to a tyrannosaurus's. Unusually large head, strangely small arms, etc.

Edited by Electrode

This talk of a tyrannosaurus Pokemon has reminded me of a Pokemon I made up when I was a kid, for no apparent reason.

It was a bar of chocolate with arms and legs. And googly eyes. GOOGLY EYES.

Heck, I'm kinda tempted to try and draw a picture of it again. Those were the days.