Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed to when I heard it was just Battrio, =/. However, I wasn't really counting on a Pokemon Gray or anything. We just got Pokemon Black and White like 2 months ago, it seems way to early to announce another one. I know the Japanese got it like all the way in October or something like that, but it still doesn't seem like it's been too far away yet. If anything, I was kinda expecting a Pokemon Stadium like game for Wii for the 5th gen honestly.

Or a fancy new Pokemon Snap *drools*

Is there even anything special about Battrio now that triple battles are a normal thing? Bah.

I still really want to see another Colosseum-esque console game. "Grey" or a Snap sequel or some other spinoff would be okay too, but I've been wanting another proper console RPG for a while.

We can expect a third version announcement roughly a year from now.

Which means it'll more than likely be a 3DS game, as the DS is on it's way to dying right now.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad? I mean if it gets a major graphical update for the 3DS that would be amazing.

I'm slightly annoyed, the global link is telling me to check my trainer account, but for the life of me I don't know where to look to see where me dreamworld espeon. Then I go to the PRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrmotions page on the global link and...."Check your trainer account".

I'm not amused =(

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the free Pokedex for 3DS, and have been playing around with it all week. On the second day, I got a new Pokemon. On the 3rd day, I discovered that while you get only one new one when you open the 'Dex program, you can actually get more than one per day. I got three that day, and four yesterday and today. I used the AR code page on Serebii.net and snagged codes for a handful of Pokemon I particularly wanted (you get a black silhouette and 'Unknown Pokemon' when you scan those); the next day I got three unrelated pokemon, but since then I got 6 wanted ones out of 8 received. I also today received the three musketeers simply by scanning their AR codes on the computer, instead of the expected silhouette.

I played around with several methods of hand-doing AR codes, and found that if they're too shaky (imprecise squares) the pokemon may not be photographable even if the 3DS can recognize it. I also learned that Serperior likes her head scratched,post-424-0-30904800-1307927248_thumb.jpg

Throh likes Diet Pepsi, post-424-0-55575500-1307927246_thumb.jpg

and Zoroark enjoys hang-gliding over Wuhu Island.post-424-0-43130600-1307927249_thumb.jpg

The first two were done with black magic marker and a ruler on a 6-inch square grid; the last picture combines an added background with a mosaic of inch-square bits of black construction paper on a white background. I also had success with simply blotting a square tipped marker in the correct pattern, but the camera had more trouble reading that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my Dreamworld Espeon. Took a while, but they finally confirmed that I really did play the breakout game and win an espeon. After that, it was simple.

• 3 months later...

Super Bump

Hey guys did you know that Junichi Masuda made a twitter? And did you also know that he revealed some information on N?

I'll quote it here for quick viewing, some are obvious while others are new.

• N's real name is Natural Harmonia Gropius, with "N" coming from the term natural number.
  • With his high IQ, N exceeds humans.
  • A genius, N excels in math enough to be called a math wizard.
  • N is quick-witted and has extreme mood swings.
  • N can see the past and future of people.
  • According to Masuda, rumors have it that N was born from Pokémon; the parents are unknown. (wat)
  • N loves Pokémon but keeps his distance from humans.
  • N believes he’s perfect.
  • Always putting Pokémon first is N's ideology.
  • Given how he is, he has been shunned by humans. In effect, he has a very strong connection with Pokémon.

According to Masuda, rumors have it that N was born from Pokémon; the parents are unknown.

This has to be a mistranslation.

• 2 weeks later...

A new giveaway has been announced for Japan's Global Link. On November 17th, a new strategy guide is to be released detailling all the Pokémon, their moves, and various Dream World details. In this strategy guide, there is to be a code for an Altaria with its Hidden Ability of Cloud Nine. While Altaria is already available by evolving the Swablu found in the Dream World's Windswept Sky location, it's likely it'll have a special move.

• 2 weeks later...
Pokemon Black & White: Get Victini next month!

Posted by Thomas East | Tuesday 8-Nov-2011 10:03 AM

Get more news, movies, screens and features at our Pokémon Black and White game hub. Missed out on getting the Legendary Pokeomon Victini for Pokemon Black & White earlier in the year? Not to worry because you have another chance to get your hands on the Victory Pokemon next month when Victini becomes available to download via Wi-Fi Connection.

screenshot_40857.jpg

Yes, according to Serebii, UK gamers will be able to download Victini at any time between 3 and 12 December.

This Victini not only has the V-Create special move but also knows Reshiram and Zekrom's signature moves: Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt. This is one powerful Pokemon!

This is great news because Victini was only available to download in the UK between 4 March and 22 April when you downloaded the Liberty Pass. This gives Pokemon fans who bought their copy of the games after that date the opportunity to receive Victini.

Want to chat about this news with your fellow Pokemon fans? Comment below or in our Pokemon forum.

[ Source: Serebii ]

The US is getting it, too. Nice! Glad to see it isn't a smelly retailer-exclusive event, too. I'm hoping that's a sign that they'll retire those soon and just have normal Wi-Fi events from now on. They've REALLY overstayed their welcome.

I also entered the US Pokemon site's Victini giveaway. I'm hoping I win at least a Victini plush and one of those card tins. :)