Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

You know what I'd like?

Land formations that curve, and arent made of only square shaped land.

Already have it if that outside screenie is worth anything.

You know what I'd like?

Land formations that curve, and arent made of only square shaped land.

How is it that MOTHER 1 has all these things ( And 8 directional movement ) on the NES, but the DS Pokemon game doesn't?

4-Directional movement is a style they've chosen and are sticking with. It's not broken so it doesn't need to be fixed. I can't even see how 8 directional movemont would work in Pokemon.

4-Directional movement is a style they've chosen and are sticking with. It's not broken so it doesn't need to be fixed. I can't even see how 8 directional movemont would work in Pokemon.

Well it could work in the way that it did in the mystery dungeon games, where the diagonal walking was never needed due to there being no diagonal pathways and is just be used to save you a bit of time getting to certain places.

Edited by Blaziken

Anyone else hoping for an evolution for Farfetch'd to get him outta of it's TERRIBLE stats?

Anyone else hoping for an evolution for Farfetch'd to get him outta of it's TERRIBLE stats?

No, unless they change its typing.

Flying + Normal is terrible. We have too many of these already, and the only one that's actually usable is Togekiss.

Edited by China ~

as long as we're asking for things that will never happen, I would like a third Lucario evolution. Mostly for lulz, mostly because Steel-Fighting is fucking awesome.

Very few single stage Pokémon fron Gen 1 exist now. Apart from Tauros, (which should share a baby form with Miltank) I hope none of them get evos of prevos.

No, unless they change its typing.

Flying + Normal is terrible. We have too many of these already, and the only one that's actually usable is Togekiss.

It'd pretty much have to be Fighting/Flying... if there's any decency in the world, anyway.

I'm pretty sure Generation V will be a bit more self-contained than Generation IV was; that seems to be the pattern. If we do get a bunch of new evolutions, I hope they're mostly for Generation III monsters.

I'm really not a fan of evos/pre-evos of old Pokemon, that's one reason I like Gen III so much, only 2 Pre-evos, all the rest is new.

I hope Gen V is more like that.

I think Gen IV was a little overkill on the evos, and Gen III had too little.

Gen III was my favourite because so many of the designs felt "new" and weird, rather than trying to follow some kind of style set by the first two gens. I'd kinda like a mix of those two approaches I guess... Somewhere between Gen III and IV in terms of design and evos and stufffff.

Very few single stage Pokémon fron Gen 1 exist now. Apart from Tauros, (which should share a baby form with Miltank) I hope none of them get evos of prevos.

Actually, out of all the Gen 1 Pokemon to get evolutions, I've always wanted Tauros to get a steel type evolution to become a mechinical bull, =U.

-Blur

Why do people want Tauros and Miltank to share a baby form? They both might be cows but I don't see how that means they need to share a baby form, however cool it would be.

Why do people want Tauros and Miltank to share a baby form? They both might be cows but I don't see how that means they need to share a baby form, however cool it would be.

Because it would just be a cool nod to the fact that they're both bovines, but Tauros is only male and Miltank only female. Plus it'd be cool to get access to Tauros early enough in a game for it to be useful.

I'm sure probably many of you have already read this, but Serebii says that Pokemon Sunday could reveal new Pokemon next week, =U!

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

In The Games Department

New Pokémon to be Revealed Next Week?

The first details of next week's Pokémon Sunday episode have been revealed, due to air on May 9th JST. The episode is called Baba Takes On Battle Practice! & New Pokemon - XX (馬場隊員がバトル修行に挑む!&新ポケモンの××) which indicated that a New Pokémon shall be revealed. However, Pokémon Sunday very rarely reveals things first so it may be a misinterpretation. We could also just get a sihlouette. In addition to this, yaminokame has informed me that in the variety show part, a person called Baba lost his Rayquaza in a battle and he theorises that the new Pokémon is a new Pokémon in his team, plus the synopsis of the episode makes no mention of an announcement. We're currently unsure as to the likelihood of either possibility but as always, the prospects of brand new Pokémon are exciting which is why I'm informing you like this but it is still best not to get your hopes up. We'll bring details and confirmation either way as soon as we can so be sure to check back.

However, if they are just pulling this from the title, it could just generally mean more talk about the new Pokemon game, instead of just actual new Pokemon. Gah, I really hope it's new Pokemon. I've been itching to see the new starters for a few weeks now.

-Blur

New Pokemon to be revealed next week:

PokeBeach

WOOT! Then again, it might be a silhouette. Hopefully, CoroCoro will be leaked next week.

Ooh I just found out that the host of Pokémon Sunday is Shoko Nakagawa :o That's cool, I love Shoko-tan.

It's going to be hard to avoid spoiling this new pokémon .__.

Eh, I think you would probably be best off avoiding just the Pokémon that aren't officially announced. Like, the day D/P came out Serebii was filled with pics of all of the unannounced Pokémon. You'll probably need to abandon the internet and shoot all fellow gamers that you know if you want to avoid details on these games.

There are never more than maybe six new Pokemon announced before the game's release anyway. I saw all of the officially announced Pokemon for Generation II (Pikablu, heh), and Silver still had plenty of surprises for me. Just avoid the spoilers on release and you should be fine.

Alright. Uh. Erm.

Dammit, I actually kind of remember that.

Most of those were revealed pretty close to release, though, weren't they? It was just Munchlax, Weavile and one or two others for quite a while, I'm sure.

Alright. Uh. Erm.

Dammit, I actually kind of remember that.

Most of those were revealed pretty close to release, though, weren't they? It was just Munchlax, Weavile and one or two others for quite a while, I'm sure.

Yeah, Diamond and Pearl were released in 2006, right?

Munchlax and (I think) Weavile as well were sorta revealed in PMD: Red and Blue Rescue team as statues.

Carnivine, the fossils, Budew and some others were revealed only weeks before release, but most were out much sooner. Dialga and Palkia were revealed alongside Parchirisu, Dorapion and Cherim for example, with things like Buize, Weavile, Bonsly and Mime. Jr l coming along before then even.

I won't find it too hard to avoid many surprises, the only reason I kept being spoiled for D/P was because I stupidly kept going on Serebii while info was being released... if I leave this thread, and /v/, and ignore Serebii, I should be able to keep most of the revealed info at bay.

I really want to see battle footage and character art, then I'll be happy enough to leave until it's out.

I could have sworn that this came out in China years ago...

pokemon_chaos_black.jpg

*shot*