Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

I could have sworn that this came out in China years ago...

pokemon_chaos_black.jpg

*shot*

That right there is the only evolving legendary.. i wish.

Seriously, What's special about Chaos Black? I've never figured it out. Is Chaos even in the game? (considering it has it's place in the series like Diamond(GBC)/Jade, I know it isn't really a true game anyways.)

Anyways, how much do you guys want to bet that at least one new character will leak. Also, they'd better start naming the professors after trees again. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum kind of ruined that.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum kind of ruined that.

B-b-b-but a Rowan is a type of small tree... D:

EDIT: Ninja'd. I blame Canada.

Edited by BritishLink

Seriously, What's special about Chaos Black? I've never figured it out. Is Chaos even in the game?

Nothing- it's just a fanmade hack of FR that some bootleggers have decided to sell. They stuck Chaos on the front because of his name. In actuality he's got bugger all to do with the game.

NEW STARTERS!

starterst.png

Just shown on Pokémon sunday. They look terrible IMO. The only one who could look good is the one on the bottom left, but thats all.

Edited by Blaziken
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Can't even tell what those are supposed to be. I don't doubt they'll look better in full color, but right now, I miss the Dolphin water starter fake.

Ya, I'm hoping they look better once we get full pictures of the pokemon.

Edited by knuxthechao

Don't tell me I'm the only one who likes them so far...? The bottom left looks good, top is cute, although I'll admit the bottom right is ew.

UR WELCOME U GUIZE

Bottom left looks like it could be cuuuuute.

Top looks like there was some Hot Turtwig on Spoink Action going on.

Bottom right looks... No.

Tot one is like a pig rabbit, no Idea what the one on the right is, but the one on the left looks dragon ish(?)

Only one I dislike the look of right now is bottom right, I think the other two look like Gen IV beaters.

Grass dude with a leaf tail all Charmander style. Fire dude up top with Pikachu ears and a curly tail? Design choice is questionable, but I'd have to see his face. And there's nothing real special about the water one's silhouette, but that doesn't mean he can't be cool. Looks like he has a tail and a fat neck. Water/Ice?

I like all of them so far. The bottom-right one has got me especially curious.

I like all of them so far. The bottom-right one has got me especially curious.

I share similar opinions. I'm leaning a little more on the bottom left one.

Top one looks like Pikachu plus Spoink.

Bottom-left looks pretty awesome, but they all seem like they could be pretty decent-looking. Mr. Bottom-Right reminds me a bit of Mew.

I wouldn't be surprised if I liked these a lot; more than Generation II's and Generation IV's, at least. Of course, I refuse to judge until we've seen the final forms and everything.

The left one's tail looks more like a fin than a leaf.

Which is a shame if it's true because that means we'll have yet ANOTHER all fours grass starter.

Fuck knows what the right one is supposed to be, it looks like BidoofxPiplup personified.

Just been talking to my brother about this and how hard it is to judge their type by these silhouettes and he said what if they're not going with Fire/Grass/Water for the starters this time? Would be an interesting development if they go with a different set of 3 types this time.

I'm of the opinion the left is water as well now, actually.

it's sleek, like a swimmer or some sort.

Just been tlaking to my brother about this and how hard it is to judge their type by these silhouettes and he said what if they're not going with Fire/Grass/Water for the starters this time? Would be an interesting development if they go with a different set of 3 types this time.

Fire/Grass/Water is one of the few type triangles there is. And it's also the only one consisting of just special types (going by the Gen I-III system). I can't see them changing it. Also remember that whatever the region, the choice of fire types is always limited. Getting the option of a fire starter is almost necessary (hello, D/P!).

As someone on another forum mentioned, it may be a good idea to note that in Pokédex order it usually goes Grass, Fire, Water. This would mean the one on the left could be a grass type, and if that's the case it could look really weird and unique. I kinda hope that's true.

SOMEONE SAID THE ONE ON THE LEFT COULD BE A GRASS STARTER KIWI OR TOUCAN. CAN ANY OF YOU POSSIBLY BEGIN TO COMPREHEND HOW IMMENSELY AWESOME THAT WOULD BE? NO, YOU CANNOT.

Also, depending on what the one of the right actually looks like, it could look really cute or awesome, so I've decided to not worry about it for now.

Overall, second opinion on these incredibly inconclusive silhouettes is that they could pwn Gen IV's starters easily.

Edited by SuperLink

Ambiguous starter silhouettes are ambiguous.

From what we can say, I'm... a little disappointed. I dunno why, and I'm sure I'll warm to the starters eventually (especially when we see them in their full, colourful glory), but at the moment I feel the designs are a little sub-par.

I'm guessing it goes Fire/Grass/Water from left to right, but a rabbit for a Grass starter seems odd... and the tail of the 'Fire' starter could easily be leaves... the only one I'm fairly confident on is the Water one, which looks like a platypus/beaver hybrid.

For Gens 1-4 I've picked: Fire (Charmander), Water (Totodile), Grass (Treecko), Fire (Chimchar)... so by that logic I should be picking the Water stater this time. But this is a cycle that could easily be broken. :P

I was thinking about the dex order too. Either way, the one of the left really does look beaked. And if it is a bird and the grass started, that'll mean there's been a bird starter of every type. Torchic was teh lame, Piplup was the awesome and this could potentially be the awesomer. Just speculation though. The only one that's basic appearance is obvious is the center one, but we can't tell much.

Edited by Blue Blood