Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Just noticed the water thing looks a little like an otter, it even has a clam shell pic on it's belly since otters smash and eat clams on their belly :lol:

I reckon the pig since it has the black pants and bandana appearance will be a Fire/Fighting type as it evolves and look like some sumo wrestler type of fighter.

I think the grass and fire starters are awesome-looking, but I don't even know what the water/ice type is meant to be and in my eye it's ugly.

Just noticed the water thing looks a little like an otter, it even has a clam shell pic on it's belly since otters smash and eat clams on their belly :lol:

Yeah it's an otter like many of us thought, the clam confirms it.

I have to admit it's far less Bidoof than a lot of us imagined, this gen is already off to a great start, these starters are far better than the Gen IV starters imo :)

Fingers crossed it's actually real! Serebii says there's still a chance it's fake.

Pretty shitty looking Otter...

Haters gonna hate!

Also, did I mention how much I love White's hair?

"Details" from CoroCoro, keep in mind this may still be fake:

* The region appears to be called the Isshu Region (イッシュ)

* CoroCoro states that the protaganists are older than they have been so far

IT'S LIKE ALL MY WISHES HAVE COME TRUE *-*

Pokemon_World_Map_by_Cadellin.png

Looks like the new region might take place at an angle above Johto region. The Pokemon-Japan Conspiracy continues~

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Old news is old Patticus, come on it was posted 20 pages back :lol:

Can't believe we have a fire pig :lol: Also, trainers look cool.

I believe the grass pokémon starter to be a Gecko, simply because of this image... XD

Gecko

EDIT: I Googled 'Leaf Tail' and it bought up images of 'Leaf Tailed Geckos' coincicdentally and this is what one looks like, so considering that, I assumed the starter really is a leaf tailed gecko.

Leaf Tailed Gecko

Leaf Tailed Gecko

This is what I think the water pokémon starter is, I couldn't really figure out what animal he was meant to resemble. Shadzter was saying Otter but I didn't really agree until I found this Otter, a.k.a River Otter, he has the big nose, it's short and stubby and has webbed/flipper feet. Other otters I was looking at didn't really have those features. I'm happy now lol, it was bugging me as to what animal it resembled! ^_^

River Otter

Edited by StuFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like the new region might take place at an angle above Johto region. The Pokemon-Japan Conspiracy continues~

I don't suppose anyone can vaguely connect the name "Isshu" with any Japanese regions yet? :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't suppose anyone can vaguely connect the name "Isshu" with any Japanese regions yet? :unsure:

Not sure the name, but comparing the pics in the scans to the maps of Japan/Japan-related-to-the-Pokemon-World, it looks definite it's based on the area above Johto/Kanto.

pokemon_regions_by_smudge_2k9.png

WAIT. Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver take place RIGHT NEXT to this new region if this is true... Do I smell further conspiracies? Special Heart Gold and Soul Silver interactivity with Black and White?

I believe the grass pokémon starter to be a Gecko, simply because of this image... XD

Gecko

EDIT: I Googled 'Leaf Tail' and it bought up images of 'Leaf Tailed Geckos' coincicdentally and this is what one looks like, so considering that, I assumed the starter really is a leaf tailed gecko.

Leaf Tailed Gecko

This is what I think the water pokémon starter is, I couldn't really figure out what animal he was meant to resemble. Shadzter was saying Otter but I didn't really agree until I found this Otter, a.k.a River Otter, he has the big nose, it's short and stubby and has webbed/flipper feet. Other otters I was looking at didn't really have those features. I'm happy now lol, it was bugging me as to what animal it resembled! ^_^

River Otter

Thanks my bro, yeah they do look alot like those two animals. Since that otter is in the snow too then that pretty much confirms all of our thoughts on it being a water/ice type or at least evolving into a water/ice type. Woah, there's a leaf tailed gecko? :o

Not sure name, but comparing the pics in the scans, and the maps of Japan/Japan-related-th-the-Pokemon-World, it looks definite it's based on the area above Johto/Kanto.

I can't see any pics of the new region in the scans :S just tall buildings... the only regions shown in the scans are Johto/Kanto and Sinnoh.

I can't see any pics of the new region in the scans :S just tall buildings... the only regions shown in the scans are Johto/Kanto and Sinnoh.

Then I may be as blind as a bat with terrible memory and my points are completely invalid. XD

Still, the starters look cool to me, I find them all having different eye styles funny for some strange reason... Don't know. And love the guy's hair. The girl though... Hmn... Her hair reminds me of Bayonetta (if she was wearing a hat) in some strange way. Not a bad thing, just unique and heavily reminiscent to me.

Thanks my bro, yeah they do look alot like those two animals. Since that otter is in the snow too then that pretty much confirms all of our thoughts on it being a water/ice type or at least evolving into a water/ice type. Woah, there's a leaf tailed gecko? :o

They're good ain't they haha.

I randomly searched Gecko, thought hmm looks alike, then I searched 'Leaf Tail' and it just happened to result in images of Gecko's lol

and they have the big eyes, the long pointy face and the leaf tail.. So.. :D

I wonder if the pokemon region resembles places on earth.. Hmmmmmmmmmm... Haha!

& yeah it does confirm the water/ice type, I'd be surprised if it doesn't evolve into a ice type. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

water/ice is kind of awful typing

I know. It might just end up being Water type but have the ability to learn Ice moves. :) Like Buizel, that was Water type but could learn Ice moves, like many Water Pokémon. :P

Pokebeach have some name info doing the rounds -

From a separate source, the Pokemon’s names might be Tsutaaja (ツタージャ), Pokabu (ポカブ), and Mijumaru (ミジュマル). “Tsuta” means “ivy.” “Bu” relates to “pig.” “Mijuku” means “immature” and “maru” means “round” or “ball.” Again, these are not the confirmed names yet. The magazine scan does not mention their names.

http://pokebeach.com/2010/05/black-white-starter-pokemon-revealed

Well it's a first for a starter atleast. Y'know, atleast we don't have another Water/Ground type, or another Fire/Fighting type (I hope...)

awesomepig.png

CANNOT UNSEE.

If this turns out fake we're gonna feel so stupid for hyping ourselves up :D

EDIT: According to Bulbapedia:

According to the scan, the first Generation V games will be set in the region known as 「イッシュ」 Isshu, which is quite a distance away from all previous regions. The magazine scan implies that the region is a foreign place that must be traveled to by boat or airplane.
Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well it's a first for a starter atleast. Y'know, atleast we don't have another Water/Ground type, or another Fire/Fighting type (I hope...)

awesomepig.png

CANNOT UNSEE.

If this turns out fake we're gonna feel so stupid for hyping ourselves up :D

EDIT: According to Bulbapedia:

Yeah, haha. I wish they'd stick with GRASS/WATER/FIRE types, rathan than dual typing the starters, I don't know why, I just don't like dual types much D;

and XD at the awesome face pictures haha.

People are complaining about the protagonist's new teen age round various forums <_<

Maybe people are afraid the protagonist's hormones might get in the way during their adventure, maybe we could see them going on dates or having other teen's in the town's chatting them up :lol:

People are complaining about the protagonist's new teen age round various forums <_<

Maybe people are afraid the protagonist's hormones might get in the way during their adventure, maybe we could see them going on dates or having other teen's in the town's chatting them up :lol:

What how why D: I love the fact that they're older, they're far better suited to a big adventure than a kid.

Also I kinda like the idea of dating in Pokémon >> I mean you get phone numbers in GenII, and Misty's awfully flirty anyway.

Besides! Just because they're teenagers don't mean hormones HAVE to come into it, GameFreak can do whatever they want with the characters.

If these complaints are coming from Pokémon forums then that could explain the silliness behind their words.

Edited by SuperLink

Imagine a mix of Pokémon and Hollyoaks -

pokeoaks.jpg

The drama, the drama...

I think it's a refreshing change for them to be older myself and I doubt GameFreak will let it change anything like hormones or anything related to teenhood that would dramatically change the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

OH MY GOD

DAY ONE PURCHASE

...I mean more so. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

If these aren't fake, the trainers look pretty epic, that girl's hair is insane and she is quite hot as well.

As for the starters... I don't like them. Normally there's one I at least sort of like, but not this time. Unless they have good final forms (I tend to prefer final forms of stuff anyway for some reason) I'm unimpressed. Fire type is probably the best to me though.