Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

I think we can safely say these are the new games.

I hope the shift away from gems means another rehaul of the pokemon game mechanics. :)

Poke'mon Black and White? Hmm...(Gamefreak has officialy run out of colors) The logos are awesome though.

Change up the formula! For the love of God change up the formula. Let me battle and re-battle trainers. Give me an epic storyline! Let me travel to every region! Fuck off with HMs! Same goes for Geodudes and Zubats! Gaaaaaah, so much stuff I want them to fix!

• Thumbs Up 1

The new art style of Gen V

steamboat-willie.jpg

*shot*

For the love of god GIVE US SOMETHING OTHER THAN ZUBATS AND GEODUDES ALREADY! In fact, EXCLUDE GEODUDE AND ZUBAT FROM THE POKEDEX FOR ONCE!

Edited by Black Spy

*Epic Japanese voice* Poketto monsuta- burakku & howaito!!

Great news! But is anyone else getting a "reboot" vibe from the names? D:

^Yes what you guys said. I tire of Zubat and Geodude.

I want innovation. Although thats what i'm expecting.

Great news! But is anyone else getting a "reboot" vibe from the names? D:
Not so much a reboot, but the sense of something big. Black and White are very "weighty" names to choose; I'd think they wouldn't pull them out unless they've got something big on their minds.

Also don't get rid of Geodude and Zubat; they're awesome pokemon. Just don't make every tile of every cave have a ridiculously high chance of triggering a battle with one of them.

Zubat and Geodude are here to stay and occupy 90% of all cave encounter rates, you guys are just so silly to think that Game Freak would ever consider something different. <3

Oh yeah, and you're ever only going to see Tentacool while surfing.

ZOMG! LEAKED POKEMON BLACK & WHITE SPRITES!

Spr_1g_025.pngRB_Red.pngSpr_1g_001.pngSpr_1g_006.pngSpr_1g_007.png

I bet that was a terrible joke...

Isn't that just crazy?

I don't think anything is gonna be leaked until it's close to it's release

Pokemon Black... I haven't been a poke fan since Gold but I have to admit that Pokemon Black just sounds cool as hell.

Also don't get rid of Geodude and Zubat; they're awesome pokemon. Just don't make every tile of every cave have a ridiculously high chance of triggering a battle with one of them.

Considering how since 1996, the cave Pokemon have ALWAYS been the same while every other major areas in the games (first routes, water), always have different variants on those area's Pokemon tropes, i.e first route is usually just a bird pokemon and a vendor trash pokemon, water routes have some variation on Goldeen/Seaking, while caves literally always have Zubats and Geodudes in vast majority no less.

I'm pretty sure it's time for a change, or at least caves where those Pokemon aren't so common, or completely absent.

Although, one innovation they better not add is the ability to actively fly above the world map. Or at least keep the fast travel.

Edited by Black Spy

Pokemon Black... I haven't been a poke fan since Gold but I have to admit that Pokemon Black just sounds cool as hell.
Sounds like premium alcohol, haha
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wait... this is the first time two completely separate Pokémon generations have come out on the same system, right?

So I guess Ash's gonna be changin' into black n' white themed clothes for the next couple of seasons...

Wait... this is the first time two completely separate Pokémon generations have come out on the same system, right?

Naw man, RB and GS

I'm pretty sure it's time for a change, or at least caves where those Pokemon aren't so common, or completely absent.
Well yeah, some variation is entirely welcome...I just don't want people forgetting that the Zubat and Geodude lines are pretty useful and actually pretty cool, just because they're tired of running into them in caves.

Since I can't read Japanesse(yet) can someone tell me which logo says Black and which says White?

This is fucking incredible. Wow, I really can't say anything at the moment to express my joy.

1. It's coming out THIS YEAR.

2. Announced just ONE month after their last release.

When I was a kid back in the 90's, me and my friends would make up false rumors of a pokemon Black And White coming out.

Who would've known that 10 years later...