Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

According to Serebii the grass-starter is a grass snake. Since when do snakes have legs? öÖ...

Anyway, if the pig's final form is a warthog, he better be able to dance, sing and create jacuzis by farting in a pond.

from Serebii.net

The Grass Starter, Tsutaja(ツタージャ) is the Grass Snake Pokémon The Fire Starter, Pokabu(ポカブ)is the Fire Pig Pokémon The Water Starter, Mijumaru(ミジュマル) is the Sea Otter Pokémon

Edited by France

Well, 2/3 ain't bad.

I don't like the otter at all. A shame, since they're pretty cool animals...but that face. Maybe it'll look better when it evolves, but right now it's only a few steps above Treecko.

But speaking of Treecko, his replacement looks great. A smug little fucker with a fancy collar. Hopefully it'll keep the attitude and style as it evolves. Edit: A grass...snake? That's an odd one...though wikipedia does say they have a yellow collar, so. Could it evolve into a grass/water type, since grass snakes apparently can swim? That'd be odd, to have two of the starter types...

The pig looks solid. Not particularly amazing, but I imagine it'll remain likable as it evolves.

Also the girl's hair is crazy awesome.

Edited by Diogenes

Oh my god what is wrong with those starter designs.

And I thought the Gen3 ones were bad. Jesus christ.

Lol, when I saw them this morning, I was like "oh no, Jake's going to hate these, D;." Like everyone else it seems, I can't stand looking at that otter. The pig looks like it could be something beastly and awesome, and the gecko looks like it could be something balls fast and sleek, <3.

Anyone read what it says on the Serebii update though? At the bottom of it:

* Zoroark has an ability called Illusion (イリュージョン) which will allow it to transform into various Pokémon. How it differs from the move Transform remains to be seen.

* Two new attacks have been announced;

o A move called Trickery (イカサマ) seems to allow the attack to be calculated using the opponent's stats

o Another move called Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ) raises the user's Attack and Accuracy stats

* The special event activated by the special Raikou, Entei & Suicune given with the upcoming movie; Phantom Champion Zoroark has been detailled. In this event, when you bring the beasts (it is unclear if it's all three or just one)to the game, a special battle will occur. This battle is against a Level 25 Zoroark which will transform into the various Pokémon. At many points, it will break its transformation to allow you to capture it.

Remember, this information is NOT Confirmed as of yet and so it's quite possible that this information is indeed inaccurate. However, as the region name was accurate, it's also quite possibly real. We'll get confirmation as to whether it's real or fake when the rest of the scans come out.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Even if it's not confirmed yet, that still would be awesome, =3. I don't really think that Zoroark will be in battle when given to you, but those new moves and ability sound legitimate enough to me. Maybe the Illusion move may transform you, but you keep your old moves instead of having your opponent's moves? I can already tell that this Pokemon is going to be strong as hell, O_o.

-Blur

OH MY GAWHD

The protags look awesome, the new screenshots look awesome.

I'm so god damn hyped. White is now my favourite protagonist too.

I love her hair more than can be described.

It's quite sad.

But screw you.

EDIT; Also her legs are the best indication so far that these trainers are much older than we're used to.

Edited by SuperLink

Since when do snakes have legs? öÖ...

Since they evolved from quadrapedal reptiles many tens of millions of years ago and evidence exists that this may have happened multiple times.

That picture next to the guy looks like the gender select screen. They're using artworks instead of sprites there? :-/ Thats what it looks like at least.. Maybe its just fo rnow, though..

Anyway, I think I'm the only person who likes the guy more than the girl... She is the coolest female character yet, but I think the guy looks cooler.

Edited by France

Since they evolved from quadrapedal reptiles many tens of millions of years ago and evidence exists that this may have happened multiple times.

Subtle.

I like the grass snake... guy. But to be honest most of these new Pokemon are just not interesting to me... I liked Gens 1 and 2 better. Eh... we'll see how much better this Black and White thing is.

Judging by the new screenshots then it looks like other areas aren't in the same 3D angle as that city place, looks like they're a birds eye view like in all of the other DS games.

I love her hair more than can be described.

It's quite sad.

Nothing sad about that, her hair really is amazing.

However, if these player characters are supposed to be older than earlier ones, I'm wondering how exactly. In fact I wonder if Ken Sugimori and crew have any sense at all of what kids and teens actually look like. O_o

Shit, why does the female trainer look so much like an anime version of Zsa Zsa (Eastender) but without blue bits in her hair? Good to see that both the trainers aren't boring kids, too. These guys pictures are showing showing some degree of personality, kind of a contrast to the 'cute and smiley pre-teens' design that's been around since RS.

That picture next to the guy looks like the gender select screen. They're using artworks instead of sprites there? :-/ Thats what it looks like at least.. Maybe its just fo rnow, though..

Naw it just looks like some lovely spriting there.

By now, how can naysayers not see the huge differences to detail? This Gen is gonna be the bomb, seriously, I can barely contain my excitement *-*

I need to calm down.

That girl has some insane hair.

It's like her hair has its own hair, sporting a double ahoge.

I like her hair.

I would also like to state my great sense of appreciation for the girl trainer's hair.

Best female trainer ever, perhaps?

:o

• Thumbs Up 1

Fanart of them already? For pete's sake internet, CALM DOWN!!

You have no idea how much fanart of the new starters and protags there already is.

Some have amazing detail too.

Starters:

1273668402154.jpg

1273680901426.png

1273681454584.jpg

1273682678091.jpg

1273682731958.jpg

1273682804078.jpg

1273683835063.png

Thank you /v/ and Pixiv :3

I have some more White fanart which I might post a bit later.

I would also like to state my great sense of appreciation for the girl trainer's hair.

Best female player character, yes.

Best female trainer in the whole series, maybe.

Those are some mighty fine stick-out-y pockets... if that's what those things are. I'm gonna call them pockets. And yes, her hair is epic stuff indeed. The guy is quite nice as well; simple and not too gimmicky. I was afraid they'd pull another Brendan and set us off on a "hair or hat" debate or somesuch.

May's still my favourite of the female player characters, though. Ha.

Edited by Octarine

:o

Best female trainer by a long shot. Nice to see that we get some maturity in the trainers.

The new female trainer reminds me of Pelly. :D

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that thought that. ;)

Quick and lazy paint job, but I tried to make the water guy look better (yes that nose is a third eye):

a2ab2174.png

Obviously, original:edit.

EDIT: Péllymon. We all need to name the female protag Pelly, k?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh Hey Guys. I think I know what I call The Grass Starter should I ever Pick it.

4234525.jpg

Enjoy Your Grass Starter

• Thumbs Up 1

Péllymon. We all need to name the female protag Pelly, k?

Sounds good to me! :P

All we need now is Pelly's seel of approval (see what I did there? instead of 'seal' I said 'seel' because Seel's a Pokemon and... yeah *shuts up*) and Péllymon shall be a reality D: