Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

I played as Leaf in LG because she's the best female design and I was planning on getting FR (which never happened), and... whatever that bitch's name was in Emerald because I really did not like the dude's design (I didn't like hers either, but it was the lesser of the two evils). After that I stuck with males, and I will be sticking with the guy in this one, even though the female one reminds me of Amy Winehouse, haha.

God damn it, just when I was happy people were comparing me to someone other then Amy Whinehouse....................

Excuse me while I go cry T______________T

As for the writing being hard to see, I'm sure that won't be a problem. How stupid do you think GameFreak are? Not stupid enough to make unreadable text in the most important part of a game series they've been making for ~15 years, oh no.

Tell that to Ruby and Sapphire's stupid illegible font. Gah.

I'm sure this won't be a problem, though. It's the first time the handheld games have ventured away from the old battle-screen layout; I'm certain that getting it right is a priority for them.

Just saw the new info, and yeah, the trainers look great. =) And as for the starters...well, they'll grow on me. I guess it was the fire starter's turn to get the "all fours" treatment this time around...though that lil' piggy's final evolution better be awesome looking dangit. T^T I think the grass starter's the coolest of the bunch, and as for the water one...well, I can't help getting a "Piplup" vibe from it.

Edit: Ya know, now that I think about it, that Fire pig's the best pokemayn EVUR! Seriously, how awesome is a pig that can COOK itSELF? XD

*insert name of fire pig* used "Bacon Scent!"

Other pokemon's speed, sharply fell- as it starts floating around!

Edited by Ferno

Just saw the new info, and yeah, the trainers look great. =) And as for the starters...well, they'll grow on me. I guess it was the fire starter's turn to get the "all fours" treatment this time around...though that lil' piggy's final evolution better be awesome looking dangit. T^T I think the grass starter's the coolest of the bunch, and as for the water one...well, I can't help getting a "Piplup" vibe from it.

Edit: Ya know, now that I think about it, that Fire pig's the best pokemayn EVUR! Seriously, how awesome is a pig that can COOK itSELF? XD

*insert name of fire pig* used "Bacon Scent!"

Other pokemon's speed, sharply fell- as it starts floating around!

Fire Pig used Overheat! Grilled that sucker!

I wouldn't be surprised if it learns explosion too.

Speaking of scents... Am I the only one that finds Ursaring learning Sweet Scent a bit odd?

Edited by Eiserne Drossel
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tell that to Ruby and Sapphire's stupid illegible font. Gah.

I'm sure this won't be a problem, though. It's the first time the handheld games have ventured away from the old battle-screen layout; I'm certain that getting it right is a priority for them.

Ruby and Sapphire's font was fine... >.>

I normally turn the battle animations off to make for a speedier battle, but I'm thinking of changing that this time around. Just because of the awesomeness it will be.

Anyway, I'm wondering how big of an impact Gen V'll have on the competitive battling scene. I only got into competitive after Gen IV was implemented, so I'm curious to see how quickly Smogon can work out Gen V's place in the metagames.

Edited by Epik Phayle

OMG GUYZ (Serebii updated)

hiuncity.pngmarket.pngalley.pngharbor.pnglookout.pngfemalecity.pngfemaletrain.png

starterbattle2.pngstarterbattle3.pngstarterbattle4.png

zoroarkzorua.pngvszoroark.png

Hmm....

raikouentei.pngZoroark's using Illusion to become Entei.

raikouentei2.pngzoruaentei.png

IS DAT SUM MID-BATTLE ANIMATION?

Amazing battle look confirmed.

Edited by SuperLink

Hmm....

raikouentei.pngZoroark's using Illusion to become Entei.

IS DAT SUM MID-BATTLE ANIMATION?

Amazing battle look confirmed.

Weird. It randomly changed to Entei. How odd.

Anywho... I got the japanese names of the starters. They might be old but I'll post them for the present.

Grass: Tsutaaja

Fire: Pokabu

Water: Mijumaru

I wonder how that'll translate to... Oh btw... According to Bulbapedia they all evolve into MissingNo.

Good god the battle sprites look like shit. Apart from the shadows.

And is that a reused Entei sprite? If they re-use all the sprites again, or keep the same ones for some shit the entire gen, I'll go nuts. It's so fucking lazy.

The 3D stuff looks kinda nice though. Currently everything about this game but the actual Pokemon related stuff is cool atm, the Pokemon related stuff has proved disappointing so far.

And is that a reused Entei sprite? If they re-use all the sprites again, or keep the same ones for some shit the entire gen, I'll go nuts. It's so fucking lazy.

Nevermind that they could well be placeholder sprites, I mean, it's not like we've never seen screenshots with rather different sprites than the final product when it comes to Pokemon, before. It happened with D&P, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, those shots look amazing.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

It's plot related apparently.

In this event, when you bring the beasts (it is unclear if it's all three or just one)to the game, a special battle will occur. This battle is against a Level 25 Zoroark which will transform into the various Pokémon. At many points, it will break its transformation to allow you to capture it.

Sounds very interesting, sounds like there may be some extra elements added in battles, like in this one for example, Zoroark is vulnerable only in certain turns.

I'm pretty sure it's not reused. Keep in mind though that the animation may be much better than before, and also like Masaru said they could well be placeholders.

Alright, the screenies Link so kindly posted reveal something. He said it, but I just want to clarify it for people who didn't notice.

Take a look at Raikou, I cropped him out of the three screens so you can see him better.

OHSHITITMOVES.png

See his stance in the first screen? Notice how in the second screen, he leans forward a bit. Then in the last, when he's actually launching the attack, he stands up high and mighty, and you can now see most of him in the screen. Although this may be a big step saying this, but...

Mid battle attack sequence sprites are confirmed in Pokemon Black/White. 8O

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, the screenies Link so kindly posted reveal something. He said it, but I just want to clarify it for people who didn't notice.

Take a look at Raikou, I cropped him out of the three screens so you can see him better.

OHSHITITMOVES.png

Cheers for making that, it's awesome and very handy :D

Some of you may have noticed that "Entei" moved while he was being attacked too. He sorta looks like he's bracing himself.

Edited by SuperLink

But I never noticed placeholder sprites back in DP days.

Weavile_Munchlax_beta_1.pngWeavile_Munchlax_beta_2.png

These sprites looks much closer to Gen 3 sprites, smaller, more shading, etc.

Even higher quality shots. Look at my to see that many of them have been updated to be clearer, better res.

And here's one new one of Raikou Vs Zoroark (presumably after he's changed back, giving you a chance to catch him, from his health being about empty):

raikouzoroark.png

Plus some I didn't get to post last time:

male-field.pngmaleforest.png

Edited by SuperLink

Man this region is looking absolutely beautiful. So interesting and lively looking. The sprite changes in battle are a little subtle, but of course they might improve later. All in all it's shaping up quite nicely.

Although... Wotter/Mijumaru wasn't holding its shell in that sprite... Oh god I hope it's not attatched to it.

Although... Wotter/Mijumaru wasn't holding its shell in that sprite... Oh god I hope it's not attatched to it.

I never assumed that it wasn't attached... it'd be an interesting throwback to Generation I for a Pokemon to just be holding something, though. I'm actually starting to warm up to the little guy... poor thing doesn't get any respect, and it just looks so sad. :(

Anyway, yeah, this is looking pretty great. As long as we don't actually have to deal with recycled sprites from Generation IV, I'll be happy. The Generation III monsters haven't gotten new sprites since D/P, for God's sake.

The super-pixellated backsprites kind of remind me of Generation I. Not in a bad way, though, and I assume it's necessary because they'll be moving around a lot.

Guys, something must be wrong with me.

500Mijumaru.png

It's so fucking cute! What happened? I didn't like it at all when it was revealed, now it's like my favourite Isshu starter. But I'm gonna have to buy both versions and use all three between them, because Tsutaaja and Pokabu are adorable too.

I'd warmed up to Mijumaru as well. I still like Pokabu and Tsutaaja more, but I definitely did like Mijumaru.

Then I found out it's shell is actually attached to its body. And suddenly, all of my hate.

It's the Illusion move.

Loving the screens and added depth.

It's so fucking cute! What happened? I didn't like it at all when it was revealed, now it's like my favourite Isshu starter. But I'm gonna have to buy both versions and use all three between them, because Tsutaaja and Pokabu are adorable too.

I must have been the only one who found it freaking adorable from the get go. All the reactions to it and that /v/ related one with Smugleaf and Crispybacon on the computers made me baww.

$10 says he's one of those Pokemon that's really awkward in his early stage, then evolves into something super cool.

$10 says he's one of those Pokemon that's really awkward in his early stage, then evolves into something super cool.

That's exactly what I thought the moment I saw it. Well, after "DAT NOSE" >.> Which is why I really have no clue which starter I want... Tsutajaa seems like it starts out awesome and ends average, Mijumaru seems like it starts off shitty and gets amazing, and Pokabu looks like it'll stay good throughout it's evolutions. GAH. It's never been this hard to choose!

I liked them all. Wotter just was a little awkward looking.

Then I stopped staring at his nose. Then I was all "d'aawwwww it looks like it wants a hug."

So I gave him a hug.

i am going to have such a hard time picking oh my god i need to know what the first gym is.

please to god don't let it be one that all three get normal damage on.

Now that I noticed... Raikou does look its ready to attack alright. But for some comic relief...

raikouentei2.png

Raikou: OH IMMA TAKING A SHIT!

zoruaentei.png

Raikou: Ahhhhhhhhhh....

Zoroark/Entei: . . .

Also this Illusion is Zoroark's ability or is it an attack move? Because it sounds like an ability.

Edited by Eiserne Drossel