Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Odd question: Which way round will the games be, like which is the primary version (Red, Gold, Ruby, etc) and which is the secondary version (Blue, Silver, Sapphire, etc)?

I have always bought the secondary version so that's why I want to know. :P

"Secondary" isn't really the term I'm looking for really but that's what they are often regarded as.

I always thought Sapphire was the "primary" version. Kyogre comes before Groudon in the Pokedex like the rest of them.

??? Type becomes an official type, and Zorua becomes Black version's mascot, calling it now!

Edited by Black Spy

Silver and gold, that's what you've been told (8)

As usual, I'm just going to be waiting around for the inevitable third version, unless it's going to be released for the 3DS a la Crystal.

I always thought Sapphire was the "primary" version. Kyogre comes before Groudon in the Pokedex like the rest of them.

??? Type becomes an official type, and Zorua becomes Black version's mascot, calling it now!

yeah, Sapphire is the Red/Gold version equivalent

Fools, the primary version is always the version with the coolest Pokémon mascot. Charizard, Lugia, Groudon.

...D/P/Pt had no primary version. They all sucked shit.

But, sapphires are blue...Also gold (yellowish) is closer to red than silver..

Edited by Ferno

How can Sapphire be the equivalent to Red and Gold? It isn't in the right colour spectrum! Red, Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, HeartGold; the only one out of the six you can really question is Diamond due to it and Pearl being more ambiguous game names. I thought that this was well established by now?

Charizard comes before Blastoise, Ho-oh comes before Lugia, Kyogre comes before Groudon, Dialga comes before Palkia.

Don't you catch Kyogre in Heart Gold or something anyway?

note: The fact that sapphire = red was a massive mindfuck for me too

Don't you catch Kyogre in Heart Gold or something anyway?

zactly.

The president is black and white. COINCIDENCE, JAPAN?

The box for Black better be all shiny and onyx like, cause that's the version I'm gonna get.

I like how they built up the color/mineral/gem theme so much they just had to get back to the basic black and white.

Maybe it's kind of a philosophy for this game too? Back to a simpler time?

I made these in terms of promotion. I'm super hype for this already. Let it be known that Iceman was one of the first people to make promotional Pokemon Black and White version signatures and banners EVER! 8O

Pokemonblackbanner.png

Black Version

Pokemonwhitebanner.png

White Version

Feel free to use them however you like, or make better ones, I just needed to do these so I could vent some of my excitement off and sleep tonight. ._.

Judging from it being black and white, with most of the versions representing something in their color (Diamond/Pearl = Time/Space, Red/Blue = Fire/Water, etc...), I'm figuring this one might mean good and evil.

So the YingYang symbol like TOTALLY goes with it. Yes, I realize YingYang is Chinese and this game is Japanese.

So I had my head in a toilet throwing up whilst new Pokemon games were being revealed... Arghhhhhh

The names are FANTASTIC though, I'm so glad they've done away with the mineral gemstone bullshit, after Platinum there's not really anywhere else you can go with that idea.

There's going to be a light-type introduced. Calling it now.

Professor Palm's gonna be the prof's name. Callin' it NAO!

You will fight 8 gym leaders, then the Elite 4, then the Champion. Calling it now.

Gen lll remake after White, black (and possibly gray) come out, 'Totally called it. :P

Edited by Ferno

Hopefully these games shake up the formula bit and play like MadWorld.

No, in all seriousness I do hope they don't feel simply like a new Pokémon generation, and instead have a very fresh approach.

As much as I want some "new", I do want it to be "familiar" ...but I really don't know how to put it without it sounding like I WANT a Rehash...( And Im one of the people who never raises a stink if one game looks similar to another... ) But I can think of plenty I'd like to be improved on. Like the ability to move in more than 1 direction. ( Zelda: Links awakening could do it on Gameboy... So why not Pokemon on DS?? ), those horrible HM moves... and maybe make the Humans in the game more appealing? Maybe be a tad bit more cinematic? An occasional anime cutscene ala Chrono Trigger... blah blsh. I could go on if my PS3 didn't put a limit on my typing ( and incidently, doesn't allow the viewing of spoiler tags. *SADFACE AT THE SUPPOSED LEAKED SPRITES* )

Uh, there's no way any sprites would have been leaked already. They're some Gen I sprites.

EBONYYY AND IVORYYY~!

I'm really curious to see how this is going to turn out. I think this might be the first time ever when my excitement for the new monster designs is matched by my curiosity about the new game mechanics. I'm kind of interested to see if this marks the series' move to real 3D... probably not, but you never know. Technology is incredible, after all. (Technology-loving fat guys must return in Generation V or it isn't Pokemon)

As far as specific things I'd like to see changed, a little more focus on the story and the excision of HMs or any equally-inconvenient HM analogue would make me pretty happy.

Calling this now:

Pokémon Light and Pokémon Dark as the Western titles for the games because for one thing Nintendo are hypersensitive to the possibility of being sued over something silly like this. Also logically, if you've done as headliner Legis the Elemental Bird Trio King (Lugia), the Elemental Dog Trio King (Ho-Oh, look it up), the Spirits of the Land, Sea, Sky, Space, Time and even Antimatter, that just leaves a headliner Light Legi and a headliner Dark Legi.

If I'm right you guys owe me a Cola. :3

This looks fucking sweet already! :D