Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

I'm not posting this in spoiler tags since it's not really a spoiler but I'm not quite sure what to make of this:

16:06; We can confirm that Rotom's types are no longer always Electric/Ghost. The second type changes to match the type of its special move

EXCUSE ME WHAT? I really don't know whether this is good or bad, as a Rotom-C user I'm now going to have a Grass/Electric type on my team in place of an Electric/Ghost which is quite irritating and I'm not sure if the type change will be beneficial in any way =/

EXCUSE ME WHAT? I really don't know whether this is good or bad, as a Rotom-C user I'm now going to have a Grass/Electric type on my team in place of an Electric/Ghost which is quite irritating and I'm not sure if the type change will be beneficial in any way =/

Nope, that makes it worse. That means that now Rotom-C has very little switch in opportunities now since it lost 2 immunities (Normal and Fighting) and gained a lot of weaknesses. The pivotal Rotom-H also gets worse now, as it now has a stealth rock weakness, meaning it can't switch in as easily on Pokémon like Scizor since it would now lose 1/4 of it's health doing so. Every other Rotom form gets worse as well except for Rotom-W, and even then that is a bit shaky since it loses to immunities, albeit it does only have one weakness now, grass, which is a very uncommon attacking type due to it being, well, bad.

Wait what? I thought they would have done it the other way around. You know, like ice/ghost or grass/ghost etc, not ice/electric or anything like that.

Edited by Blue Blood

Do the stats of the leaked pokemon not bother you?

Seriously, some of them are hugely overpowered.

You made the 100th page!! Time to celebrate! :D

pokeball-pokemon-cake-14-25004.jpg

re: Rotom

How's a fridge going to run without electricity? Logically, it is trading its incorporeal form for that of an appliance powered by its electric abilities. Thus swapping out the ghost type makes the most sense to me.

re: Stats

Didn't we hear some rumors about them reworking the stats system? Did any of that pan out, or do we still not know, or what? If they did rework it, that could explain why the stats seem so high; they might be normal for the new system, but not the old.

And why they had to stick Reshiram and Zekrom between 148 and 151 instead of having them consecutively.

I believe there is an explanation. I forget the exact details, but I think they were based off of wise men or something, but the main idea was that the third of the group was the odd one out, hence why 151 is separated from the other 2, and why it's stats are slightly different.

Also, Dream World abilities for (most) Pokemon revealed.

Edited by Black Spy

Lots of these really do seem to look like they belong in Pokemon Quartz... especially that sad electric/ground thing.

Okay I demand a fucking explanation as to why numbers 147, 148, and 151 have the same fucking sprite.

And fucking this...

I really like plenty of the designs, though, so overall I'm happy! Cut green Cell Evolution family and Samurai Kamen Rider dude guys shall be mine!!!!

And I just thought of something. Belle is supposidly the champion, correct? Think it will be the male character (Cheren) if you choose to play as the girl?

Edited by Gunthidoodles

Alakazam with Magic Guard? Ooh that's certainly a treat right there.

...How? Why would you need to get residual damage on Alakazam when you can just kill it in one physical hit?

Also there are quite a few good abilities in there. Ninetales, Vaporeon, Politoed, and Blaziken got particularly good ones. Honestly, barring Vaporeon since it's in the highest tier barring ubers anyway, I can see these abilities boosting them up a few tiers.In the case of Politoed and Ninetales, they are the only Pokemon allowed in standard which can set up instant and permanent rain and instant sun respectively, making them a vital team member for rain and sun teams, meaning that they will both get a lot more useage, and those team types will get more popular now that they have Pokémon that can easily set them up. As for Speed Boost Blaziken, this not only allows it to easily get over it's speed problem, it is also no longer outclassed by Infernape due to speed being the only real thing Infernape had over Blaziken was speed and close combat, and if Blaziken get's close combat this gen, it will be a monster with speed boost.

Blaziken is a speed booster now? After Sonic 4 happened, I hate Blaziken even more now.

On a more serious note, some of the extra abilities are very awesome. I quite like the idea of Staraptor having reckless. I don't care what it's like for competitive play, it'll be fun to use in the main game.

Blaziken is a speed booster now? After Sonic 4 happened, I hate Blaziken even more now.

On a more serious note, some of the extra abilities are very awesome. I quite like the idea of Staraptor having reckless. I don't care what it's like for competitive play, it'll be fun to use in the main game.

I C WHAT U DID THAR!!!!!

No, but seriously, Blaziken is my favorite Starter, and I always thought it had really poor speed given what it looked like. I mean it has the same speed as a fucking Mamoswine.

It needs a speed boost so that its pretty high attack can put a dent in stuff faster.

Can't wait to see what Mightyena's new ability is, =U. Hopefully it's something that it'll make him less crap to use, D;. Hopefully Mightyena gets a new move pool as well. If I could have anything though, a touch up on stats would be ace. Especially with all these high powered 5th gen Pokemon now, 8U.

-Blur

This is a really cool idea, even if these extra abilities are guaranteed to break competitive battlers' minds for a while. Most of them fit very well with their associated monsters from a lore perspective, so that's pretty cool, and it's nice to see the starters finally get proper abilities. I just wonder if there are any new abilities that will only be available as extra Dream World abilities and not on any regular Pokemon... probably not, but that'd be interesting.

Alright, so, I found a ROM. So, here's Belle's and Cheren's battle.

You morally-deprived, thieving BASTARD. :angry:

*totally did not play both those battles not 5 minutes before posting this.

:P

Hey, I'm still buying both games in the US :lol:

Yeah, I know, I was joking, and with what was in my spoiler, I'm not one to talk. :lol:

I'm still going to buy the inevitable third version, because:

1). I don't know Japanese, so it's more of a demo for me.

2). I prefer playing handheld games on a handheld.

3). I don't like wearing eyepatches.

Edited by Ekaje

So I read somewhere that the gender of your rival/best friend/the champion/whatever is determined by the gender of your player and/or the version you're playing. Is this true? It better not be.

So I read somewhere that the gender of your rival/best friend/the champion/whatever is determined by the gender of your player and/or the version you're playing. Is this true? It better not be.

They've appeared in videos with each other, and most of the details I've picked up so far seem to indicate that you at least fight both of them, regardless of what your gender is. I really hope that Belle is the champion either way: the idea of your cute, klutzy best friend being the final boss is a really cool twist, and not something I'd expect from a Pokemon game.

ROM is available for download! LINK REMOVED It runs perfectly on desmume! I cant wait so long! I will buy it when it comes here, but since I got it working Ill start ripping some sprites! any request? :)

Erm... correct me if I'm wrong I'm pretty certain but links to illegal material aren't allowed.

Edited by Spin