Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

EYE PATCHES AND PARROTS.

Uh, duder. The hell are you doing? You can't just go around linking ROMs. All the sprites were already ripped anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, duder. The hell are you doing? You can't just go around linking ROMs. All the sprites were already ripped anyway.

Really? sorry then! :D didnt know that.

EDIT: Removed link. My bad. I didnt know that. I thought it wasnt bad since its just to try it out before it comes, I only try them to rip sprites or to try it first xDD

Edited by dabbido

Yeah, no linking to ROMs or general ROM discussion, please. If you're playing the game, you may still discuss your progress, but try to avoid talking about piracy itself, a'ight?

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, no linking to ROMs or general ROM discussion, please. If you're playing the game, you may still discuss your progress, but try to avoid talking about piracy itself, a'ight?

Ok! thanks so much! wont do that ever again. I feel so idiotic right now =w= thanks for being nice!

• Thumbs Up 1

I love what Game Freak did with the anti-piracy, instead of just lolfreeze, there's no EXP. It's actually pretty hilarious. I herped my way through the moonrunes up to the first N battle but my Smugleaf was too low leveled and I lost. So oh well. I gotta say, it sure is a pretty game, and it's impressive that they actually set up an intriguing plot in just the opening of the game.

I love what Game Freak did with the anti-piracy, instead of just lolfreeze, there's no EXP. It's actually pretty hilarious. I herped my way through the moonrunes up to the first N battle but my Smugleaf was too low leveled and I lost. So oh well. I gotta say, it sure is a pretty game, and it's impressive that they actually set up an intriguing plot in just the opening of the game.

Ha I noticed that recently! pretty clever! I got past N catching more pokemon, and yeah the story looks great! cant wait to buy the game!

EDIT: Started ripping some sprites, wanted to share this one with you:

smugleafissmug.gif Smugleaf is not amused / Smugleaf does not approve xD

Edited by dabbido
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ill start ripping some sprites! any request? :)

Can you rip sprites of Pokabu and its evolutions, Meguroko +evos, Zuruguu + Zuruzukin, Gochiruzeru, please? :)

YAY 2010th response!!!

Anyway.

I want to know how things will change between generation.

THe pokemon in Gen 5 are so ridiculously overpowered, its not even funny. I want to know if all the previous generation pokemon have Base-stat recalculations to compensate for this.

Ill start ripping some sprites! any request? :)

I'm interested in seeing the sprites for basically any Pokemon from the first four generations. What I'm most interested in is seeing them in motion, but I'm curious in general. I hope they're not all recycled from Generation IV.

A lot of Generation V's monsters are looking considerably better in higher quality and in motion, which makes me very happy. The game itself seems to be really good too, with a much bigger emphasis on the story and characters than its predecessors. My only real complaint so far:

No Gym Leader has more than three Pokemon on their team; not even Iris/Old Guy. What?! We'd better get to rematch them, seriously.

Edited by Octarine

Well.

The Elite Four isn't as interesting as I'd hoped.

Their Pokémon start off at around lv. 70, but the Four all have Pokémon of the same level. And hopefully the new stat changes don't mean that these level 70s have the stats of a lv. 50 - that'd suck.

And no, neither of your rivals are the champion.

First Elite Four member; Shikimi. She has Desukan, Burunkeru, Gorugu, Froslass (All at Level 71) and Shandera at Level 73

Second Elite Four member; Giima. He has Sharpedo, Warubiaru, Zuruzukin, Drapion, Lepardasu (All at Level 71) and Kirikizan at Level 73

Third Elite Four member; Katorena. She has Musharna, Rankurusu, Shinbora, Bronzong, Gochiruzeru (At Level 71) and Metagross at Level 73

Final Elite Four member; Renbu. He has a Breloom, Kojondo, Dageki, Nageki, Toxicroak (At Level 71) and Roobushin at Level 73

New Champion; Adeku. He has Agiruda, Baffuron, Kurimugan, Baibanira, Shubarugo (At Level 75), and Urugamosu at Level 77

Edited by Ovarloard

That's the E4 AFTER the National Dex. Anyways, If you guys want to see something awesome, go to Serebii. I have to say this though. It's HUMONGOUS spoilers! So, read at your own risk. It's the second spoiler box.

I just wish to drop by and say, this is - by far - the best soundtrack to ever grace a Pokémon game. N and Team Plasma's battle themes and the bike theme are orgasmic. Gen III still stays my favorite due to nostalgia, but oh my god is this stuff great.

So yeah, by what I'm seeing, this doesn't break away from the traditional layout of the Pokemon formula like I thought it did does it?

Well, considering it's the same basic layout junk and I don't care for the new Digi--er, Pokemon, screw this game. :D

Edited by Azukara

It's the same formula, but it feels fresh this time. Gen II and IV both felt like more of the same, but this is more similar to how Gen III felt much newer. It's different.

Thing is, Gen III didn't feel newer to me either. I was expecting an all-new and different Pokemon adventure with a different layout. It's still "home > talk to mom > Pokemon GET! > rival fight(s) > route > gym > route > gym > repeat route and gym five hundred times > Team Whatever crap > Elite Four / Pokemon League". I went through this crap in 1998, just this time slightly different with (arguably worse every gen) new Pokemon and some new little side things.

Edited by Azukara

Can you rip sprites of Pokabu and its evolutions, Meguroko +evos, Zuruguu + Zuruzukin, Gochiruzeru, please? :)

Sadly as stated before, you cant gain XP so my team will probably be as weak to get to megurokko or pokabus evos :( wich is still good for me since its like a little demo :3 Ill rip anything possible. Ill rip tsutaja front and back sprites, pokabus and mijimarus, the main protagonist and the only pokemon available =3 I will also create the gifs so you can use them!

Sadly as stated before, you cant gain XP so my team will probably be as weak to get to megurokko or pokabus evos :( wich is still good for me since its like a little demo :3 Ill rip anything possible. Ill rip tsutaja front and back sprites, pokabus and mijimarus, the main protagonist and the only pokemon available =3 I will also create the gifs so you can use them!

There's a patch to remove the no EXP restriction. Your best bet for finding it is 4chan.

There's a patch to remove the no EXP restriction. Your best bet for finding it is 4chan.

Cant you give me the link? :P just kidding just kidding! Ill never ever do that again...Im shivering just of the thought :S Ill try and find it, since I would really love to rip those awesome sprites!

EDIT: Good news, found it =)) Ill be able to rip all I can xD

Edited by dabbido

So I was doing some messing around with the ROM and I found that the Hoenn starters (All evolution stages), unlike most/every (I can't confirm if it's all of them at this point, I haven't tested every Poke, although it's been tat case with all of the one's I've tested so far) other Pokémon from the past 4 gens, actually have new sprites instead of reposed animated versions of past sprites.

...Gen threemakes confirmed?

So I was doing some messing around with the ROM and I found that the Hoenn starters (All evolution stages), unlike most/every (I can't confirm if it's all of them at this point, I haven't tested every Poke, although it's been tat case with all of the one's I've tested so far) other Pokémon from the past 4 gens, actually have new sprites instead of reposed animated versions of past sprites.

...Gen threemakes confirmed?

Really? awww bummer! I wanted to see a new sexy pose for cyndaquil :( oh well if its animated its still good. Can you show us pics? of the hoenn starters? I was kinda stuck after beating the first gym :P I finally learned I had to use cut. Maybe its just me but I feel like they wont show any new pokemon, past first gym battle and still 3 pokemon :/

Really? awww bummer! I wanted to see a new sexy pose for cyndaquil :( oh well if its animated its still good. Can you show us pics? of the hoenn starters? I was kinda stuck after beating the first gym :P I finally learned I had to use cut. Maybe its just me but I feel like they wont show any new pokemon, past first gym battle and still 3 pokemon :/

Spoilers just in case people don't want to see the new sprites.

pokesprites.png

No Mudkip line since Swampert crashes the emulator when I input his code.

Spoilers just in case people don't want to see the new sprites.

pokesprites.png

No Mudkip line since Swampert crashes the emulator when I input his code.

Pretty awesome if you ask me! although not really that special, the poses are a bit generic. By the way I wont rip sprites anymore since its a ton of work and somebody out there is probably ripping them. However I will rip the sprites and animate them (front and back) so people can use it =)