Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Pretty awesome if you ask me! although not really that special, the poses are a bit generic. By the way I wont rip sprites anymore since its a ton of work and somebody out there is probably ripping them. However I will rip the sprites and animate them (front and back) so people can use it =)

The poses are a bit generic because I tried to get as little rotations on the sprite as possible so it's easier to distinguish the details on the sprites. (As you can see I failed with the Torchic and Blaziken screencap, as it's hard to see the divides on the feathers on the back of Blaziken's head and Torchic's head has a dent in it.) They do have more interesting poses once they are animated though, it's just that those were the poses with the fewest rotations that I could screencap.

Edited by Blaziken

Not sure if these have already been posted, but:

spritesheet.png

There are sprites for a football player, a basketball player, a soccer player, a baseball player, and a tennis player. Oh, and there seem to be cheerleaders too. Joy.

Edited by Ovarloard

Oh dear. It looks like these two were caught in the act or something. (Just a trainer sprite in the spoiler)

bikerfun.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cynthia is a trainer in the game you can battle after the E4. She is found in a house every spring and summer (which changes every month).

Anyways, here's Cheren's 2nd battle.

That baseball player trainer has some wicked chops, >8D. Oh, and if someone wouldn't mind, do you think you could rip the Mightyena sprite, XD? Gotta see it's awesomeness.

-Blur

I only count 5 black people, and only 3 that look African American and not just tea flavored. Though I'm really digging the sports players.

Back sprites & front sprites.

EDIT: Loving the lack of butt cheeks on Feraligatr's back sprite.

EDIT2: Serebii got an e-mail from Nintendo requesting the removal of screenshots because they were 'violating intellectual property'. Surely that's not fair when the games are out, right?

Edited by Blue Blood

Why'd Nintendo wait until now to throw a C&D Serebii's way after all they've done over the years?

I guess they can prove that the shots are all from ROMs this time around. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Why'd Nintendo wait until now to throw a C&D Serebii's way after all they've done over the years?

There's always a chance it's fake?

I mean, I don't see the guy who runs Serebii as the brightest match in the box. He thought he couldn't gain EXP because of a non-existent tutorial for pete's sake. If it's real, I suspect it's not actually the images themselves, but the fact he's essentially spoiling the plot. Otherwise they'd have fit other places by now :V

EDIT: Just noticed this: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fansites_served_with_copyright_infringement_notices

I'd read the image they posted. It does give a few details why it could be fake :V

Edited by DarkOverord

My impressions on the new (and not so new sprites of the previous Gen's Pokemon.

Venusaur looks pretty cool, no complaints.

Charmeleon and Blastoise look like total bros now.

Charizard keeps his not as cool D/P sprite.

Pidgeotto keeps his AWESOME D/P sprite.

Pidgeot........ only way to express my opinion on his new sprite.

Raticate loses his awesome HG/SS sprite; boo.

Raichu gets it's not as cool D/P sprite back.

Nidoking get's a pretty awesome sprite, that looks very much like it's Sugimori art, sweet.

Sandslash get's his awesome Pt sprite back, sweet.

Ninetails gets a sexy new sprite based off of it's Sugimori art, SWEEEEEET.

Persian gets a GOOD sprite for a change.

Arcanine's new sprite confirmed for bro tier.

Alakazam's new sprite.... well it's not as bad as it's HG/SS sprite, but it's still not as good as it's Pt sprite.

Machop family get's their not as awesome D/P/Pt sprites back, booooooo.

Tentacurel's new sprite is actually more accurate to it's official art than the previous Gens. It's tentacles were always gray, while the sprites were more pale brown, cool.

Geodude line get's their not as cool Pt sprites back, boo.

Gengar get's it's not as awesome Pt sprite back, boooooo, HG/SS sprite was awesome!

Onix get's it's slightly better Pt sprite back, nice.

Scyther gets new sprite, somewhat similar to it's Green/Fr and Lg sprite, but still unique and awesome. But I SWEAR I've seen that pose somewhere else.

Jynx sees shiny. =o

Gyarados get's it's not as awesome Pt sprite back, booooo.

Eevee get's it's more kawaii Pt sprite back, yay! ^_^

Jolteon get's a new sprite, and no longer has that shitty HG/SS sprite, noice.

Dragonite is a total bro now.

Mewtwo get's it's awesome Pt sprite back, coolio.

Crobat confirmed for emo.

Sudowoodo gets a new sprite, it better animate well.

Scizor get's slightly cooler Pt sprite back, cool.

Raikou keeps it's HG/SS sprite/

Entei get's it's Pt sprite back for some reason

and Suicune's sprite is it's HG/SS sprite REVERSED and altered eye position, lolwat.

Lugia and Ho-oh lose their awesome HG/SS Sprites, Ho-oh get's it's Pt sprite back, boo.

Blaziken's sprite is the first one to use it's correct eye color, Pretty neat.

Swampert confirmed for DERP.

Poochyena confirmed for RAEG.

Swellow confirmed for being stoned....... GET IT, BIRD, STONED.

Breloom gets new sprite, which is it's Sugimori art, sweet.

Slaking = wat u lookin @ foo?

Azurill confirmed for emo.

Roselia has weird look on it's face.

Metagross's new sprite is a total G.

Dem legendaries.

A lot of the Gen 4 sprites got their D/P (read: not as cool) sprites back. D= Plus side is, I always preferred Dusknoir's D/P sprite.

Electivire and Magmortar get cool new-ish sprites.

The Gen 5 sprites look a lot better, now that they are more crisp and properly scaled.

And after getting used to the new Pokemon, and checking out some of their movepools/stats, I already have 5 solid team members.

Edited by Black Spy

As I promised here it is! hopefully you will find good use of it! (Spoilers are just animated sprites, but in case you dont wanna see it..)

I dont know how to call these, but the first one is the stance, and the second contains that little idle animation =3 enjoy!!!

Tsutarjafront.gifTsutarjafrontidle.gif

EDIT: FIXED......OR NOT...WTF it worked on my program but once I uploaded it got like this again =w=

Edited by dabbido
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some of it is in Kanji, because lolNintendo.

So far, the awesome part of it is there is BEDY FEU kanji in the beginning, making it very easy for me to at least romanize them (I can't translate worth shit yet.)

Weird...I fixed the sprite and colored the white eye a slightly darker white so it wouldnt cut it off. It still works on my PC, however when I post it its still there...maybe its just the internet being slow? I just deleted the previous ones and replaced them =/

Back sprites & front sprites.

EDIT: Loving the lack of butt cheeks on Feraligatr's back sprite.

EDIT2: Serebii got an e-mail from Nintendo requesting the removal of screenshots because they were 'violating intellectual property'. Surely that's not fair when the games are out, right?

Now shiny flavored.

There still remains the possibility that these Cease and Desists are fake.

linky

Random ass question.

Does anyone have anything on B&W's bgm?

That would be something since from what we've heard from before sounds good.

Random ass question.

Lol, I tried recording the rival battle music, but it still has some of the sounds from the battle, so it's not that great.

rival battle music - if someone can rip a better track, please do, I'm looking for one myself. :P

But because of how that turned out, I'm not even going to bother with attempting to record anything else.

Lol, I tried recording the rival battle music, but it still has some of the sounds from the battle, so it's not that great.

rival battle music - if someone can rip a better track, please do, I'm looking for one myself. :P

But because of how that turned out, I'm not even going to bother with attempting to record anything else.

Oh goddamn that track is catchy. This gen is best gen alright. Thanks for helping a bit. ^ ^

*goes off to look for plushies*

The Generation V Pokemon look considerably better with cleaned-up sprites, I must say. I mean, I liked them initially, but I'm really starting to warm up to them now, even some of the ones I initially disliked. There are still a few that are pretty terrible, like Dokkora's family, but for the most part I'm pleased. Now all I need is some official art.

The back sprites probably shouldn't be as interesting to me as they are, but I really love them. Just that extra bit of detail has gone a long way toward making me love these games. As for the front sprites, I appreciate that so many of the Generation III sprites have been updated so they don't clash as badly with all of the others, but the reversion of so many Platinum sprites from D/P ones completely baffles me. The biggest problems I have is with Magnezone, since its D/P sprite didn't colour in the ends of its magnets, but that was corrected in Platinum. If they were going to go to the trouble of giving each sprite idle animations, couldn't they at least have coloured in the tips of Magnezone's magnets? I hope they at least flash the correct colours while they're animated.

Odd side note: Gallade's elbows seem to have been severely reduced in size. I guess that just made him easier to animate?

Random ass question.

So far, all the music has been pretty amazing. The dynamic music in the battles caught me by surprise. This plays whenever your Pokemon hits the red level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YeErMOL2A

Also, the Team Plasma battle music is pretty epic in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KH1X3wUXHk

Edited by Hero Of Fate