Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

There still remains the possibility that these Cease and Desists are fake.

linky

Or you know, they're not fake and one of the two affected have talked to the lawyer :V

A lot of the bgm has been linked actually, such as...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AeHNhUgeqBM

I hope it's not an unused track.

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

Oh my god this is the greatest thing I've ever heard, it makes me wanna battle every single champion with every Pokemon I've ever trained ever in one huge mega battle of omg awesooooooooome!!!!

Okay, so...

15d0800.png2en25nn.png

The Hoenn Pokémon have decent shading and new poses. The other Pokemon...have awful shading. Why is that?

And as much as I like that the sprites are animated, I hate how horrible the rotations are. 8x

Edited by Mega

The Hoenn Pokémon have decent shading and new poses. The other Pokemon...have awful shading. Why is that?

Gen three remakes? :V

*shot*

I still don't see why an RSE remake would be warranted, since it's still 100% possible to get all the Pokemon on one game as it stands. I'm tempted to believe that they updated them just because........... and stuff.

Gen three remakes? :V

*shot*

All the Gen 1, 2 and 4 Pokemon received sprites with the new (and IMO better) simple shading style from Platinum and HGSS, this style is probably ALOT easier to animate since the shading isn't very complex so it'd make sense that the third gen Pokemon would receive new sprites in order for them to be animated.

It seems that any Pokemon from previous generations whose old sprite was in a dynamic pose (Weavile for example) has been given a new sprite as well, again likely for animation purposes and because it'd look silly otherwise.

Another possible reason why gen 3 pokemon got new sprites is because if you hadn't noticed is that most if not all of them had a constantly used sprite in 4th gen. So that sceptile traded from your diamond will look the same in HG. And you might be going WAT!?! Well not anymore!

It was nice enough to give them the new sprites they so well deserve after all right?

Eh, animations with decent shading are possible. Genesis and SNES games had smooth animations, often, and some had shading that wasn't flat. My problem with these sprites, as well as HGSS, is that they just look so... flat, and the animations in Gen 5 get all distorted due to rotations. But I'm also picky about aesthetics, so.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6syhtibvak7ib5z

Here is every 5th Gen Pokemon sprite, regular front, shiny front, regular back, shiny back, all icons, and everything for alternate forms. All are individual and transparent. :)

And I mean just the new ones from #494 onward. :P

Edited by Hero of Legend

Eh, animations with decent shading are possible. Genesis and SNES games had smooth animations, often, and some had shading that wasn't flat. My problem with these sprites, as well as HGSS, is that they just look so... flat, and the animations in Gen 5 get all distorted due to rotations. But I'm also picky about aesthetics, so.

The animations in Gen 5 don't use individual sprites to create the animations though, they're basically a few sprites that have individual moving parts. It'd look so much worse with a complex shading style.

Plus I think the Platinum onwards style for the sprites is gorgeous anyway, though it doesn't seem to be a very popular opinion for some reason =/

Last one for the day, guys. It's N's Second Battle against you:

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Hm, point. I guess what I wish is that they were individual frames. It's true that it'd take longer, but honestly? It'd look so much better that way.

Well much to my surprise, I managed to pick up a copy of Pokemon Black at Anime Weekend Atlanta this weekend (seriously, I thought for sure no one was going to have it because it had just came out this weekend). I'm up to the 5th gym now, and despite some of the "eh" 5th gen designs, the game in general is very good both graphics and music wise (seriously, the music is really, really good!) I'd certainly like to get my hands on the OST when that comes out.

Edited by Kevin

When Pokemon tilt their heads or move to the sides, their sprites get very pixellated. That's what I mean.

I notice things like that in other games as well.

In the Sonic advance series for example, Sonic & Co's sprites turn really weird looking when running up or down slopes.

Edited by Ferno

So I'm listening to the soundtrack on Youtube and... of all things, I come across names like these:

Cynthia Battle Theme

Kanto Champion Theme

True Champion Theme

Team Rocket Takeover

THE PLOT. IS. THICKENING. AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE ENGLISH RELEASE. Or a translated ROM would be nice too... for now at least.

Holy shit. The Kanto Champion Battle Theme track pretty much blew me away. It sounds so epic! It could easily be a metal song if it was played on distorted guitars. Certain parts remind me of the bands Behemoth and Nile. <3

Now we have sprites for all the Pokemon, how about getting some sprites for the male/female playable trainers?

I want to know what my character is going to look like because as much as I intend on being on the male, damn that female trainer design looks good.

kthxbai

Wargle is a White exclusive?

FFUUUU.

Really? I heard that it was Black exclusive. Doesn't matter to me either way, I'm going to (attempt) to hold out for the inevitable 3rd version........... BUT GODDAMN THE US RELEASE IS SO LONG AS IS!!! If the release of Platinum is any indication, "Gray" won't be out until the September of 2012. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Goddammit, do I even have a choice now?

Wargle is a White exclusive?

FFUUUU.

Not only is Wargle White exclusive, but it's Black counterpart is fugly.