Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

I'm pretty they started like right after the games came out in Japan. It's pretty damn surprising that there hasn't been an article about the English versions in Nintendo Power or ONM yet.

Sure you guys know, but most of the soundtrack: http://www.youtube.c...1B5EA08F6B0BA2A

Oh darn, all of the videos are gone and the person got suspended >_>

Edit: I was able to grab the Beepless battle pinch music earlier(although the beep now gives it rhythm) so I'm all good :\

Edited by Jetronic

Oh darn, all of the videos are gone and the person got suspended >_>

Edit: I was able to grab the Beepless battle pinch music earlier(although the beep now gives it rhythm) so I'm all good :\

I could upload some music if you wish =/ I love the vs childhood friend music, vs random trainers and vs gym leader xD

Here's Team Plasma's fourth encounter in Hiun City:

Yes, there's an English Patch that acts similar to the one that was made for the HG/SS ROM

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

You're not very far into the game, PSI. I'm at the 7th gym. :P

I have to take a forced break, though. Some douche tried to steal my DS so the police are taking pictures (and prints or something, I guess. But it would be contaminated with mine...) of it. Hopefully I'll be back on track by Monday.

You're not very far into the game, PSI. I'm at the 7th gym. :P

I have to take a forced break, though. Some douche tried to steal my DS so the police are taking pictures (and prints or something, I guess. But it would be contaminated with mine...) of it. Hopefully I'll be back on track by Monday.

I'm using an emulator, so I sometimes get backtracked by going on the Internet and when I record and make a video, I have to stop the emulator to make the video a little faster to finish saving it on WMM.

And here's the third Gym Leader, Atei (Arty)

Bug Pokemon Gym Leaders suck :V

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Prolly put in spoilers for anyone who answers, but

Has anyone that has played the ROM gotten to the Ice Dragon yet? I'm really curious how that whole thing comes into play (location, level found at, when you can get it, etc)

-Blur

It's in the Great Hall, which I assume in inaccessible until you have the National Dex/have defeated the Elite Four. It's at level 75.

Does anybody know anything about the Pokemon Musicals? Like are there new ribbons and such? It seems to be one aspect of the game FUCKING NOWHERE has touched upon yet, not even Serebii.

So I beat the Elite Four last night, the ending was pretty hard as balls. I'd suggest you bring a good fighting type for the last bit, otherwise you'll be pretty ok. Just make sure your team is pretty balanced.

Details on it for those who don't care:

The Elite Four setup is Dark, Psychic, Ghost, Fighting, but don't set only according to that. You don't get to fight the Champ the first time, you fight N who has a Zekrom/Reshiram (depending on the version you chose) and a Zoroark among other things. Then you fight the leader of Team Plasma who has an illegal Sazando, 10 levels before it should have evolved. This is where the good fighting type (or Ice) type comes in, because it's Dragon/Dark. You get your version's respective Legendary right before these fights, and you can use it in them, but that Sazando is bad news even with Reshiram or Zekrom in your party.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Since we're all asking questions, has anyone heard anything about Gym Leader rematches? I assume they're not in, since I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere, but I'm still holding out hope. I love being able to fight Gym Leaders again, and it'll be especially important here, since Black and White's Gym Leaders have such tiny teams the first time around. Well, that and I always find it interesting to see which other Pokemon they fill their teams with.

I remember hearing somewhere that there are. I'll need to see if I can find out more about it. I do know of the ability to battle your rival, Belle, once a week after the E4.

Edit: Looks like you can't. Because of that they have other random trainer rematch events to make up for it.

Such as Belle, like I mentioned, but also there's a trainer house that has 2 tough trainers who will rematch you every day. You can also battle Cynthia and a Game Freak member. Lastly, Black City (Black Only) has a gauntlet of trainers you can rematch over and over.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Episodes 1 and 2 of Pokémon Best Wishes are out! wont link cause it might be prohibited XD I never liked the anime after the first 2 seasons, since its always the same xD But because Im in love with B/W Im watching this =D Its awesome! Best thing is that they used the towns BGM in it! xD Also...first episode and they already meet a legendary xD

Also...first episode and they already meet a legendary xD

Didn't they see Suicune at the start of the Johto arc? Also Ho-Oh in the very first episode xD

Oh god. I decided to check out Best Wishes out of a desire to absorb anything Pokemon-related I can get my hands on, and the fansub I found is the most hilarious thing ever. At first I thought that it was just one of those fansubs that's desperate to make anime seem HARDXORE by inserting all sorts of unnecessary swearing, but after a few minutes it just got so ridiculous that it can't have been anything but a joke. Giovanni addresses Team Rocket as "retards", Meowth claims that Team Rocket's objective is to "conquer the motherfucking world with Pokemon", and Professor Oak keeps referencing brothels for some reason. Even Ash's mom describes a thundercloud as "bigass".

Oak.jpg

What.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh god. I decided to check out Best Wishes out of a desire to absorb anything Pokemon-related I can get my hands on, and the fansub I found is the most hilarious thing ever. At first I thought that it was just one of those fansubs that's desperate to make anime seem HARDXORE by inserting all sorts of unnecessary swearing, but after a few minutes it just got so ridiculous that it can't have been anything but a joke. Giovanni addresses Team Rocket as "retards", Meowth claims that Team Rocket's objective is to "conquer the motherfucking world with Pokemon", and Professor Oak keeps referencing brothels for some reason. Even Ash's mom describes a thundercloud as "bigass".

Oak.jpg

What.

ROFL! also I think all the rivals in the series are just hateable at the start and this one is so...ugh

too bad he chose Tsutaaja (Tsutaaja is too cool to be with him) ...I must say I did enjoy seeing pikachu get owned by tsutaarja xP

A lot of people I've been talking to were trying to imply that I was incredibly shallow for being primarily concerned with the aesthetics of the Pokemon even though that's essentially what brought me into the series in the first place and the main reason I played/enjoyed Gen I and II. 'The new Pokemon aren't bad, you're older/wearing nostalgia goggles' and whatnot. I'm not sure what ratio of people agree or disagree with this, but I personally find it to be a rather irksome generalization.

I purposefully 'spoiled' all of Pokemon Black/White for myself in the hope that I would find a decent amount (or just enough) stuff to grab me and interest me enough to partake in another Pokemon adventure, because, well.. I like Pokemon.

I criticize a lot of the more recent decisions made in regards to it and it's not my favorite video game series in the world, but in the end I am a fan of it. I'm not trying to be the guy who just sits around and tries to kill the excitement for other people. I don't think I would have gone out of my way to find out new information about the new titles long before they hit the shelves in the US if I wasn't actively searching for reasons to play them.

I'm just very vocal (to a rather annoying extent, I know) in my disappointment. Black/White disappoints me because I don't find find enough Pokemon appealing to me aesthetically to prompt a purchase/playthrough of it.

Gen V has its good ones. I won't deny this. I can at least make up a team of new Pokemon that I'd be rather satisfied with by the time I get to the Elite Four, but then there's a question of how long in between each one before I have my 'dream team' and I'm not sure I care enough to play it and figure out said details before I just generally get bored of wandering around tackling the same tasks as Gen I and II but with a distinct lack of Pokemon in the wild I want to catch.

Not sure what the goal of this post was for me. I just felt like making it maybe to explain myself to some people. XP

Hey Octarine do you have a link to the dub you were talking about? I need to see this.

EDIT: NVM i found it myself

Edited by D_O_F

I managed to get a rip of the OST for Black and white....and IT Kicks ASS!!!!

Seriously I might Just get the game because of the soundtrack

My fave themes are the Team Plasma Battle Theme and the Elite Four Battle theme

More competitive thoughts here, feel free to ignore.

Blaziken has brought to my attention that the (majority of the) Dream World abilities most likely will not be released until they come out in-game - and there's the possibility that they may not come out at all. A similar thing happened last gen with Arceus' Azure Flute - the item was programmed into the 4th gen games but was never actually released.

The Dream World is just screaming for an alternate ladder, though, one that IMO would be best started with the former tiers of the 4th Gen. and eventually banning new Pokés or Pokés with new abilities that are deemed too powerful.

WHYYY MUST WE NOT HAVE SPEED BOOST BLAZIKEN OR REGENERATION HO-OH