Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

So there's no new Ribbons? That's shit ;_;

Sadly, this is the case. I just did some research, and I found out Musicals DON'T give ribbons. The only 2 ribbons obtainable in B/W that are know is the EV Ribbon and E4 ribbon. And even then, the E4 ribbon might not be in it because of a plot-point in the game.

About the E4 ribbon.

You can't get it until you beat the Champ, and you can't fight the champ until the post game, when the E4 and him all have level 70+ Pokemon. N ruins your damn E4 run in the actual story.

God I so wish you could keep that top hat on Smugleaf all the way through the game.

That would automatically make it the best Pokemon game in existence.

Pokemon White-Gym Leader #7 VS Hachiku-Team Plasma Encounter 9 and

N Summons Reshiram:

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Pokemon White-Gym Leader #7 VS Hachiku and Team Plasma Encounter 9

and N Summons Reshiram:

HURRRRRR~! PSI! I think that's a bit too much info with one sentence.

My life is ruined again! ;______;

• Thumbs Up 1

Duder, PSI. You need to leave plot points out like that last bit in your sentence. I already saw it all, but a lot of guys aren't importing or pirating the JP version.

Edited by Hero Of Fate
  • Thumbs Up 1

As much as that is a spoiler... it's also very predictable.

It happened in R/S/E, happened in D/P/Pt and it happens again in B/W.

• Thumbs Up 1

'Sup gang.

I haven't been active here because well I just got a little bored of forums, plus I was super stressed about University. But yes, I'm now procrastinating which is why I'm online~

I'm just here to say that Pokémon Black is amazing, I love nearly all the Pokémon I've seen, some are really cute, some are really weird, some are really original and some are.... yeah.

The music's great, the graphics are great, the characters are great, and bloody hell! Everything's just so immensely different I can't believe it at times.

Really can't wait for the English release. I just wish I had more time to play it. :C

PS. A surprising amount of the Japanese Pokémon names would do fine in the localisations too. For example:

- Emonga

- Shandera

- Swanna

And probably a few others. I don't see why they'd change Gear or Munna or even Musharna's names either.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

PS. A surprising amount of the Japanese Pokémon names would do fine in the localisations too. For example:

- Emonga

- Shandera

- Swanna

And probably a few others. I don't see why they'd change Gear or Munna or even Musharna's names either.

They might consider Gear a little too simple; I dunno, maybe they'll pull a Furret and call it Geer or something. The rest of those names would probably be fine, though; I feel like Shandera will probably get a change anyway, but Swanna and the Munna family have a good chance of staying the way they are. It's pretty much a guarantee that they'll leave Emonga untranslated, too, since it's kind of a tradition to leave the names of the Pikachu-alikes alone... if they were brave enough to leave Pachirisu the way it was, I doubt Emonga's name will change.

They might consider Gear a little too simple; I dunno, maybe they'll pull a Furret and call it Geer or something. The rest of those names would probably be fine, though; I feel like Shandera will probably get a change anyway, but Swanna and the Munna family have a good chance of staying the way they are. It's pretty much a guarantee that they'll leave Emonga untranslated, too, since it's kind of a tradition to leave the names of the Pikachu-alikes alone... if they were brave enough to leave Pachirisu the way it was, I doubt Emonga's name will change.

Yeah Pachirisu was very out of place as far as English names go.

I think they'll probably keep Shandera as is though, and at the very most they'll change the spelling to Chandera or something.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, some of the names do translate very well to English language already. It's kind of interesting. Hell, they could keep Yooterii's name too, or at least something similar like Yorterri.

Well, I WAS going to get the last videos done today, but the video clips got lost and now I have to go back from a spare save state I had, which was before the 5th Gym. I'll try tto hurry up, as I now know where to go from there.

Well after seeing tons of spoilers and having info updates about it, I can say that i'm ready to play Poke'mon Black and White...I'll predict that the expansion will be called "Grey"...

Yeah, some of the names do translate very well to English language already. It's kind of interesting. Hell, they could keep Yooterii's name too, or at least something similar like Yorterri.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd actually really like it if the third version pulled a Crystal on us and didn't feature the obvious third mascot (in this case the grey Dragon), instead using one of the less obvious Pokemon.

Genosect would make an awesome third mascot for a Purple version, plus there's loads of potential backstory they can pump into him Mewtwo style. That tied with the fact he's currently an unobtainable Pokemon gives more of an incentive for B/W owners to purchase the game.

Don't mind that crappy editing but I had to since we're on the topic of a 3rd version.

metalgearpokemon.png

Let's hope so! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatever his name is, ice/dragon guy, looks just awful. Like absolutely pathetic and really ugly.

Whatever his name is, ice/dragon guy, looks just awful. Like absolutely pathetic and really ugly.

If Kyurem is the third version mascot, they'll probably give it a second, less fugly form like they did with Giratina. I'm not really going to judge its appearance until I've seen the Sugimori art, though... it could just be that its sprite isn't doing it justice. Maybe.

I'm all for Professor J's suggestion of giving us something completely different as the third version's mascot, though. Genosect would definitely be cool, or maybe Kerudio? Just as long as it isn't one of the genies; ugh.

Alright, I have everything recorded.

Cheren's Seventh Battle and Elite 4 #1-Shikimi:

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!