Awoo.

Two New Sonic 4 Wii Screenshots

Detective Shadzter

Nintendo of America have added two new screenshots to their Sonic 4 Wii product page they opened last month aswell as an hi-res version of a screenshot seen a while back in Nintendo Power(the waterfall one). Online leaderboards are also confirmed for the Wii version.

TnvUH_NA3muNA54c_zVki78wwXuNB3nt.jpg

Q6TTDXRKb7fdWTNnLPPNk0p_Ea8-a-u5.jpg

sMS9ZhFtJGXA4WEbiV2YJj65UfPF4tPI.jpg

Features

• Classic Sonic gameplay with enhanced new features

• All new 2D adventure

• Full HD resolution and wide-screen format

• Special Stages return along with the 7 Chaos Emeralds

How does this game use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection?

Compete with your friends to see who’s the fastest with online leaderboards!

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/HzlsX88COYTMDJaVQYE3M9Yww89OErL5#overview

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/2-new-sonic-4-wii-screenshots-and-online-leaderboards-confirmed

• Thumbs Up 1

Sexy sexy sexy. I'm loving the look of SHZ3 and hope that other stages have differentiations between acts. They don't have to be as major as in S3K (thought it would be nice), just small scenery changes or weather/time of day.

Is it just me or is he looking up in the first one? Could be one of his idle animations though.

I think he is looking up, much like in the small screenshot of Lost Labyrinth.

Sonic-4-2.jpg

Well... they're all the same. The only difference you'll find is the graphics quality and the use of six-axis/waggle.

I don't think the main intention of the Nintendo Wifi Connection was ever to just have leaderboards, but sadly that's the direction every developer decides to take nowadays. Good screenshots though, it's great to see the game retaining it's quality on the multiplatform front. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm definitely getting that nostalgia effect just looking at these screenshots. They're looking very *ahem* pretty for the Wii.

it's funny because I can't tell which are the Wii shots and which are the 360/PS3 shots.

btw: Think this would trick Tristan :P

"Hey! i think i have a news tip, check this out: my uncle works for Sega and passed these images on to me! he knows me and my bro are huge 16-bit sonic fans and he just had to share that Sega plan to have a 'pixel-vision' mode in Sonic 4 in which the player is able to pixelate the HD graphics and play as the Sonic 3 sprite! very cool. my uncle says it's DLC. He could lose his job for this leak but i don't care! :D credit me as: 'Bad 2 Tha Badnik'."

pixelvision.jpg

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 3

Okay guys, I wasn't going to tell you this but I'm really Takashi Iizuka and I can confirm that that screenshot is real. But shhh, you didn't hear it from me.

I don't know whether of not those shots actually are from the Wii version, cause we can't actually tell right now. In fact, I'm willing to be that definition aside, there'll be no difference at all.

Edited by Blue Blood

"Hey! i think i have a news tip, check this out: my uncle works for Sega and passed these images on to me! he knows me and my bro are huge 16-bit sonic fans and he just had to share that Sega plan to have a 'pixel-vision' mode in Sonic 4 in which the player is able to pixelate the HD graphics and play as the Sonic 3 sprite! very cool. my uncle says it's DLC. He could lose his job for this leak but i don't care! :D credit me as: 'Bad 2 Tha Badnik'."

PixelVision

Mmmm Mmmm, that's some mighty sexy pixels.

But seriously, your average player won't even notice the difference between the two versions.

I think all 3 console versions will look very similar in terms of graphics, I think those 3 images are from the Wii version though since they are on Nintendo's site and one of them also featured in Nintendo Power. It would be false advertising if they weren't from the Wii version but then again Nintendo mag's do often feature screens from the HD formats early on in a multi-platform games development since the developers don't tend to release Wii media until later on.

Two of the screens are brand new so they'd have had to have been sent them by SEGA who I can't see giving new HD version screens first to Nintendo to put up on their official website.

• The title was changed to Two New Sonic 4 Wii Screenshots