Awoo.

Are we getting too picky?

DistantJ

To all the tools who are responding to Phat shock: shut up and report his posts next time.

I deleted all the responses that took up space, don't do it again.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would be alright, if not for what is essentially libel.

Libel: defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.

As far as I know, Doctor Eggman is not guilty of anything even closely resembling libel.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's guilty of making a pointless post though, which I would prefer he not do in the future thank you very much <3

The topic asked a question and I gave my answer. Not really sure whats pointless about that.

lol @ "libel". What is this, cute fluffy kittens? Throwing about legal jargon?

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Probably because you provided a pitiful one liner that doesn't do anything to contribute to the discussion at hand. You don't have to get into all about debate, but some valid reasons behind your opinions never hurt.

And if you can't be bothered, then don't post :|

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Okay: Yes. I think people are getting too picky as a quick glance at the main Sonic 4 discussion page is putting every little tidbit under a microscope until nearly every discussion dilutes into a yea and nay debate over everything but what the discussion is supposed to be about.

Case in point: this topic began asking "are we too picky?" and has since gone into picking apart everything from physics to art direction to green eyes to long legs to Eggman's name (and on and on and on). So yes, we are getting too picky as this topic has clearly illustrated.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The topic asked a question and I gave my answer. Not really sure whats pointless about that.

I agree, this thread is getting annoying now. I pretty much put my answer to. Who cares about Sonic's eye colors ect. Same way they changed Mario during the years. Just let it go already.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Okay: Yes. I think people are getting too picky as a quick glance at the main Sonic 4 discussion page is putting every little tidbit under a microscope until nearly every discussion dilutes into a yea and nay debate over everything but what the discussion is supposed to be about.

Case in point: this topic began asking "are we too picky?" and has since gone into picking apart everything from physics to art direction to green eyes to long legs to Eggman's name (and on and on and on). So yes, we are getting too picky as this topic has clearly illustrated.

I don't think you can really call it "picking it apart" when just about every component of this game is pretty weak.

I have a big vocabulary.

• Bad Quality Post 2

I don't think you can really call it "picking it apart" when just about every component of this game is pretty weak.

says one of the people picking it apart.....

I have a big vocabulary.

But you should know what your words mean before you throw them about. Again, nothing even closely resembled libel up there

Edited by MrROBOTO1988
  • Thumbs Up 2

says one of the people picking it apart.....

It's not like the whole is magically so much greater than the sum of the parts.

But you should know what your words mean before you throw them about. Again, nothing even closely resembled libel up there

He's accusing a group of people of being baselessly critical.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

He's accusing a group of people of being baselessly critical.

But that's not what libel means. It's a slander or defamation mostly with malicious intent, but he didn't accuse anyone of being baselessly critical except for answering in his first post "Yes" to the fandom being too picky. And yes, certain sections of the fanbase has become picky over these sorts of things, some dating back since Heroes. You could argue on either side being picky, but this isn't something that can be described as libel otherwise that would make the side you assume he's talking about more guilty of it if we were to go around during the Heroes-Shadow fiasco era.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Grammar/spelling/dictionary pedant coming through to confirm: it's not libel. That was misuse of the term. But arguing over a word is silly and getting rather off-topic, so can we move on please? (:

• Thumbs Up 1

Grammar/spelling/dictionary pedant coming through to confirm: it's not libel. That was misuse of the term. But arguing over a word is silly and getting rather off-topic, so can we move on please? (:

I don't see how we could be getting off topic. We are still talking about the fandom being picky even though we're discussing the misuse of a word. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Agreed in essence, but the topic is regarding Sonic 4 (hence it being in this subforum). I'd like the subject matter to at the very least remain Sonic-centric rather than an argument over semantics (;

Agreed in essence, but the topic is regarding Sonic 4 (hence it being in this subforum). I'd like the subject matter to at the very least remain Sonic-centric rather than an argument over semantics (;

I agree, but understand, when somebody throws out accusations of libel, which is something that is illegal, i think it is worthy of derailing us for a few posts.

Edited by MrROBOTO1988
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

No it's not.

When someone attacks you, it's worth reporting it. This isn't something that can be debated, so please get back on topic. We've lingered on this subject long enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree, but understand, when somebody throws out accusations of libel, which is something that is illegal, i think it is worthy of derailing us for a few posts.

Which I allowed for, but then asked that everyone get back on topic (:

Also what Jake said.

• Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps it was wrong of my to use the word libel, but what I was driving at is that it's an ad hominem argument, essentially saying "If you don't like Sonic 4 it's because you're a complainer".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Perhaps it was wrong of my to use the word libel, but what I was driving at is that it's an ad hominem argument, essentially saying "If you don't like Sonic 4 it's because you're a complainer".

I fail to see how a simple "yes" says all that.

There's more to not liking Sonic 4, so simply being a complainer isn't exactly something people actually toss out as why people think others are getting too picky. Otherwise, that statement extends to the whole fanbase. Even those who are inbetween on Modern and Classic would fall under that category if we grouped people in as complainers, so that would be a hypocritical statement to make on anyone's part if they left it as that.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't think you can be too picky with a product you're going to be paying for.

Sonic 4 is not a gift, it is something you're paying for and I dislike this notion that we should like it out of pure principal because we're on a Sonic forum and this is Sonic 4.

It's our right as consumers to be picky, and it's generally for the best of everyone if we are more critical of what we receive.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't think you can be too picky with a product you're going to be paying for.

Sonic 4 is not a gift, it is something you're paying for and I dislike this notion that we should like it out of pure principal because we're on a Sonic forum and this is Sonic 4.

It's our right as consumers to be picky, and it's generally for the best of everyone if we are more critical of what we receive.

I agree but the matter that the fans tend to "voice" their opinion about there preferences in a Sonic game is not the most mature way to go about it. Honestly if I worked for SEGA and happened to browse a forum one day and saw a comment saying "sonic 4 sux weres classic sonic?!?" or something along those lines, I wouldn't take their opinion seriously at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. A little picky on my part probably a useless wish but I really wish the game was true 2D not this mix it feels weird but I have a general liking to 2D gfx. I could care less if modern or classic or green eyes,red eyes,blue eyes. Its the 2D/3D thats bugging me out...Game look nice though but a bit rehashed are my only problems with sonic 4.

Are we getting picky? Just take a look at the Homing Attack topic...

Yeah, no.

• Thumbs Up 1