Awoo.

HMV's Cracking Sonic Egg

Badnik Mechanic

I really wasn't sure what to do with this so I'll try to keep it focused on Sonic even if it will make the topic a bit short.

I walked past my local HMV today and an advert in the window caught my eye. It said "Have a Cracking Easter" and it showed Mario and Sonic at the Winter Games and beside it, a Mario and Sonic model that I thought was some merch... It looked like a strange statue. So I went in had a look around. Couldn't find anything.

So I went back outside and had a look again, then it hit me as to what it was. It was a painted chicken egg that had some added decoration to it to make it look very much like Sonic and Mario.... Then along the bottom of the window there were several more iconic characters in egg form.

I've had a bit of a look online and a few newspapers have also picked up on this ad campaign. Mainly because it has Lady GaGa as an egg... but a couple did post some pics of Sonic.

hmvadvert.jpg

You can't buy them, they've been made exclusively for their easter advertising campaign. But if you ask me.... They've missed a bit of a trick here if they could have gotten the rights to make and sell them as I think they're awesome.

Source

Edited by Casanova

I will make them give one to me. I can be very... persuasive (:

Looks like the same easter advertisement they had going last year, except maybe the addition of Lady Gaga this time around :P.

There should have been one of Eggman...

Damn it. Somebody was bound to get there eventually, but still... I wanted it to be me! :lol:

I'll settle for "How egg-citing!!" and leave. :D

I think I saw these in an advert in the metro newspaper this morning, didn't see Sonic though, just Mario and what I assume is Lady Gaga.

. . . o.0

I swear... That Lady Gaga egg is scary. D: And they had to put her next to Sonic.

I think she's trying to be in ASR's DLC. And last time I saw that happen it wasn't pleasant for me. >.<

So your suppose to throw this at people? I mean I did throw eggs in my childhood but that was back then. That Sonic egg is something I wouldn't crack at all.

I was just in my local HMV this afternoon picking up the full series box set of Sonic Underground for just £10 (bargain!) and spotted those eggs in the various ads around the store but didn't see the Sonic one.

I didn't know you could buy them :lol:

You can't.

They're not for sale, they've just been made for the advert.

Edit: Gasp! He's using his other worldly staff powers to edit his post without leaving the edit thingy! Get him! Throw your Lady Ga-Ga eggs at him!

Edited by Casanova

You can't.

They're not for sale, they've just been made for the advert.

I just re-read it and edited my post just before you posted, I need to read things more thoroughly before I go posting :lol:

EDIT:

Get's beaten to an eggy pulp!

I saw this at my local HMV yesterday out shopping for easter eggs and Sonic merch! :D

I thought "This is the coolest egg ever. Lady GaGa is scary though. I'mma tell the SSMB!", bought a Sonic DS Lite case accidentally, thinking that my DSi would fit in it but I was wrong. Damn plastic holdey-things. P'raps I could sell it on here? Or remove the plastic things? Or just use it for my old, and dad's current, DS Lite?

Anyway back to the Eggs.

I hope I'm not the only one who thought of the comic "Sonic Eggs" when looking at the picture...

• Thumbs Up 1

They used the same mario and sonic egg pictures last year, even I coulda told you that :/

Old news, they used the exact same pictures last year at Easter.

The Lady GaGa egg is fucking amazing though.