Awoo.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions

Badnik Mechanic

Not a big fan of Goblin's interpretation. I know next to nothing about Noir, but Osborn seems to be more of a Hulk-like character than the Goblin I love.

I did enjoy last night's (technically this morning's) footage though. The combat seems to flow very well, and I really like the artstyle(s) and models. That carnival and burning building in the Noir dimension looked pretty cool as well.

I'm not sold yet, but things are looking good so far.

That video is really, REALLY cool.

Like 20 minutes long though. So if you haven't watched it, here's what I've got so far.

- Not forced to play as certain "Spidermen", aka, do what level you want when you want for the most part. So no worries about it being like Werehog.

- Hired writers from Spiderman for story. Actually fits in with Marvel cannon.

- Story itself is based around the Tablet of Chaos and Order. Which has been broken, apparently by Amazing Spiderman himself.

- Bad dudes already have tablet pieces. Norman Osborne in the Noir dimension for example, has been extremely mutated.

- Osborne fight seems to force you to hide from him at certain times in the dark, then try and sneak attack him.

- Spiderman Noir has a level where you are inside of a run down carnival. Normal, except the bad guys have set up fireworks to alter the light for brief moments, possibly blowing your cover.

- First person works like it did in God of War III apparently. Get close while a boss is dizzy, and punch and kick like a boxing game.

- Amazing Spiderman works around simply kicking the shit out of everything. Spiderman even creates weapons with his webs, like hammers and a mace, simply for combo attacks. Web slinging also looks like it works a little differently, or is easier to use.

- All the actors have voiced previous versions of their characters. Spiderman Noir's VA is Christopher Daniel Barnes. You may know him from Spiderman: The Animated Series.

Also gameplay looks amazing.

Isn't Activision doing this? This looks really good this makes no sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just noticed something about the GTTV footage. On the segment right before they reveal Osbourne, when they teased it, (after the Green Day Rockband cut-scene) the segment tag line was "Friend or Dafoe?"... If I'm thinking correctly, we might have figured out just who's gonna voice Goblin.

Okay, I'll just say who I'm talking about: Willem Dafoe. He was Norman/Goblin in the movie. Because of the sentence shown in GameTrailers TV, I believe it could be him.

Okay, I'll just say who I'm talking about: Willem Dafoe. He was Norman/Goblin in the movie. Because of the sentence shown in GameTrailers TV, I believe it could be him.

Good catch. Beenox has been putting emphasis on the voice talent they got, so I think it's possible they got Willem Dafoe for Goblin. Wonder if they got a hold of Tobey Maguire as well? I'm still hoping for Josh Keaton from the Spectacular cartoon...

Fuck you Marvel/Disney for cancelling that show.

Anyways, we got 3 out of the 13 villains to be in the game. Not sure how many levels there's suppose to be per dimension, but so far it's something like this.

Amazing

-Jungle, Boss: Kraven

-City/Warehouse, Boss: ???

Noir

-Train Yard, Boss: Hammerhead

-Carnival, Boss: Goblin

I would assume there's a boss for each level, so I'd guess 3 levels per dimension with a last boss finale at the end.

Good catch. Beenox has been putting emphasis on the voice talent they got, so I think it's possible they got Willem Dafoe for Goblin.

Honestly, I'd laugh my ass of if I was right and they weren't supposed to make an announcement on it.

As for the rest of what you said...

-Maybe, just a guess here, if Tobey is in, it could be Amazing (seems like a nice fit to me)

-I would like Keaton in the game

-Wait, they cancelled it? Assholes.

-I would hope that there's more than 3 per dimension, honestly. If not, it'd be like sending $50 down the pisser.

Edited by Mr. Blonde

I wouldn't mind the guy who voiced Parker in Web Of Shadows to return. No idea what his name was but I rather liked him.

*wonders what the Wii version will be like (if it exists)*

^Dude I hate to crush you but that actor sucked. Now if you said the actor from Spectacular spidey (whats his name again?) I'd be like HELL YEAH!

Looking at those bits of gameplay, I am impressed. Let's hope the game is good. Also the guy who played Spidey in Web of Shadows...yeah let's not use him. That was a terrible voice. *cringe*

-Maybe, just a guess here, if Tobey is in, it could be Amazing (seems like a nice fit to me)

In the launch trailer you can hear Amazing talking for a second. It sounded to me like it could be Neil Patrick Harris, I'm not entirely sure on that. Either way, it definitly wasn't Tobey.

*wonders what the Wii version will be like (if it exists)*

Yes, there is a Wii version and hopefully it will end up like the Wii version of Web of Shadows. As in, not a crappy dumbed down port. Seriously, I think as a Wii game WOS gets overlooked. How often is it the Wii version of a game is the same as the 360/PS3 version? Especially when there IS a dumbed-down port on the PS2 and PSP?

Also the guy who played Spidey in Web of Shadows...yeah let's not use him. That was a terrible voice. *cringe*

I liked him. :(

When I was last on my "evil" run through of the game I especially enjoyed the banter between him and Black Cat, even to the point where I thought that it was better than the "good" equivalent (with the moon guy?).

Yes, there is a Wii version and hopefully it will end up like the Wii version of Web of Shadows. As in, not a crappy dumbed down port. Seriously, I think as a Wii game WOS gets overlooked. How often is it the Wii version of a game is the same as the 360/PS3 version? Especially when there IS a dumbed-down port on the PS2 and PSP?

The only downside to WoS Wii is I do get the odd "freeze" mid-game which forces me to reset. The GOOD thing is the game autosaves and allows you to spam save so much that it isn't much of an issue; I suspect that it's most likely the gameplay engine not being truly optimised and the Wii struggling here and there (it does "judder" a bit from time to time but nothing major). I had a similar issue on Spider-Man 2 where saves kept getting corrupted, thought the latter was FAR more annoying.

It's quite interesting for me to learn more about Spider-Man predominantly through the games and movies rather than the comics and TV shows (which probably means I'm depraved somehow). I was never honestly a fan but I do enjoy the whole free-roaming, web-swinging and being the hero and beating up bad guys thing; something I wish we could do more with Sonic somehow.

I'm REALLY digging the looks of the Noir levels. Definately keeping this game under the radar. As far as Spiderman games go, I haven't really picked one up since Ultimate Spiderman came out in '05, so hopefully this will be the next one.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/spectacular-sizzling-spider-man-shattered/100292

Just a youtube version of some of the footage (some, not all) for anyone who doesn't want to deal with Gametrailers' Mountain Dew ad crap.

After seeing again, it definitely looks like they took some ques from God of War with the combat. I remember hearing them reference GoW when I watched Friday night, but I didn't remember it being this similar. Of course, that was at 1 am...

EDIT: GT put up a different version.

Edited by SykoTech

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post, but...

spidy1.jpg

spidy2.jpg

spidy3.jpg

spidy4.jpg

Daaaymn! It looks like Spawn and Spidey's bastard son to me. I'm wondering how this one plays.

• Thumbs Up 1

New Trailer, featuring 2099.

Looks like Hobgoblin is the one of the villains here.

Edited by SykoTech

New IGN Preview.

It confirms that Spidey 2009 will be voiced by none other than Dan Gilvezan, the actor who portrayed Spidey in the 80's Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends cartoon.

New IGN Preview.

It confirms that Spidey 2009 will be voiced by none other than Dan Gilvezan, the actor who portrayed Spidey in the 80's Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends cartoon.

Sweet! Nice to see Dan under the mask again (I loved that show). Though, was it revealed who was Amazing yet, or will we wait with the fourth dimension to find out?

Sweet! Nice to see Dan under the mask again (I loved that show). Though, was it revealed who was Amazing yet, or will we wait with the fourth dimension to find out?

Nothing about Amazing's voice yet. I'm guessing they're keeping it under wraps until every dimension is revealed.

Nothing about Amazing's voice yet. I'm guessing they're keeping it under wraps until every dimension is revealed.

I'm guessing it's gonna be big, then.

that's what she said *shot*

This is awesome. Its like a Spider-man fan's dream come true in terms of gameplay.

This looks amazing. At first I was on the fence; normal Spider-Man looked like a stripped-down version of what we already seen, but with slightly unimpressive graphics, while Spider-Man Noir looks like a Batman: Arkham Asylum rip-off.

But after seeing Spidey 2099, I'm impressed. The graphics are insane, and the air-born combat looks like its from Web of Shadows 360.

I hope it lives up to the PS1 classics. It looks really fun and versatile, and I hope all 4 dimensions are equally polished and fun to play.

Now... what is that final dimension, and how will it play? I dunno what it'll be, but I'm guessing the gameplay style will be web-based platforming. That's just my guess, I'm probably wrong....lol