Awoo.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions

Badnik Mechanic

Guest Miles Per Hour

No free roam? I'm not buying this, free roam is what made the Spider-man games so great to me.

No free roam? I'm not buying this, free roam is what made the Spider-man games so great to me.

Meh, that was fun for a while but it started to get old. They haven't really done anything new with the series since Spiderman 2 and they just depended on the "Oh wow I'm swinging through New York" factor in every game since then. 90% of the missions were boring so maybe having smaller, more focused level design will work wonders in this case. I'm willing to give it a chance.

The game looks pretty cool so far. I hope it is really good. I'll miss you free roam T_T

Meh, that was fun for a while but it started to get old. They haven't really done anything new with the series since Spiderman 2 and they just depended on the "Oh wow I'm swinging through New York" factor in every game since then. 90% of the missions were boring so maybe having smaller, more focused level design will work wonders in this case. I'm willing to give it a chance.

Exactly. They wouldn't even bother to give us more area to play in for that matter. Hell, it seemed like the game world actually got smaller in Spiderman 3 when the series made the leap to more powerful consoles and it wasn't even as a trade for impressive graphics.

Not to mention dimensions like Noir really wouldn't work as well in an open world as much as I'd like to see what a free roam Noir could be like.

^Dude I hate to crush you but that actor sucked. Now if you said the actor from Spectacular spidey (whats his name again?) I'd be like HELL YEAH!

Well the person who voiced Spidey in Spectactular Spiderman was called Josh Keaton and he will be voicing Spidey in the Ultimate universe so you will be very happy to play this universe. I am looking forward to playing the Ultimate series, I wonder if it will be better than the main game that was released a few years back?

Good stuff. Also, according to NeoGAF, John Dimaggio will be Hammerhead. Dimaggio played him in The Spectacular Spider-Man for reference.

Man, I really hope this game delivers. The concept sounds quite fun, and the voice talent is seriously beginning to rival Arkham Asylum. I can't say I'm expecting the game to be as good as Batman: AA, but here's hoping for a quality experience regardless.

SPIDER-HAM?! Lol, I remember reading those comics. Man, were they wacky... I wonder how he's going to fit into this game?

Wish some Wii videos or photos would be posted. Since my 360 died, and I refuse to get a new one, if I buy this at all, it'll be on the Wii, and I want to see how it fairs.

I wonder why Ultimate Spidey is wearing the symbiote? Regardless, this will be one epic snarkfest. There will be many quote worthy lines from Spectacular/Ultimate and Amazing alone. By the way, if you guys are excited about seeing Deadpool, I will remind you that he is in the Ultimate Universe. Ultimate Universe Deadpool is not typical Deadpool. He will not break the fourth wall if the writers decide to keep him the same.

Wish some Wii videos or photos would be posted. Since my 360 died, and I refuse to get a new one, if I buy this at all, it'll be on the Wii, and I want to see how it fairs.

My new issue of Nintendo Power has some Wii screens and it looks pretty okay. It doesn't look as good graphically as the HD version but that's to be expected.

Wait wat. I must have misread that. Did that say Spider-Ham? As in, this Spider-Ham?

Peter_Porker,_The_Spectacular_Spider-Ham_Vol_1_11.jpg

When Peter, a spider, is bitten by radioactive May Porker, he finds himself transformed into a pig, but with his old spider abilities intact. Hilarity ensues as the Spectacular Spider-Ham does battle with his arch-foe, Ducktor Doom. Porker won't have to fight this battle alone, as Goose Rider and Captain Americat make cameo appearances and lend a hand. Minor characters include Hulk Bunny and other animal themed spoofs.

"This is astounding! Am I a spider with the limitations of a pig? Or a pig with the proportionate strength and agility of a spider? I've become something greater than either spider or pig... I've become a Spider-Ham!"

Best Spider-Man game ever confirmed?

Also Ultimate Deadpool and the Juggernaut bitch are total awesomesauce, yeah. And the rest of the game looks awesometastic as well. Do want!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, that explains why Peter has the symbiote on, but it brings up another question. Is Ultimate Spidey weaker than the other ones? I mean he is the youngest of the four(Ultimate Spidey is still a sophmore in highschool). Another thing, Madam Web was not in the Ultimate Universe. Just saying.

Okay, that explains why Peter has the symbiote on, but it brings up another question. Is Ultimate Spidey weaker than the other ones?

I wouldn't think by much. I mean, I'm not sure exactly how Peter became Spider-Man in Ultimate, but if it was like Spectacular getting bitten, unless it was a different spider I'm not sure how they would really be different outside of fighting style.

Another short cutscene, this time starring Spidey 2099.

Okay, that explains why Peter has the symbiote on, but it brings up another question. Is Ultimate Spidey weaker than the other ones? I mean he is the youngest of the four(Ultimate Spidey is still a sophmore in highschool). Another thing, Madam Web was not in the Ultimate Universe. Just saying.

Madam Web said that the reason Ultimate Peter needed the symbiote is that it holds abilities and powers he'll need to complete his mission and save the multiverse. I'm guessing Ultimate Spidey is going to encounter especially difficult trials. Also, it's implied that the Madam Web that Ultimate Spidey spoke to was the one that Amazing Spidey encountered in the intro. I'm guessing this is Ultimate Spidey's first encounter with any version of Madam Web.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

A Biologically enhanced spider. So yes, he was the same as Spectacular, but I wouldn't compare Ultimate and Spectacular since Spectacular Spider-man was Ridiculous Spider-man. He did things that an older Peter Parker still has trouble accomplishing. There was never an episode that made you think Parker was in trouble since he handled all of his villains within the span of that episode. He beat the Sinister 6 twice, went toe to toe with Venom twice and won, handled Molten Man, thrashed Sandman multiple times, and came out on top in a 4-way consisting of Tombstone, Doc Ock, Silvermane. Lets just say Spectacular lived up to his moniker and was pretty much was the closest thing the series had to Superman.

Edited by turbojet

Actually there is an Ultimate Madame Web. If memory serves she first appeared in issue 102 of Ultimate Spiderman. If not I know she was somewhere in the Ultimate telling of the Clone Saga.

Actually there is an Ultimate Madame Web. If memory serves she first appeared in issue 102 of Ultimate Spiderman. If not I know she was somewhere in the Ultimate telling of the Clone Saga.

No wonder I missed it. Clone Saga had so much happening at once, something as major as Madam Web would be insignificant.

A Biologically enhanced spider. So yes, he was the same as Spectacular, but I wouldn't compare Ultimate and Spectacular since Spectacular Spider-man was Ridiculous Spider-man. He did things that an older Peter Parker still has trouble accomplishing. There was never an episode that made you think Parker was in trouble since he handled all of his villains within the span of that episode. He beat the Sinister 6 twice, went toe to toe with Venom twice and won, handled Molten Man, thrashed Sandman multiple times, and came out on top in a 4-way consisting of Tombstone, Doc Ock, Silvermane. Lets just say Spectacular lived up to his moniker and was pretty much was the closest thing the series had to Superman.

Well, the main reason Spidey overcame those odds is because he's smart (and sometimes lucky). Not like he punched them all out. He could take a pretty good beating though, particularly in the second Venom encounter.

Nice to see Mysterio in the game. Guess he could be the final villain since he was after the Tablet. I kinda doubt it though.

I sure hope Doc Ock makes the cut.

Okay, Stan Lee narrating again is awesome, and the fact that the game is level-based rather than free-roaming really makes it sound like this game is going back to its PS1 routes. Which to me ain't a bad thing at all.

The only thing that worries me is how there's supposedly only 13 levels, and every single one is based around a single boss. That sounds almost too linear to me. Still, I'm happy with the dimensions chosen, and I'm eager to see how everything plays out :D

...on a side-note, I'm betting the Ultimate universe plays similarly to Venom's gameplay in the Ultimate Spider-Man game. I'm just sayin' :P