Awoo.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions

Badnik Mechanic

All four gameplay styles.

Amazing looks like he came straight out of the Web of Shadows with the webzipping he is doing.

Noir plays like Arkham Asylum.

2099 looks awesome.

Ultimate looks like the game based on the comics.

@Skyotech, as smart as Peter is, Spectacular Spider-man is based on his early superhero days. To see him that adept at fighting supervillains so early is quite astonishing. I'm not saying that I didn't like it. It was vastly entertaining to watch him handle foes.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wish some Wii videos or photos would be posted. Since my 360 died, and I refuse to get a new one, if I buy this at all, it'll be on the Wii, and I want to see how it fairs.

Haha, same happened to me, when the 360 packed in and I had no DVD player no way of playing half of my games etc. for weeks, I just decided to get rid of the thing when it came back. A year or so down the line I have a PS3 now, and it's soooo much better (in my opinion!!!).

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh...Ultimate Deadpool is acting a lot different than he's portrayed in the comics. Which is odd, cause Ultimate Deadpool is different from the one most know and love. Ah, well.

After watching that vid, I'd say I'm looking forward to 2099 the most. I'm not crazy for the universe, but the combat looks most fluid and exciting there. And the free fall bits are sure the have some "holy crud" moments.

Looking forward to Noir the least. It looks solid, but a bit too easy. And I doubt it will be all that satisfying after playing Arkham Asylum.

I'm really excited for this game. I mean the gameplay looks really good so far, and I'm liking the combat style in the 2099 universe. However, I'm really excited to try out the Noir universe. I really enjoyed the artistic style of the comic as well as the story. I'm really want to see how they're going to transcribe it into a video game format.

So I just heard that Spider-Man is voiced by that Percy Jackson kid in this game. Did not see that coming.

So I just heard that Spider-Man is voiced by that Percy Jackson kid in this game. Did not see that coming.

Amazing Spidey - Neil Patrick Harris (New Animated Series Spidey)

Noir Spidey - Christopher Daniel Barnes (90's Animated Series Spidey)

Spidey 2099 - Dan Gilvezan (Amazing Friends Spidey)

Ulimate Spidey - Josh Keaton (Spectacular Spidey)

And no, there is no singular Spider-man in this game.

Huh...Ultimate Deadpool is acting a lot different than he's portrayed in the comics. Which is odd, cause Ultimate Deadpool is different from the one most know and love. Ah, well.

I know what you mean. He's not exactly much of a wise-cracker or a psycho. He looks a little more egotistical but more collected.

I still like him tho. He still somewhat crazy. ^_^

Then again...I've not seen much of U.Deadpool in the comics, so...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Must've missed that gameplay demo up there. As good as this game looks, I can't help but feel that they didn't have a lot to showcase to differentiate combat between the dimensions. Seems like Noir will be the most separate, because the stealth will force you to play differently.

The rest sadly to say, looks like varying degrees of hack and slash, with like two or three moves that sets each universe apart.

• 3 weeks later...

That looked great!

Seriously that intro was one of the best intros to a Super Hero game I've seen, they got spidys character down perfectly. The game play looks quite cool too, I definately like the look of Noir over the others, lol even if it is just Batman.

This might have to be my first Spiderman game for a long long time. Very suprised by how good this one looks.

Oh man, that was awesome. It looks almost like a sequel to the PS1 classics... probably because of the gameplay, art-style, and kickass Stan Lee narration. Which was awesome.

But it was kinda brief.... I'm guessing they cut some stuff out to keep it short and sweet, perhaps? Still, I'm pretty excited for the game, it looks much better than I thought it would.

BTW, did I say this game looks awesome?

Edited by EXshad

First review in, from GameInformer.

I'm surprised. Sure, that vid turbojet posted was comedy gold (watched half of it). But the gameplay looked a little shaky to me. I was expecting 7s at the most to be honest.

Wonder if it's a fluke or Shattered Dimensions is a truly great game. Well, the game comes out tomorrow. I guess what the other critics think will be revealed soon enough.

Edited by SykoTech

Great score! I can't wait to play this one for myself.

(It's just too bad I'll have to wait until Christmas. *grumble*)

IGN Review.

Sounds good. Not Batman AA good, but definitely like a good time. I love Sandman, so it's great to hear that he has an awesome level.

I was planning on sweeping this game under the rug for later, but it's sounding too good for a big Spidey fan like me to just pass up. Just what I needing, another game to buy...

Okay, now we must have a contest of the snarkiest Spider-man in existance. I am sticking with ultimate because he just doesn't shut up.

Edited by turbojet