Awoo.

Sonic Riders D?

\Lennox

Think Initial D. What if they implemented the hardware/gameplay into a multiplayer arcade version of Sonic Riders?

What would you do if they were to implement it? Laugh? Cry? Object violently?

Well, here's what I'd think SEGA would do. First, they'd hire a techno group (like m.o.v.e. or capsule) and collaborate with TRF to create an awesome soundtrack, create stages with sharper curves and drop the gravity system. The sharper you curve, the faster you go! The same applies for loops and corkscrews found within the game as well.

There'd also be a character creator online and when you bring your card to the machine, you can upload it and play as your fanchar! The sad part is, there'd be an abundance of recolors. Tricks would also rely a bit on the power gained from drifting, and it's also encouraged to do so whenever approaching a corner of the stage.

Also, there'd be longer stages and online play in the console versions. And more of a story where your fanchar is integrated! And how about a vehicle modifier? Well, unless you want to create your own vehicle that's part of character production. You could also form teams that relay for each other whenever a single lap is finished.

So discussion, START UP!

I don't know... It sounds well overexaggerated.

It would take so many years for that game to even be ready to be showcased. Too much time, work, and money would be needed for such. And I would think that Sega's main focus on the racing genre is SaSASR. The Sonic Riders series has been ok for the most part.

I don't want another series of blisters on my hands. >.<

A Riders game should have some kind of online functionality, and it'd be one of the only things you need to make it a good game (as long as you stand by the Riders 1 mechanics anyway). Riders was a nicely-built competitive game for the most part but it gets incredibly underwhelming unless you have non-AI people to race against.

Character creator is completely unnecessary, the only real customization the game needs is a selection of Extreme Gear and costume changes. Full custom characters would be better suited for a game that's more or less built around them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know... It sounds well overexaggerated.

It would take so many years for that game to even be ready to be showcased. Too much time, work, and money would be needed for such. And I would think that Sega's main focus on the racing genre is SaSASR. The Sonic Riders series has been ok for the most part.

I don't want another series of blisters on my hands. >.<

Yeah, that'd be pretty sad if that were to happen. We don't want a Sonic Forever to ever happen in the franchise.

Especially since Sonic 06 was released. That just made Sega FAIL horribly.

If Sonic Riders had a drift element, I would probably enjoy it more than I do ASR (which I love to pieces).

Never really enjoyed Sonic Riders. It was a good concept but Sega All Stars Racing, hell even Sonic Drift to me were better. Riding on skateboards never got my attention sadly. :(

Instead of Sonic Riders D (which, in your case, stands for drift), Why not Sonic Riders: Legends? I mean, Imagine tuning and pimping your air gear out before hitting the tracks. how about incorporating fake brand names (or real ones if SEGA can afford). If you going to put a major racing game online, why not put the fun of tuning and checking dyno for your sweet ride?

Edited by Novelty

Instead of Sonic Riders D (which, in your case, stands for drift), Why not Sonic Riders: Legends? I mean, Imagine tuning and pimping your air gear out before hitting the tracks. how about incorporating fake brand names (or real ones if SEGA can afford). If you going to put a major racing game online, why not put the fun of tuning and checking dyno for your sweet ride?

Well yeah, it'd be much better to see SOAP go all out on Sonic Riders UNTITLED SEQUEL, unless the fandom's fine with Showerstreak Grinding Shoes. And Gears should be modified. As said, ABUNDANCE OF RECOLORS.

On the title, whaddya think of Sonic Riders//DOGFIGHT?

Wait... It DOES have a Drift element already! It's how you get round corners in the first game!

Or am I missing something here?

You know what they should do; Sonic and Sega All-Stars Riders. Riders, with SASR characters, tracks, etc. You thought Ryo on his forklift was awesome? Try Ryo on a HOVER-lift. Aaaawwww yeah.

On a slightly more serious note, one thing that Riders needed to do was not have so many vehicles, especially if they weren't gonna bother balancing them. About 10 or 15, maybe 20 if you wanna count the staple gears, i.e Cover/Advantage S/F/P.

Edited by Black Spy

Wait... It DOES have a Drift element already! It's how you get round corners in the first game!

Or am I missing something here?

We're trying to think of a game that emphasizes that element. You haven't heard of Initial D, have you? Its a Sega Rosso game adapted from the manga about drifting. What if Sega creates a Spiritual Successor to it in the first place?

We're trying to think of a game that emphasizes that element. You haven't heard of Initial D, have you? Its a Sega Rosso game adapted from the manga about drifting. What if Sega creates a Spiritual Successor to it in the first place?

Well if that's the case, see the 'Sonic and Sega Allstars Riders' thing I posted above.

Why? That was the single most awful part of Sonic Riders; surely putting emphasis on it would only make the game worse?

Sonic Riders is a game about speed; boosting, ramps, rails and QTEs all make this prominent, and mix together to create a truly great game. Adding more drift into the mix would not only detract from this speed, but also detract from the quality; Sonic Riders should be left as-is, and the formula should never be altered - I'm sure we all remember how awful the sequel was, no?