Awoo.

JET GRIND RADIOOOOOO!!

Eternal EX

Okay so like Gametrailers said, this game was way to badass for its time. Reason you ask? Well let me tell you a few:

1. It was like the 1st cell shaded game

2. ORIGINAL. like who esle thought of a group of kids skating around (rocket skates let me remind you) and tag like almost any thing from cars to apartments.

3. It was back when sega was king!

Anyways so I was on GT and saw that episode of screw attack. At the end was the best thing ever! Talk about pwning a wii....

So basically just discuss about this legendary game. BTW it was my 2nd favorite game on the dreamcast next to SA2.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• Viku

• Phos

• Erazor

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't made by Game Trailers.

http://www.screwattack.com

I've always loved games that, rather than try to replicate or stylize reality, they simply defy it. Jet Grind Radio looks much more like what the developers imagined than any game that tries to look realistic.

One of my favourite Dreamcast games, very fun and quite easy to learn straight off the bat. It also really showed off what the console was capable of, and back in the day really made me wonder why the Dreamcast was getting so many shoddy PSX ports that don't use 1/4th of its power when it was capable of stuff like that.

Great soundtrack too, even if I had the somewhat americanised version; everything still fit fine to create an enjoyable experience, and it just flowed as the video said. :P

I love Jet Grind Radio. It's my favorite DC game next to Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, and SA2. The graphics were so ahead of their time, the music is awesome, and the gameplay is addicting as hell. My favorite characters are Beat, Yo-Yo, Mew (known as Rhyth in the European and Japanese versions and in JSRF), and Cube. I wish they would have remade JGR for the Gamecube since GC had lots of great remakes of DC games (and no, JSRF is not a remake in case you're going to say "They remade it for Xbox"). The way I got into the JSR games was when I played Sega Superstar Tennis, I saw Beat and I thought "Who's this guy?" since I hadn't played much DC games at that time, but once I started using him, I knew I needed to try the JSR games, and I was addicted ever since.

I love the original. Haven't played the sequel. It it was good, they should make another.

Actually, I hear they are making a JGR for the Wii. HOORAY!

I'm happy that SEGA is using the wii for revive old franchises.

samba de Amigo, Nights, now Jet Grind Radio. Oh, think of the possibilities...

*imagines a new Shenmue for wii*

ohhhhhh...*drools*

Edited by Viku

I love the original. Haven't played the sequel. It it was good, they should make another.

Hopefully microsoft will port it to the originals because I really wanna play the sequel. BE SMART MICROSOFT.

It's weird what must sound "right" for different countries. I'm in the UK, and due to there being no copyright issues over here, we got the original title of Jet Set Radio.

It was a pretty awesome game. Very upbeat, and pretty damn challenging. The main difficulty came from keeping your speed up throughout the whole level. If you screwed up and slowed down it was pretty hard to get it back together.

Good game though... when I bought a 2nd-hand Dreamcast a few years back this was definately the one I got most into.

It's weird what must sound "right" for different countries. I'm in the UK, and due to there being no copyright issues over here, we got the original title of Jet Set Radio.

It was a pretty awesome game. Very upbeat, and pretty damn challenging. The main difficulty came from keeping your speed up throughout the whole level. If you screwed up and slowed down it was pretty hard to get it back together.

Good game though... when I bought a 2nd-hand Dreamcast a few years back this was definately the one I got most into.

At my country (Chile, South America) it was also called Jet Set Radio. I just thought I was calling the name wrong since everyone was saying it with the "grind2 on it (I actually didn't even kenw it had diferent names)

It was just in the US that it got the name change, as "Jet Set Radio" was already copyrighted. Same deal with how the first few Star Fox games in the UK were renamed "Star Wing" and "Lylatwars" because the name Star Fox was copyrighted. Happens sometimes, alas.

If I recall reading my factoids correctly though, I believe despite the game's name change, the radio station within the game was still called "Jet Set Radio".

It was just in the US that it got the name change, as "Jet Set Radio" was already copyrighted. Same deal with how the first few Star Fox games in the UK were renamed "Star Wing" and "Lylatwars" because the name Star Fox was copyrighted. Happens sometimes, alas.

If I recall reading my factoids correctly though, I believe despite the game's name change, the radio station within the game was still called "Jet Set Radio".

Its true, besides that opening where Proff. K goes "JET GRIND RADEEEEEIIIIIOOOOOOO!!!!!" the original "Jet Set Radio" is the only thing in the game. Kinda weird, but ah well, kick ass game anyway.

I remember playing Jet Grind Radio on the Dreamcast, and it's sequel Jet Set Radio Future on the original Xbox. Fun game all around, and the soundtrack was pretty good too.

Actually, I hear they are making a JGR for the Wii. HOORAY!

If that turns out to be true, I'd be really happy!

JGR is my second favorite game on DC and JSRF is #1 for me on Xbox.

Catchy tunes, stylish graphics, and awesome gameplay. The JSR games really are legendary.

I've always wanted to play JSRF for xbox. Never really got around to renting or buying it. Was it better than the original?

In my eyes it was. No time limits, much bigger levels, better controls, multiplayer, huge character roster etc. Overall superior. I found my copy in the JSRF/Sega GT bundle pack at Gamestop for 99 cents.

Edited by Erazor

In my eyes it was. No time limits, much bigger levels, better controls, multiplayer, huge character roster etc. Overall superior. I found my copy in the JSRF/Sega GT bundle pack at Gamestop for 99 cents.

Lucky! I cant seem to find a copy. (not counting EBAY)

Man, I bought it new, for full price. Sega GT as well, both pretty much when they came out.

Man, I bought it new, for full price. Sega GT as well, both pretty much when they came out.

Consider yourself lucky. Finding the non-bundle version is as hard as jumping the grand canyon on the back of a gorilla.

JGR is my second favorite game on DC and JSRF is #1 for me on Xbox.

Catchy tunes, stylish graphics, and awesome gameplay. The JSR games really are legendary.

Glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks JSRF is the best game on old Xbox. I like Halo as well, but it's too overrated! I like the underrated old Xbox games more: JSRF, Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Conker: Live and Reloaded, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, etc.

I remember playing Jet Grind Radio on the Dreamcast, and it's sequel Jet Set Radio Future on the original Xbox. Fun game all around, and the soundtrack was pretty good too.

I absolutely love the soundtracks to both games. I bought both soundtracks off eBay years ago and their among my top favorite video game soundtracks.