Awoo.

Sonic Xpensive

SKSpawn

Check this out:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=sonic+x+saga+region+1&x=0&y=0

I've been thinking about getting the boxsets of Sonic X in Region One format, but right when I go to do it they're suddenly really, really[/] expensive! Anyone know any reason as to why?

And, additionally, a general opportunity to bitch about the high prices of imported Sonic goods to the UK!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -Mark-

• SKSpawn

• Flyboy Fox

• eXtaticus

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reason why you want R1 when you're in the UK?

Maybe because the only Sonic X DVDs we got here were absolutely godawful, with boxart that made them look seriously like bootlegs and only two episodes per disc for £4.99.

That, and we only ever got four volumes, meaning the first eight episodes. That's it. D:

Interestingly, I just checked- despite the fact that the whole series used to be there, I can't seem to find Sonic X on iTunes anymore. Wonder if it's been taken down?

It's this very price-rise that has forced me to turn to illegal downloads...

Oh well; they're only dubs, right?

Mahzes is right, the Region One DVDs are a better boxset deal than the Region Two ones, not that it really matters to why I'm asking why they're so expensive, to be honest.

Just seems the UK gets the bad end of the deal, like our Toys R Us stores don't store those Sonic action figures that Yanks get, we've only recently gotten the three inch ones and the bigger Black Knight figure, and everything decent has to be imported. Doesn't help that it's stupidly expensive either.

The DVDs are expensive because they, along with 4Kids' other DVD properties, are out of print due to a falling-out between 4Kids and their DVD distributor.

It's ironic, because up until recently, most of the 4Kids Sonic X boxsets were dirt cheap, and the cheapest way of buying the series by far.