Awoo.

characters and teams for a possible Sonic Heroes 2...?

DaN

Sonic Heroes 2 seems pretty possible this time around. Who would you like to see in this new co-op game? would you like a team of 2 or 3 characters, or more? would you like to use them together or only 1 of them while the others are controlled by CPU (just like Marvel Ultimate Alliance)?

would you like them to have power ups to obtain during the stages like the prequel or upgradable abilties just like an RPG?

personally I'd like to have these characters, no matter in which circumnstances:

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Silver,Blaze, Amy,Espio,Metal Sonic

tell us your opinion

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

I think Marine the Raccoon, The Biolizard and Ke$ha would make a good team in Sonic Heroes 2.

Together they cover a wide range of personalities and fighting techniques that make the perfect combination of characters that not even Dr. Eggman will be able to stand up against!

They should do a fairy squad consisting of Chip, Omochao, and the Tikal orb. Think about how awesome that would be.

Also, pair Metal Sonic and Omega. I want to see the two talk or fight or something. They could either have chemistry or huge fights.

TEAM EGG:

Metal Sonic - speed

Fang the Sniper - flight (via jetpack)

Eggman - power (via power suit)

IT CAN WORK.

TEAM EGG:

Metal Sonic - speed

Fang the Sniper - flight (via jetpack)

Eggman - power (via power suit)

IT CAN WORK.

Actually, that sounds like a very plausible team to me. It'd be like the Villain's Side story from Sonic Adventure 2!

Bean the Dynamite

Bark the Polar Bear

Mighty the Armadillo

...THE TEAM THAT TIME SEGA FORGOT!!!

:P

See, I actually had it organized like this...

TEAM ??? (Aura?)

Blaze - speed

Silver - flight (he can levitate for a while)

Mighty - power (I thought maybe he should have earth-based powers, to add to the elemental abilities of the rest of the team)

TEAM DYNAMITE

Bean - speed (team's namesake)

Ray - flight (flying squirrel, folks)

Bark - power

TEAM BABYLON (terrible idea, yes, but for creativity's sake...)

Jet - speed

Wave - flight (using tech-gear of hers)

Storm - power

But that's just a few of my ideas... they seem to work well, although I kind of wanted to group Mighty and Ray together, both of them being in SEGASonic Arcade, the issue at hand is that Bean and Bark are a bit of a duo as is Blaze and Silver, so you gotta separate someone without making a new character somehow.

EDIT: Team Blasts!

??? - Tri-attack? Silver freezes everyone with his telekinesis, while Blaze and Mighty make a rock-fire tornado to finish them off...

DYNAMITE - Bean and Ray throw bombs and TNT everywhere while Bark digs a shelter for the group, and pulls them into safety before the area blows up

BABYLON - They all get on their extreme gear and... uh... make a tornado that destroys everything...?

EGG - All 3 get into a giant Egg Robo and blow stuff up. Works for me! ;D

Edited by Indigo Dude

Team Metal

E-102 Gamma(a mix of power and flight)

E-123 Omega(Power)

Gemerl (Speed)

The robots what turned they back on there creator haha XD

Only thing is, that Omega is already a part of Team Dark, and Gamma is technically dead.

If we want a mixture of Badnik rejects, they'd have to revive Gamma somehow, do something with Gemerl, and we'd have to find a third robot.

The thing with this idea is that most of the characters just aren't around anymore, and we really don't need all these teams... I think a 2-3 additional extra is okay.

For the sake of brainstorming...

TEAM ???

Shade - speed (lol idk)

Tikal - flight (uses magic power thing...?)

Chaos - power

Yeah... there needs to be more thought process for these.

Under the assumption that teams would be set up the same as in the first Heroes (i.e. preset 3 man teams of Speed, Flight, and Power):

Team Sonic and Team Chaotix stay as they are. The former are a given, the latter deserve more screen time.

Add another team of revived characters:

Speed: Fang

Flight: Bean

Power: Bark

Team Blast: Bark grabs the other two and spins around, as Fang and Bean unload their weaponry in every direction. For the aftereffect...maybe all attacks one-hit-KO enemies until the meter runs out?

-Bark as a power type is obvious. Bean, while to my knowledge he's never been shown to be able to fly, is still a duck. Bean and Bark have such little established character that I could see them being transitioned into small-time criminals (I believe the Archie comics have already done something of the sort?), and their one appearance is also one of Fang's few appearances, so it's plausible for the three to team up (maybe the team name can even reference Fighters in some way). Perhaps they could be set up as antagonists to Team Chaotix; small-time villains matched with small-time heroes, as sort of a B-side to the main plot.

It's at this point that things get a little squiffy. I have to deal with the characters from Teams Rose and Dark, and possibly work in a few others. The easiest solution is to keep teams Rose and Dark as they are, and introduce another new team:

Speed: Marine

Flight: Silver

Power: Blaze

Team Blast: Hm...maybe have Silver telekinese Blaze's fire and Marine's water together to make a steam explosion? Or something...

-Yeah, Blaze isn't normally considered a "power" character, but she's certainly a better fit for the role than Marine. Plus it fits the elements associated with the powers; Blaze and power types are both associated with fire, Silver (he has some sort of stunning psycho-shock thing, doesn't he) and flight characters match with electricity, and Marine and speed...uh...well, water (if that is her power) and wind are both represented by blue, right? Or, uh, something about storms (wait, they have lighting too...)?

It works, but it doesn't quite sit right with me; the original teams are completely unchanged, I don't like having Blaze and Silver having any sort of story connection, and I don't like Cream. At all. One option is to leave the above team as-is (and bury my objections to Silver and Blaze working together), and change the other two to:

S: Amy

F: Rouge

P: Big

-Big remains the (oblivious) big purple pimp. Besides, Rouge is barely even "dark" anymore.

S: Shadow

F: Metal

P: Omega

Team Blast: Can work the same as Team Dark's, but with Metal subbing in for Rouge (or maybe as a second Chaos Control user)

-There's a host of potential interactions between these three

If we're willing to dissolve the Blaze-Silver-Marine team, there could be combinations such as:

P: Blaze

-The all female team, though this sort of thing always seems to feel like knee-jerk "we're not sexist, we swear! Look, we have a team of all girls!". Amy and Blaze could potentially be switched.

F: Silver

P: Metal

Team Blast: Triple Chaos Control (Metal did use it in Heroes...). Destroys enemies with the raw power of distorted spacetime. Has the same time-stop aftereffect as Team Dark's did.

-The fake hedgehog team. Could also work with Metal and Shadow switched...or maybe with Silver and Metal switched, with Silver using his PK to hover and to throw his teammates...

Or:

Team Blast: Maybe have Silver hold enemies in place, then have Amy and Blaze both use top-spin sort of attacks (Amy with her hammer, Blaze with fire) to destroy them

-'06's Team Silver; again, Amy and Blaze could be switched. Silver and Blaze together still bugs me, tho'

P: Omega

-Team Dark as usual

Or:

S: Marine

-Another all girl team

P: Amy

-The backup hedgehog trio

Or to go back a bit:

S: Marine

-(still bugs me)

F: Metal

P: Amy

-Yet another 3 hedgehog set, I'd kind of like to see what sort of interactions this team would have.

Really, I dunno which combination to go with. I think maybe I'm partial to the original idea original two ideas, as they're the only ones that keeps Omega, Marine and Big.

Edit: Oh, hey, Team Blasts, how'd I forget those. Went back and added a few.

Edited by Diogenes

How about... TEAM OVA! :D

Speed - Sara

Fly - Old Man Owl

Power - The President

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's a sucky team. But it's full of potential comedy value and will undoubtedly appeal to both genders, because Sara is your typical anime girl (especially if she's in that wedding dress Robotnik gave her) and Old Man Owl, as we all know, used to be quite the hit with the ladies.

• Thumbs Up 4

After a long thinking that's my opinion.

The game should have just one long story; you start as Sonic, Tails,Knuckles and Amy.

You can choose 3 chars at time, just like Sonic Heroes, but you can create various team as far as story goes. The gameplay is similiar to Heroes with more variety and more specific characteristic for each char, as well as upgrades and points for getting new abilities for each char.

The stages should be done 80% for a team play, the 20% left could be used for a solo forced path. Some extra stages could be for a specific team.

Speed chars

Sonic

Shadow

Espio

Blaze

Metal Sonic

Power Chars

Knuckles

Amy

Omega

Vector

Mighty

Flying chars

Tails

Rouge

SIlver

Ray

Cream

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

^ I like the idea of forming your own team - maybe they could put a bit of ShtH layout to the stage progression and have stages you visit when you have a certain character in your party? So if you choose Shadow in the speed slot you travel through the ARK for whatever reason, or Knuckles on power gets you to Angel Island for a level. Or would that totally screw the plot. Well the order of things shouldn't matter, as long as they end up in the same place. I'm kinda against the S-F-P formula though, I think it breaks the game down into sections too simple to enjoy. I'd prefer a true tag-team situation where characters are good for more than one or two things. Levels would be more dynamic. Maybe there could be some kind of exhaustion gimmick where you need to switch to a fresh character more frequently, or offer reward to go between characters. S-F-P was in Riders too if you remember. Grind here, fly here, punch this. Look for color codes. Wehhh.

Squee! A silly speculative anticipation topic!

Well, I'd like to see the original four teams from the original Sonic Heroes (Team Sonic, Team Dark, Team Rose, Team Chaotix), as well as the one introduced in Sonic Riders (Team Babylon). Perhaps a sixth one comprised of "new to the Sonic Team canon, but old to everyone else" could work, a-la the Chaotix's debut in the first title.

[Good Guys]

Team Sega Sonic (Mighty, Ray, ???) - Mighty was the fastest character in Chaotix, and Ray is a flying squirrel! Brilliant! I don't know who the Power role could go to, though.

Team Fighters (Bean, Honey, Bark) - Bean appears to be pretty agile, Honey has wings (which may or may not be part of her costume... a spunky winged catgirl is awesome, nonetheless), and Bark is obviously a power type.

[bad Guys]

Team Sky Patrol (Fockewolf, Carrotia, Bearenger) - Witchcart's crew make their re-debut! They look like they could be the source of many nonsensical shenanigans.

Team Kukku (Speedy, Dr. Fukurokov, Great Battle Kukku 15th) - This would be totally freakin' awesome. This group of steel-fisted autocratic bird antagonists just exude style, with their old-school tactics of attempted world dictatorship. They'd be a pretty cool foil to Eggman, Captain Whisker, and the Babylon Rogues while at the same time introduce some much needed Russian-influenced characters.

Team Combi (Bomb, ???, Heavy) - The Chaotix ensemble would be complete with these two clunkering robots! Admittedly, they'd still maintain their role as useless junk characters.

Team Metal (Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles) - Although Metal Sonic's already canon, it would certainly be cool to see his Sonic R comrades Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles make an appearance. The curse of Tails Doll will be here to scar the minds and wet the pants of a brand new generation of gamers!

Rogue Rival (Fang) - Okay, so doesn't Fang doesn't get a team. Perhaps he gets story role as a recurring rival instead, like his debut game of Sonic & Tails 2.

Of course, there's also some possibilities for some current-generation teams.

[Good Guys]

Team Adventure (Tikal, ???, Chaos) - You can't deny the coolness factor of another playable appearance from everyone's favourite liquid life form! Tag-teaming with the lightweight Tikal would be neat, but I'm not sure who would fulfil the role of the third member.

Team Rush (Blaze, Marine, Norman) - A pretty purple pyrokinetic princess pettanko, an adventurous little babbling raccoon girl, and a absent-minded bulky polar bear Viking could make an interesting trio. Marine can't fly, but she did display some odd superpower for a split second near the end of her debut game. Perhaps she can steal one of Whisker's steampacks.

Team Knights (Percival, Lancelot, Gawain) - lol pointless. Lancelot can use his ye olde Air Shoes to fly, I guess.

Solo Saviours (Sonicman, Silver, Commander) - Not sure where to put these guys.

[bad Guys]

Team Whisker (Johnny, Mini & Mum, Whisker) - The antagonists to Team Rush and 2/3 of Team Sonic, the crazy band of pirates from Rush Adventure would be nice to see again with playable roles. After witnessing their awesome tag-team combat abilities in the Pirates Island boss fight, I certainly wanted to play as them.

Team Ghost (Ghost Girl, Neckerchief Ghost, Bowtie Ghost) - The three ghosts from Night of the Werehog, two of which who were also seen in Sonic World Adventure. Ghosty missions would be fun.

Out of all of these I'd like to see the Kukkus the most. But something tells me we'd just end up getting the four teams from the original Heroes. Perhaps something incorporating Silver or Blaze, but that's about it. Unless there's unlockables or DLC...

EDIT: Of course there's always the possibility of the ability to form your own teams, and deviates from the Speed/Flight/Power formula. Which might make character integration a bit easier.

Edited by HunterTSF

I'd hope that they did away with formations, but here's what I want...

Keep it all the same as in Sonic Heroes, but sometimes the teams get split up or team members get switched up with people from other teams (example: Sonic and Knuckles have to work with Rouge. Espio and Charmy try to work with Omega, Ect. )

Possibly throw in other characters too. I'd like to see the original Team dark, Shadow, Rouge, and Eggman, together again. I'm doubting that a story that calls for them would be necessary, but Silver and Blaze would be cool ( as non story having unlockables )....

Hawhaw..., hey. How about team Monster? Mephiles for speed, Black Doom for flight, and Chaos for power?

Robotnik needs to spend more time driving THIS:

Fighters_lastboss.png

Conveniently character-sized and oh-so-pinchy, this Fighters vehicle would be a cool way to have Robotnik in a Team without requiring him to stop for a rest and a pie every four steps. OBESITY LOL.

Anyway... Given that the Speed / Power / Flight characters were entirely interchangable through Heroes 1 (i.e. Rouge had the exact same skill set as Amy, Tails, and Charmy), Heroes 2 should either shake things up a bit by varying the characters' moves, OR, failing that, exploit the interchangability by having the teams' compositions change throughout the game. Imagine a situation like Team Sonic fighting one of Eggman's ubiquitous mechs underground somewhere, but at the end of the battle the machine's explosion incapacitates Knux (sending him plummeting down a grease-sided pit, or... something). So then Sonic, Tails, and EGGMAN have to team up to escape the crumbling underground cave system.

Anywho; variable or not, my nomination is:

TEAM LASER EXPLOSION!!

Flight: Dr. Robotnik (in standard hovering Egg-O-Matic, potentially with the claw for carrying the rest of his team. Includes LASERS)

Speed: Metal Sonic (duh)

Power: Bean the Dynamite

"Origin story": What convoluted story reasoning could we contrive for this motley assortment of characters, then? Perchance something along the lines of Metal and the Doctor (after being booted off the Egg Carrier V) crash-land in the middle of the abandoned dynamite factory where ol' Bean happens to make his home. Efforts to get out of the place on their own prove futile since the place is horribly unstable and corridors blow up at the drop of a hat; so when Bean turns up, the Doctor cuts him a deal: help the villains escape, and Robotnik will lead him to Espio, that bastard chameleon who Bean still bears a grudge against after he got walloped in Sonic the Fighters.

Thus begins an epic tale of robotic menace, moustachio-d evil, and giant explosions!!1

I think Marine the Raccoon, The Biolizard and Ke$ha would make a good team in Sonic Heroes 2.

Together they cover a wide range of personalities and fighting techniques that make the perfect combination of characters that not even Dr. Eggman will be able to stand up against!

I love you.

I was thinking, maybe the game could be, ya know, Team Sonic-only? XP

I don't have a real team to anticipate. My dream team is quite easy though:

Speed: Blaze

Flight: Silver

Power: Sonia

Team Blast: Psychic Tornado

Sonia enters her Super Twirl mode and Blaze goes into her Axel Spin mode. Silver uses his PK to grab both of team and spin/toss/move then around to damage all enemies in a certain radius.

The rationale behind this is Blaze is already classed as Speed, and Silver as Flight. Sonia has always demonstrated capable fighting ability and exceptional strength compared to other character. Power type fits her to a T.

As far as story, this would require Sonia to be introduced into the game stories, but there's at least a hundred ways to introduce the character and keep her same personality traits/character gimmicks. I've always re-envisioned her as a traveling musician, who just happens to be related to Sonic. No singing and searches for Mom necessary, but it does explains why she has a transforming keyboard rifle.

No need for making things confusing either. Silver's from the future, Blaze is from her world, Sonia is from the present. They all have a common enemy, Eggman Nega, who could be the real enemy as he often is.

Of course, canon fags and purists rage, but it's irrelevant. They haven't seemed to grasp the concept of doing things for fun. =P

I doubt that it will be a true sequel, but if there is, I think it's safe to say that SEGA wouldn't dare use older characters, I think that SEGA would probably use characters like Silver, and Blaze. Blaze would be a speed type and Silver would be a flying type (sounds like I'm talking about POKe'MON now...) but who would be a fitting power type for them? I mean we can already guarantee that the alleged Sonic Heroes 2, WILL have them in it. SEGA will find a way to put them in...

I also think that it would be cool to see the Babylon Rogues outside a racing game. Or SEGA could look to the community and choose to use the trio of power rings when they did a heroes parody (that would never happen, but hey, the forums are meant for fun right?)

I doubt that it will be a true sequel, but if there is, I think it's safe to say that SEGA wouldn't dare use older characters

Why? They dared to use old characters in Sonic Heroes; Metal Sonic and the Chaotix.

To me Sonic Heroes was perfect, so I wouldn't really change much besides giving characters more varied abilities...I'd also probably get rid of the SPEED, POWER, FLIGHT aspect in lieu of having just each character do their own thing, or maybe keep the 3 types but add additional types relevant to the characters.

I'd like to see a return of all the teams plus the addition of a few more, keep the story simple, add some more old school characters due for a return Cough*NACK/FANG*Cough, keep the levels fun and vibrant and surreal, and have cool upbeat music.

My own thoughts for Sonic Heroes 2 was that it would be cool to have a Sonic Villains as Sonic Heroes 2, having you play the majority of teams as generally badguy characters.

My Team ideas:

Team Sonic-Sonic, Mighty, Ray. Ok hear me out, the team is somewhat altered, but that is due to the idea for a story that I have....Mighty, being a pacifist would have the ability to creat a team shield that lasts only so long, for tougher parts of the game. Perhaps later on in the story Sonic reverts back to having Tails and Knuckles, and if he does then there should definitely be a Team Super at the end.

~The story..Sonic is running and speeds past a giant screen TV in the middle of a bustling city that a huge crowd has gathered around, he screeches back as something's caught his eye. It's two old aquaintences, Mighty and Ray, two adventurers Sonic hasn't seen since he parted ways with them after fleeing...whatever the name of that tower was in SEGAsonicArcade. As revealed on TV Mighty and Ray have stumbled across an old ruins on their travels and have uncovered an old tablet that supposedly has the power to summon the 7 Chaos emeralds if you can utter the translated word written upon it. Sonic smiles, but then his mood changes as he rushes off realising what this means. Meanwhile at the site of the discovery, still talking to reporters, Mighty and Ray are suddenly attacked by Eggman - Sonic fends off the attack just in time, and all get away safely. Sonic is now in charge of the trio getting the artifact somewhere safe from Eggman.

Team Mercenary-Nack, Bean and Bark. Bark would be POWER of course, bean would be demolitions....so maybe a POWER type too...only Bark you would use his power against enemies (wrestling, fighting etc) and Bean you would use his abilities to clear large groups of enemies and destructable obstacles and enviroments. Nack whilst travelling would be a combination of FLIGHT and SPEED in his airbike - the Marvelous Queen, but whilst out of it, you could use his guns and sniper abilities to take out long distance enemies and maybe....solves puzzles or switch buttons or something.

~The story..Cue Nack, he's sneaking about the darkened level of Manic Museum - in Station Square. Having broken inside Nack is after priceless paintings to steal and sell on the black market. Unfortunately Nack is too late as he spots Rouge the bat make off with the painting he's here to steal, and not only that but she's set off the security alarms as well! Amatuer! Nack makes a get away on his Marvelous Queen while police are hot in pursuit. His high speed chase takes an unexpected turn however when he crashes into Bean and Bark. The duo have their own police problems, but Bark's wrestling skills and Beans explosive personality deal with it. Going against everything Nack believes in, he helps both escape on his airbike. Later, back in Nack's hideout deep within Casino Night Zone, the group catch the latest news on TV - apparently there's a new treasure to be aquired. Nack leans against a wall pondering to himself, he could use these two to his advantage. The oddball team set out to make this artifact their own, if that means stealing it from Sonic or Eggman.

Team Babylon-Jet, Wave, Storm. The abilities are self explainatory, just play Riders. Not wishing to elaborate, but they basically want this new treasure for themselves to aquire the chaos emeralds to use to aquire more treasure. The rogues would still use their airboards, therefore their levels would be vastly different from everyone elses, with lots of grinding and launches.

Team Possessed- Rouge the bat, and two ghost sidekicks. Rouge the bat is in Manic Museum looking to do some thieving, she spots Nack, damn what is that guy doing here she mutters to herself. Whilst she is distracted a whispy figure arise from some ancient display in the museum. BANG. Rouge is hit and has some trippy surreal vision. Afterwards she is in the possession of King Boom Boo, who give her two ghostly shadows and sets her off on his bidding...whatever that may be. During the time Rouge is possessed she wears her gothic outfit from SA2B.

Team Metal-Metal Sonic, Metal Knuckles, Tails Doll. Having been scorned and cast aside after his attempted usurping of Eggmans throne, Metal Sonic has spent his entire time searching for something. Having learnt he was replaced by newer model Metal Sonic's only furthers his resolve. Finally whilst searching the scrap heaps Eggman left in Regal Ruin zone Metal stumbles across Metal Knuckles...after many hours Metal is finally able to reboot Metal Knux up. The two vow revenge on Eggman, just as they're leaving a mysterious figure appears wanting to join them. Tails Doll....but what is his true purpose.

Just my random ramblings on an idea I had.

I Soooo hope that this is something they are planning, a Sonic Heroes 2 has been the game I've been waiting for ever since Sonic Heroes 1!

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Even though I can't stand the modern Vector design (that top heavy stubby arm having freak) the Chaotix probably has a lot of comedy potential, like the stuff between Robotnik and SA-55 in Unleashed cutscenes. As long as they ditch the cheesy Heroes dialogue. But they might be hard to develop a play style for.

Can't touch the dynamic of Team Sonic. It works perfectly.

TEAM SONIC: Sonic the Hedgehog, Miles "Tails" Prower and Knuckles the Echidna.

Let's bring in some new faces and a new team, though, for the sequel. And yes, he's wildly unpopular and the time travel storyline was smashed by many, but how about...?

TEAM FUTURE: Silver the Hedgehog, *somebody who can fly* and Blaze the Cat.

I love the idea of a metal-based, or indeed enemy-based, team. My dream for this to be carried forward would be...

TEAM EGG: Metal Sonic, BuzzBomber and Dr. Eggman.

And, because he seems to have to be in everything nowadays...

TEAM DARK: Shadow the Hedgehog, Rouge the Bat and E-123 Omega.

No more Amy Rose. No more Big the Cat. No more Team Chaotix: as much as I love Espio the Chamelion and Charmy Bee (the less said about Vector, the better), their section of gameplay was by far the worst, with all those seek-and-locate objectives rather than what makes Sonic games cool (running really fast towards a goal ring). Hopefully, Silver's telekinetic gameplay will be fixed somewhat, building on the healthy start he was given in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), and who doesn't want to play as a BuzzBomber?!

If I had to choose 4 teams, in the order of speed, flight, and power:

Team Sonic:

Sonic

Tails

Mighty

Team Robo:

Metal Sonic

G-Emerl (Via his built-in jet pack)

Omega

Team Dark:

Shadow

Rouge

Knuckles (Could produce some funny in-game dialogue with Rouge)

Team Rose:

Blaze

Cream

Amy (Would be a power character this time, making use of her hammer)

One could easily come up with reasons as to why certain characters get paired up.

Edited by Icecoldfrieza

When you get down to it being realistic, why the hell would SEGA put Gmerl in a 3-D game? He was a one off character that MIGHT be connected to another one off character from a possibly non-cannon game.

And then Blaze would just make the whole thing confusing.

Just give me Team Sonic and Team Dark. That's all. Team Sonic for obvious reasons, and Team Dark for harder levels.