Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

marvel-vs-capcom-3-logo.jpg

All 12 characters leaked

New characters are:

From Marvel: Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Nova and Rocket Racoon

From Capcom: Firebrand, Frank West, Nemesis (yes, THAT Nemesis), Phoenix Wright, Strider Hiryu and Virgil.

In November 2011, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 will see the light of day, featuring 12 new characters, all new stages and balance tweaks, (among them the ability to X-factor in the air!) and all DLC content released so far for MvC3.

Edited by killemoff
  • Thumbs Up 1

...Hoping this is true, if so I will fangasm and join the interwebs in creating crackpot theories of all the playable characters. 2 had 56 characters, it's feasible if there was a third they could have over a hundred. >3>

And due to my horror obsession I would love to see more Resident Evil representation (which due to the series being a LOT more popular than it was when MvC2 came out is very likely) and then some others I'll list if this is indeed true... *crosses fingers*

IT'S MAHVEL BABY

GONNA TAKE YA FER A RIDE~

Actually, I wonder if they would stick to the theme of having locations based off not particular franchise like the last game or have the stages more so based off the different series?

Kinda disappointed, as I was hoping Capcom would be shipping with Namco or SEGA this time. Although I don't think the interview is an indication of MvC3, since I remember Capcom saying they couldn't do those anymore for some reason. It could just be another 2D Capcom Vs game with 3 character teams.

Am also hoping it's gonna be on Wii. Phoenix Wright would feel a bit odd on any other console. Yeah I still want him to be in TvC as dlc :/

Saw this yesterday and sorta brushed it off, but now that I've actually read the article it seems to be coming from a very reliable source. Excellent.

I would start campaigning for Deadpool's inclusion, but because of his immense popularity, I think that would be a given.

Wonder how there going to pull this off engine-wise...

I'd be shocked if deadpool wasn't in.

Should be interesting to see what kind of roster we get, I imagine it'll be drastically different from MVC2

Probably a similar engine to TvC's, if they're planing to have at least as many fighters as MvC2 drawing up all of them as 2D HD sprites would be way too time consuming and costly.

Kinda disappointed, as I was hoping Capcom would be shipping with Namco or SEGA this time. Although I don't think the interview is an indication of MvC3, since I remember Capcom saying they couldn't do those anymore for some reason. It could just be another 2D Capcom Vs game with 3 character teams.

I agree, I thought the reason Capcom couldn't continue the Marvel vs. games or even re-release MvC2 until now was because of the exponential increase or the Marvel licenses since the success of the movies(well most of them). And since they're now owned by Disney I wouldn't be surprised if third parties have to pay through the tooth just to get a single character, let alone 30 or more.

Disney loves videogames.

And the fighting game licenses for the characters are apparently seperate to their regular ones (ie. why we had Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects)

EA for the record, no longer holds the fighting game license

I'll be happy if Megaman is playable instead of Zero like in Capcom vs SNK SVC chaos. The case said MEgaman is in >_>

I've never really played Marvel vs Capcom 2 but I've played Tatsunoko vs Capcom and enjoyed it, so I'll keep an eye on this.

I'd rather see SEGA vs Capcom, but beggars can't be choosers :P

Just hoping whatever it is, it is on Wii. Otherwise that rules out my interest straight away.

ooooh, very exciting if it's true. Although I am skeptical what with Disney owning Marvel now, but stranger things have happened. I'm just hoping they don't throw mickey mouse and donald duck into the mix

I bet it will be based on Super IV rather than TvC, and I'm guessing it won't be nearly as insane as MvC 2 was character-wise. New 3D models for everyone* would take quite a while to do for a game that is still, quite frankly, pretty niche.

*Except Morrigan.

Edited by Tornado

I bet it will be based on Super IV rather than TvC, and I'm guessing it won't be nearly as insane as MvC 2 was character wise. New 3D models for everyone* would take quite a while to do for a game that is still, quite frankly, pretty niche.

I actually think that it may actually be even larger.

Putting aside all the new Capcom characters that have been made since then. Marvels character roster has exploded thanks to different universes. To name but two which could boom the roster without much effort. Marvel Apes and Marvel Zombies.

Edited by Casanova

*Except Morrigan.

Lol. Would be pretty funny if, however they handled MvC 3, Morrigan looked considerably worse than the rest.

I hope the roster is different. I wish I could say that I'm excited, but I fuckin sucked at MvC2. I always used Mega Man, Spider-Man and Wolverine.

So I wouldn't mind a smaller roster... doubt that's going to happen though.

Phoenix or bust. You failed me, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Also it'll be nice to see classic Mega in another crossover title again.

Personally I don't like how they are planing another Marvel Vs Capcom game. If they could just talk to SEGA to try a SEGA Vs Capcom game that will really turn alot more heads than another sequel. But hey that just my opinion :P .

Ah the days of arcades, such a shame they are disappearing.

MVC3 however is a nice surprise, wish it came sooner. But hey VS fans are patient!

There are so many things that the new VS team can pull off.

Curious if we might hear remixes of character themes ^^; hey you never know

Am also hoping it's gonna be on Wii. Phoenix Wright would feel a bit odd on any other console. Yeah I still want him to be in TvC as dlc :/

NO! NO Wii!!! The Wii is horrible with fighting games. I do enjoy TvC every so often but the Wii's lack of a good online makes online matches too laggy and sometimes unplayable, so I said fuck the online and I stick to local matches from now on. From experience from playing MvC2 and other online fighters for the ps3/360, it would be worth putting a possible MvC3 on the Ps3 or 360, not the Wii. If it's for all 3 then whatever, but if it's another Wii-only fighter ima be pissed! Lol.

Edited by Lunar