Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

the mvc2 ports outsold TvC as well, afaik.

He's so pringles

Of course, that guy's comments could just mean they sold well for their platforms, for all we know the MvC2 ports sold a lot less than TvC.

If MvC3 comes to fruition I'd like characters from Capcom's 'new' franchises to be represented. I would want Dante to make an appearance to be specific. I've been waiting for his fighting game debut since Soul Calibur 3.

If MvC3 comes to fruition I'd like characters from Capcom's 'new' franchises to be represented. I would want Dante to make an appearance to be specific. I've been waiting for his fighting game debut since Soul Calibur 3.

Isn't Dante property of Platinum Games just like Bayonetta? Thus why they didn't use him for any Capcom vs/cross-over series. Yea, I know that Capcom published the games, but the games were developed by Platinum Games.

I was hoping a Monster Hunter would be included in TvC and his/her name was simply... "Monster Hunter" XD Maybe in a new versus series.

I'm actually looking forward to a whole new versus series with a new company, such as SEGA or SquareEnix or Namco (I know about NamcoXCapcom, but that wasn't a fighter), shit even Nintendo

Edited by Lunar

Isn't Dante property of Platinum Games just like Bayonetta? Thus why they didn't use him for any Capcom vs/cross-over series. Yea, I know that Capcom published the games, but the games were developed by Platinum Games.
Nope, Seeds/Clover/Platium/Hideki Kamiya own nothing of DMC any more, the franchise and characters are capcoms.

I'd hope a current gen MvC would have a vastly different roster form both sides. :3

Dante actually does appear as a character card in SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighter DS, and cameos in other games like SMT: Noctourne, Viewtiful Joe, and in one of the endings of Capcom Fighting Evolution.

I definitely can't wait for this if this is true. I also would to see most of the MvC2 veterans returning like Jill Valentine, Sakura, B.B. Hood, Akuma, Guile, etc. Though for possible newcomers I would like to see Frank West again, Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Whesker, Nemesis, Deadpool, Dante, and Phoenix Wright.

Hopefully, it'll be multiplatform this time around and that it is sold in retail and not in DLC.

Nope, Seeds/Clover/Platium/Hideki Kamiya own nothing of DMC any more, the franchise and characters are capcoms.

I'd hope a current gen MvC would have a vastly different roster form both sides. :3

huh.... I wonder why Capcom has never included him in any cross-over series/versus series other than the one's posted earlier. I knew he was in SMT: Nocturne and the SNK game, but they need to actually use him in a fighter.

oh he got dat mango sentinel

... i won't say it.

I WON'T!

Dammit.

Where his curly moustache at!?

Also, Capcom needs to bring their own caracters up to snuff so people play more than just the Marvel ones. :|

Edited by killemoff

Marvel guy showing up at the location of capcom's Big Event

mvc3 is a go bros

FUCK THE KNICKS, FUCK THE KNICKS, FUCK THE KNICKS

Confirming the rumors posted the other day, Planetxbox360 reported that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was shown at Capcom's Captivate event in Hawaii.

There's an embargo on the details, so you won't be seeing screen shots, movies and other things until early next week, but here's the notes they were able to get together.

• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.

• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.

• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.

• The game will run in 1080p resolution.

• It will be a disc-based release.

• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.

• The game will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.

source: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/17/all-official-marvel-vs-capcom-3-works/

Actually, Chooch posted the link on the status update, but since it wasn'T posted here, I thought I would, because I wanted to say something about it...

but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

This interests me. I want to know what something between them 2 games is..

Also, I'm excited about them saying they'll blow fans out of the water with them amount of characters in the game. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

This interests me. I want to know what something between them 2 games is.

Probably runs off the Street Fighter IV engine. Probably reuses 3D models.

Also, I'm excited about them saying they'll blow fans out of the water with them amount of characters in the game. :D

Indeed. They must have been working on this for quite a while already.

Edited by Tornado

Awesome. Pretty surprised that they are apparently planning to "blow people out of the water" with the character count. That's a lot of models to make.

*reads a lot of websites*

Well it's certainly got my attention. I wonder how hard it's going to be, both in terms of beating the standard characters and unlocking all the stuff (including trophies) if it's anything like SF4 then this could be a bit of a challenge. But hey! Take you for a ride!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

There are no words to describe how happy I am that this is a real thing now.

I too love the MvC series, the battle is more extreme and I like extreme battle systems like this, simmilar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Street Fighter 4 is good, but it doesn't give that "extreme battle" feeling that Marvel vs. Capcom does.

...Wow, they very quickly did what I wanted and mentioned a few pages back and added a Resident Evil character. There may be more but I think Capcom is realizing Resident Evil is big for it to be the surprise character in the trailer.