Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Considering Classic's tendency to not appear in spin-offs outside MvC, I'd rather they didn't put forth a replacement in the one non-MM series that Classic appears in.

I hope they try to represent each of the main Megaman series in the game. Maybe:

-Protoman/Bass/Roll for the classic series,

-Metal Sonic/Shadow/Silver Vile/Zero/Axl for the X series,

-MM Volnutt/Tronne Bonne/Servbot for Legends,

-some .EXE characters for .EXE series(can't think of any, never played them),

-Omega/Phantom/Vent-Aile or Ashe-Grey for the Zero/ZX series,

-and some characters from Star Force(once again, never played these games).

Dante is in it (I think; fuck Nero) and that's all that I needed to know. Thanks for not sucking Capcom! :)

Going to save up my cash now so I can get this on the first day. ^_^

Edited by Light

Really hope that's not Mephisto, but given the cape it probably is.=/

But screw that, Deadpool's pretty much confirmed! Maybe VJ too.

As for MegaMan, I'd love to see his Legends self as those are the only MM games I really liked. Classic MM is fine too. Don't really know or care about the others.

I REALLY hope Rogue returns. She's my favorite in MvC 2. And since the roster might be tamer, give her the move steal ability from Street Fighter vs. X-Men. :D

OMG OMG OMG OMG, my favorite fighting series is finally getting a 3rd game. I really dont know what else to say except I better see Mega man X and Zero in this game or I might be a lil pissed.

Epic. I'm definetly more amped for this than SuperSF4, I've loved the fast paced battling of the MVC series. Hopefully Jin is a little quicker this time around. 8[

HOPTIC BLAZT

Should have posted here sooner. Sucks joining in a page five :(

Anyways, This might just be the driving reason to hurry my ass up and buy a PS3 (Well, I was gonna get one anyways, but this says to hurry up.). I wanna kick ass as Magneto just to shout "FUCK THE NICKS!"

As long as this game has these people in it, I'm good

-Deadpool

-Magneto (I already said why)

-Megaman X (or classic)

-Dante

-Cable (Maybe a little less cheap this time)

-Bishop

-Frank West

I would say Spidey, but come on, considering Marvel, it's just about guaranteed.

Wee, I'm late to the party!

Anyway, this is pretty much guaranteed to be an amazing game. I know I'll greatly enjoy...watching it.*owns only a Wii*

As time goes on, I am really regretting not owning a 360 or PS3. So I really think that whenever the next generation of consoles comes out, if Nintendo doesn't put out something that's as powerful as the competition, that Nintendo console will have to wait, as I'll likely be getting a PlayStation first that hopefully is backwards compatible.

Though I know that's probably a lie, because I'll probably just get pulled in by Nintendo's new first-party games. :P

...Also, to all the ZX haters, don't worry, we probably won't ever see that series ever again. :(

As time goes on, I am really regretting not owning a 360 or PS3. So I really think that whenever the next generation of consoles comes out, if Nintendo doesn't put out something that's as powerful as the competition, that Nintendo console will have to wait, as I'll likely be getting a PlayStation first that hopefully is backwards compatible.

Though I know that's probably a lie, because I'll probably just get pulled in by Nintendo's new first-party games. :P

Why not just get a 360 or PS3 anyway? They're not that expensive anymore, and owning multiple consoles is fucking awesome!

...Also, to all the ZX haters, don't worry, we probably won't ever see that series ever again. :(

T_T It's true, the sad thing is it's the best "new" thing to come out of the series in fucking years... (Making a 9th/10th Classic game exactly the same as the first 6 doesn't count)

Yeah, but classic Megaman is iconic. It would sort of be like having this Spiderman

lrg_ironspidey_001.jpg

instead of good old classic Spidey. At least X and Legends Megaman share a fairly close resemblance to classic Megaman.

Edited by speedfreak

I personally hope it's classic Megaman with the same moves as the Megaman in MvC2. Although, I think it's time we see Megaman X in a fighting game now that we already seen Megaman.Exe and both iterations of Zero.

Wait, Mega Man.EXE was in a fighting game? When? How?

In all honesty I think we have a higher chance of seeing that pansy from Star Force or one of the awful ZX characters. They're the "new" series. :\

I thought Classic Mega Man would be the most likely one because he's appeared in all of the Marvel Vs Capcom games.

Yeah, but classic Megaman is iconic. It would sort of be like having this Spiderman

instead of good old classic Spidey. At least X and Legends Megaman share a fairly close resemblance to classic Megaman.

ZX MegaMan pretty closely resembles X tbh. Besides, we all know that "wide representation" is just as important as "iconic representation" when it comes to games like this. If all the characters are old ones, that would just be... weak.

We've got Frank but that's not good enough for me xD

Wait, Mega Man.EXE was in a fighting game? When? How?

A crappy Onimusha fighting game, doesn't count.

Why not just get a 360 or PS3 anyway? They're not that expensive anymore, and owning multiple consoles is fucking awesome!

Among other reasons, I don't even have enough time to play all my Wii games.

T_T It's true, the sad thing is it's the best "new" thing to come out of the series in fucking years... (Making a 9th/10th Classic game exactly the same as the first 6 doesn't count)

I remember way back hearing that there would be a ZX3 if it sold 100,000...in Japan. That didn't happen, though it sold more than that in America, but I heard back then that Capcom only cared about sales in Japan.

Though this could be all false for all I know, but still, it ended with a sequel hook....now I partially know how Legends fans feel. But either way I hope they do something with the franchise other than more 8-bit games.

-----------------------

EDIT:

ZX MegaMan pretty closely resembles X tbh. Besides, we all know that "wide representation" is just as important as "iconic representation" when it comes to games like this. If all the characters are old ones, that would just be... weak.

Agreed, but besides, they could use Model X as it looks more like a "regular" MegaMan

modelx.png?t=1271799593

Though I would hope if a ZX character appeared in a Vs. title that it would take advantage of model switching.

Edited by Ekaje

A crappy Onimusha fighting game, doesn't count.

After looking at some videos, it looks like the unholy bastard child of Super Smash Brothers, Soul Calibur and Power Stone at the same time. How did I not know about this? Even the Mega Man Knowledge Base- an incredibly detailed and fleshed-out Wiki- didn't have anything on this game.

Anyway, it's more than likely going to be Classic or Legends Mega Man, which is fine by me. I wouldn't expect EXE, Starforce or other Mega Men who almost exclusively made their appearances on Nintendo consoles since this is such a major release.

After looking at some videos, it looks like the unholy bastard child of Super Smash Brothers, Soul Calibur and Power Stone at the same time. How did I not know about this? Even the Mega Man Knowledge Base- an incredibly detailed and fleshed-out Wiki- didn't have anything on this game.

Anyway, it's more than likely going to be Classic or Legends Mega Man, which is fine by me. I wouldn't expect EXE, Starforce or other Mega Men who almost exclusively made their appearances on Nintendo consoles since this is such a major release.

And EXE and Zero really stick out in the relatively realistic environments.

But momentary FAN RAEG aside classic Mega Man is the most likely choice, with Legends up there. Though it'd be nice to see X, as he hasn't appeared in a fighter, not even one that's an "unholy bastard child" :P .

Edited by Ekaje

mvsc_poster_ryu_fix-1000_01.jpg

Capcom says that these are in-game shots, not just renders.

If so, I'm a bit mixed. They look great graphically and I like the model, but I'm not of fan of how dark the ink style is. Maybe it's just the lighting?

Hopefully it's not that dark in-game. Can't really imagine them fighting in a broad-daylight stage and still being that dark...

Edited by SykoTech

Nooo.... Jill... Jill Jill! or Claire!

Claire/Chris/Leon team would be badass!

I have no problem with that model. Looks awesome!

Haters can suck it, ZX is the shit. If Ashe turns up in this game as a playable character, I will fangasm. I will also fangasm if Dan is in this game. It would be a crime against humanity if he is not.

Also, Deadpool, and possibly Dante and Frank West? HELL YEAH.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Haters can suck it, ZX is the shit. If Ashe turns up in this game as a playable character, I will fangasm. I will also fangasm if Dan is in this game. It would be a crime against humanity if he is not.

I'd much rather Aile was in it, but mainly because Ashe's localised voice annoys me.

So yeah, this is the MegaMan rep I wanna see.

Classic Roll - She's a dead cert, and why give the classic series more than one rep? It's "unfair"

MegaMan EXE - Even if the EXE series isn't that amazing, MegaMan EXE has an awesome design

Tron Bonne - Because she'd be a great Legends rep

Zero Zero or ZX Aile - X Zero was in TvC, time for the handheld series' to get some rep.

I also wouldn't mind seeing X model Aile, maybe instead of EXE. ZX character could change between models? If the X series needs rep they could always chuck in Axl or.... SIGMA.

Honestly though I really don't think each big series should get more than 3-5 reps. I really think 5 or 6 SF characters at the max, because there were way too many last time. And like in TvC, one major rep from each game. SFI and II have their reps, so just III IV and Alpha characters naow?

[/pointless wishlisting]

EDIT: So apparently there are only going to be about 30 characters...

And Activision has the rights to Spiderman. Bad news?

Rumours I guess...

The game will feature around 30 characters. Niitsuma-san says that time constraints have led the team to settle on that number of characters, even though the game can support any number of characters.

Source

The "huge roster" is a lie, it barely has more than TvC.... At the same time, other sources say "it's 30 now and will increase in the next year, as many as possible". Geez, who to believe?

In b4 we have to pay $5 each for 20+ dlc characters.

Edited by SuperLink

The official announcement has me more intrigued than I was originally. I truly hope that the game is more "MvSF" or "MvC" than "MvC2." A lower cast number will probably help allow that, but you never know...

Also, top secret Morrigan character model leaked!

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

And Activision has the rights to Spiderman. Bad news?

They have the rights to Spider-Man games, but I don't think they control all of Spidey's video game appearances.

Spider-Man appeared in this crappy game from THQ...

Marvel-super-hero-squad-cover.jpg

....so I don't think he'll have any trouble getting in here.

I am a bit disappointed about the supposed character count though. I was expecting less from than MvC 2 from the beginning, but 30 seems a bit low. Even that new Naruto game is suppose to have over 40...

Hopefully there's at least as many characters as Brawl had (35?).

Okay so.. The characters revealed so far are Chris Redfield, Ryu, Morrigan, Iron Man, Wolverine and The Hulk.. Ten other characters are just silhouettes. Five Capcom, five Marvel. Eight for each side; sixteen total.

From what I've gathered thanks to cross referencing pictures and looking at a few good/believable guesses, the remaining characters in the silhouettes are:

On Marvel side:

• Captain America
  • Deadpool
  • Doctor Doom
  • Super Skrull
  • One other character

On the Capcom side:

• Chun-Li
  • Dante
  • Felicia
  • Trish
  • One other character

The Marvel character I'm wiling to bet is either Mephisto or Dormammu. The Capcom character I would assume is Frank West.

Edited by Chooch

Personally I don't like how they are planing another Marvel Vs Capcom game. If they could just talk to SEGA to try a SEGA Vs Capcom game that will really turn alot more heads than another sequel. But hey that just my opinion :P .

Hey they did mario and sonic in the olympics, all they need to do is make a crossover game with sonic and frogger and your philosophy could become a reality.......

Also, since Disney owns Marvel will they include Disney based characters that would make the game a complete train wreck???

Edited by Scarletdark