Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

All right Hsien-ko's in the game now it's a party! But damn I need to figure out my team's and quick.

Zero's definitely on my team since I mained the fuck out of him in TvC. For everyone else... i don't know. I guess I'll try everyone else out with Zero and see how they work. I was never really big on picking characters other than Capcom characters. Maybe I will try Taskmaster since he looks pretty cool.

Edited by LunarEdge

Everyone knows people will only use Magneto, Storm, and Sentinel. *Shot*

Anyway, I really don't know who I'm going to use yet. There are a lot of characters I like.

DOUBLE POSTING AND I'M NOT GIVING A FUCK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEHS6dr6Lw

24biyc2.png

YES

YES

YESSSSSS

also Sentinel but who cares.

Hsien-ko!!!!OH F-YEH! This almost makes up for the lack of Gambit!

Well my team is gonna be Deadpool, M.O.D.O.K and Hsien-ko then!

EDIT: Also hadn't seen anyone post Sentinel gameplay yet so:Sentinel and Hsien-ko gameplay vids

EDIT again, just saw my above post reply..... nevermind

Edited by The-Master-Board

Hello, I'm new here so I thought I should make my first post count by providing information.

I remember reading in another videogame forum (1up perhaps?) that the "technical difficulties" which caused frank west to be removed the game was that the move where he spawns zombies was glitching out during online play.

looking forward to the game by the way. (all I need is a 360 :( )

• Thumbs Up 1

I cried when I saw Hsien-ko.

I'm sorry Spidey, but the babes of MvC are taking over my roster. C.Viper, Storm, and Hsien-Ko. I wouldn't mind using Tronne or Trish either.

Capcom Europe only mentioned one and that the art contest they had was to decide a cover for it, but insofar nothing has been revealed apart from alot of retailers in the UK having special pre-order bonuses, most which include variations of MvC3 t-shirts, bargain prices, the tie-in comic or the steelbox that the US collectors ed comes in.

If anyone was hoping for Mega Man DLC, don't get your hopes up.

"It is almost certain that he is not going to be DLC. Mega Man is a character difficult to adapt to MvC because you only have Megabuster as a weapon and a good character for this fighting game needs more variety. That is the main reason that we chose Zero; apart from the Megabuster, he also carries a sword.

Everything we've announced is that there will be DLC with new characters, but we have not yet decided which and how many will be there, but then we didn't say they're "definitely a no" but "not currently, and it is very unlikely."

So the reasoning is that he can't be made into a good fighting game character is because all he has is a buster. :blink:

I would be fine with MM not being in just because, but it's annoying to see them justify it with what amounts to "we couldn't be bothered to come up with a decent moveset based on all of his special weapons, so we just picked the guy with a sword."

Edited by Ekaje

So wait... First they say Megaman's not in because he has too many abilities, and then they say he's not going to be in because he doesn't have that much abilities?! MAKE UP YOUR MIND CAPCOM!

And that's still a lame excuse. <_<

Well At least we got Hisen Ko in the game! :D

Edited by The Stinking Recolor

So wait... First they say Megaman's not in because he has too many abilities, and then they say he's not going to be in because he doesn't have that much abilities?!

MAKE UP YOUR MIND CAPCOM!

Actually this is pretty much the same thing they said last time only with the added "he probably won't be DLC".

Which is surprising that they're giving up so early, unless they only speak about Classic Megaman. X was still the poll topper in official Japan polls.

I still wish that the Zero they used was the MMZ iteration. I'm sick to death of his X design.

EDIT: While Capcom-Unity technically is run mostly by the PR people, the DLC request topper on their polls for Marvel was Gambit, followed by Venom and Psylocke. For Capcom it was Strider, but due to license fuckery the chance of him appearing is nigh-slim, so if not counting him the top 3 there would be Phoenix Wright at first place, X at second tied with Gene and Vergil at third.

Edited by Carbo

Mega Man is a character difficult to adapt to MvC

Coming from the guys that made M.O.D.O.K a playable character.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was surprised about how fast I dropped him in MvC2 as he was one of the first characters I tried when I started playing. Like really, I barely saw the appeal in him. Even then I can sort of understand that it may feel a bit alien to not have a Capcom crossover that doesnt include him, but hell like I've stated a few times earlier the only things that I could possibly look forward to coming from him is already done better by other characters.

From a series standpoint, its disappointing. But eventually I won't be playing my teams based on who I like better as characters. From a fighting standpoint I'd almost say good riddance.

Did anyone actually play as Megaman in MvC2? he kind of... sucks ass.

I DID. but at the same time I spent WAY too much time making him work against EVERYONE 50plus else. :c He wasn't the best but he wasn't the worst. I'm maining the hell out of Trish X-23 and Tron tho. Love it. HADOKEN!!! =D that and megaman had a cute taunt in the vs series. But Zero should be fun. X-23 FOOLS! =D

I still wish that the Zero they used was the MMZ iteration. I'm sick to death of his X design.

I am too. It's absolutely ridiculous.

MVC_Zero.png

You couldn't get any more annoyingly 90's EXTREME than this. There's nothing subtle about his design at all. He looks like a fucking toy: he's like a bad Gundam model someone made, then decided "hmmm, what could this use? I KNOW, how about a human face and Dixie Kong's banana ponytail!" And his ridiculously big feet are designed so that the figure doesn't fall over when you put it on your shelf.

Also, what's the point of those giant green nipples he has? Is it to make him look less dignified? Because if that's the case, they sure nailed it.

And he's not alone either. The X games had possibly the worst character design out of any other Mega Man series.

I don't want to give the impression that I hate Zero, but I'm sick of looking at him. His design is so over-the-top that he has to be viewed in small doses, like a Jim Carey movie.

He wasn't the best, but the problem here is that they're acting like he has absolutely no potential. It makes no sense.

A good 40 or more of the 50+ characters in that game sucked ass. What does it even matter?

People definitely used him and they used him because he was Mega Man. He is easily one of (if not the) most iconic Capcom character ever created. It doesn't matter what excuses people make. It doesn't make sense that he's not in a high profile game like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and people have every reason to be outraged and request him be included as downloadable content.

See I could swallow that if Zero wasn't in the game... but... he is.

when you get right down to it he's basically 80s hair metal, red, Megaman with a sword. I think and having them both is redundant, and due to zero actually being a canon melee fighter he makes more sense in a fighting game then megaman, were only one to be included.

i also wish it was the MMZ iteration of the character though. Megaman X has awful character design.

See I could swallow that if Zero wasn't in the game... but... he is.

when you get right down to it he's basically 80s hair metal, red, Megaman with a sword. I think and having them both is redundant, and due to zero actually being a canon melee fighter he makes more sense in a fighting game then megaman, were only one to be included.

what if capcom's main reasoning was that Mega man has 2 vs games while zero only has one and wanted to make it even?

The smash bros situation is different, Sonic wasn't just a sonic series rep, but a rep for ~ALL OF SEGA~ He's also SEGA's clear cut mascot... and a logical choice to go up against Mario and whatever other Nintendo doofuses due to left over 90s nintendo vs sega gamer rivalry.

but whatever, side point.

Zero is a pretty decent character in himself. He also has fighting game history in gameshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydDv6mRi0_Iand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFFruLsIOiM, so it's not like him being chosen alongside, or over megaman is a new thing. Also it's funny you say this-

Zero's a valid character choice to include in the game, there's no arguing that, but there's no way in Hell that he can be considered a perfectly suitable alternative to Mega Man. I mean, in my mind, there are actually five characters they had to choose from that all could have qualified as "Mega Man," and none of those five are Zero.

Because I'm pretty sure Inafune designed him as "a new megaman" or something.

Most of this is probably due to the fact that I fine megamn boring as a character, but I'm seirously nto bothered by him not being in.Capcom have a ton of characters suitable for a fighting game. Megs is pretty damn low on my "where the fuck are they?" list. But I think at least with their own side Capcom is trying to go a fresh roster to MVC, example: choosing dudes like Haggar over mainstays like Zangief.

what if capcom's main reasoning was that Mega man has 2 vs games while zero only has one and wanted to make it even?

Zero has two as well.

"It is almost certain that he is not going to be DLC. Mega Man is a character difficult to adapt to MvC because you only have Megabuster as a weapon and a good character for this fighting game needs more variety. That is the main reason that we chose Zero; apart from the Megabuster, he also carries a sword."

"Mega Man is a character difficult to adapt to MvC because you only have Megabuster as a weapon"

"you only have Megabuster as a weapon"

SERIOUSLY!? WTF CAPCOM??

• Thumbs Up 3