Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

The game is incredibly easy and it's also incredibly broken, but it's still fun for the most part, so it shouldn't matter to most.

Up until this afternoon I was seriously considering abandoning the team I had settled on. Viewtiful Joe / Amaterasu / Chris Redfield just wasn't doing it. I don't know what it was, but playing at school today must have caused some sort of breakthrough. Finally got the motivation to stick with my team and beast with them.

It's still gonna be hard tho'. Too many stupidly good characters that I just so happen to not pick. :< I think as a secondary 'bullshit' team I'm gonna have Wesker / Taskmaster / Deadpool. I think it'll work well enough.

Edited by Chooch

The game is incredibly easy and it's also incredibly broken, but it's still fun for the most part, so it shouldn't matter to most.

Up until this afternoon I was seriously considering abandoning the team I had settled on. Viewtiful Joe / Amaterasu / Chris Redfield just wasn't doing it. I don't know what it was, but playing at school today must have caused some sort of breakthrough. Finally got the motivation to stick with my team and beast with them.

It's still gonna be hard tho'. Too many stupidly good characters that I just so happen to not pick. :< I think as a secondary 'bullshit' team I'm gonna have Wesker / Taskmaster / Deadpool. I think it'll work well enough.

Yeah I'm hearing nothing but good things, but it's CAPCOM. So what did I expect. I'm just hoping there's stuff for me to other than hide from mashing. XD My team's gonna be TRON, X-23, and TRISH =D my sexy LADIES. :D

post-1358-0-11706000-1298002890_thumb.jp

Yeah I'm hearing nothing but good things, but it's CAPCOM. So what did I expect. I'm just hoping there's stuff for me to other than hide from mashing. XD My team's gonna be TRON, X-23, and TRISH =D my sexy LADIES. :D

post-1358-0-11706000-1298002890_thumb.jp

X-23 is way more fun than I first thought she'd be. She-Hulk is actually pretty amazing as well.

Right now my team as I predicted it to be before I began playing, is Spencer, Deadpool and Hsien-Ko. But I'm having so much fun with the other characters as well that I dont think I can pin down any preferences of now. There's so much variety to work with, and everyone feels useful in some way or another.

Overall this game is exceeding my expectations. I've never had this much fun with a fighting game. In fact, I'd go as far as calling it the best fighting game I've ever played. It's over-the-top as fuck, bombastic as hell, the amount of control in this is perfect and best of all, no character feels downright useless.

I'm probably going to have fun playing this game with my friends the next few months.

Can't pull of Level 3 combos for shit, but damn this is a fun game. My main team is probably Ryu, Dante and Chun-Li. Dante has saved me from losing about 3 times already, go button mashing!

Did you guys see Ryu's ending? Well, there's something interesting in it

There's a display which shows the incoming match, and it says Ken vs. Mr. X

Could it be a hint of future DLC?

Edited by Vec

I've been thinking of getting this game for a while now, and the fact that the general consensus is that it's easy to get decent at it sounds pretty nice. The team I was planning to use was Zero, Deadpool and Dante. I'd just like to know from people with experience with the game, are these 3 decent characters? Are there any that I should swap out for better combinations? (I'd prefer not to swap out Zero though, but I will if I'd do significantly better with another character paired with Deadpool and Dante.)

inb4sentinel

The team I was planning to use was Zero, Deadpool and Dante. I'd just like to know from people with experience with the game, are these 3 decent characters?

Deadpool: Hell yes!

Dante: Yes, indeed.

Zero: He's decent, but he can come off as slow when you first try him out. Doesn't take to long to get used to him and work his speed up tho.

Are there any that I should swap out for better combinations? (I'd prefer not to swap out Zero though, but I will if I'd do significantly better with another character paired with Deadpool and Dante.)

For the most part, you can't go wrong with most of the characters.'

As you'll hear a lot, X-23 is just badass. She's much quicker than Wolverine, and although her attacks don't cover as much of the screen or send her flying across it like Wolvy, she can rack up combos and damage like crazy.

When I first got used to X-23, I killed one of my friends mains (Spiderman) in the span of 3 seconds. Unfortunately for me, he started getting interested in X-23 himself...

inb4sentinel

You know it's funny. Ever since I got Sentinel, I've avoided playing him like the plague...

I've been thinking of getting this game for a while now, and the fact that the general consensus is that it's easy to get decent at it sounds pretty nice. The team I was planning to use was Zero, Deadpool and Dante. I'd just like to know from people with experience with the game, are these 3 decent characters? Are there any that I should swap out for better combinations? (I'd prefer not to swap out Zero though, but I will if I'd do significantly better with another character paired with Deadpool and Dante.)

All three of those characters are crazy good. Stick with them, practice, and you'll have no problem. Zero's good on point and a solid rushdown character, Dante's all-around fantastic, and Deadpool's keepaway game is one of the best you can find looking through the entire roster.

inb4sentinel

Deadpool is pretty much Cable 2.0. He dominates in the air and is fast and unpredictable as fuck. Most of his combos are hard to read due to their speedy nature, and he's primarily a zoning character reliant on running and gunning. Overall he fairs very well against most characters.

Dante is slower than Deadpool but he has above 40 different specials to work with and is complicated as hell to master. He isn't really as beginner-friendly as Deadpool or Zero I'd say, but this guy is going places and is probably the most versatile character in the game. He'll probably end up in the high-tiers.

Zero's gameplay is part in need to be supported by assists if you want to take him seriously, but he plays solid keepaway, rushdown and is pretty basic to work with, and he's an above-average character with a pretty long-lasting dash. Zero is a character that moves a bit slower than the others but this makes him alot easier to work with in combos and experimenting, so he's pretty beginner-friendly. Overall I'd say you got a team of good characters in your hands that all contemplate each other. Assist-wise, Trigger Happy will fend off anti-airs while Dante's Jam Session can create a good wall for blocking incoming characters. Zero also has a few slashes and slash projectiles to work with.

If you need info on characters or anything else check out SRK's Hyper Guide. It's an amazing introductory to the game and has a bunch of neat tips and tricks for each individual character.

Edited by Carbo

Just got the copy of the game yesterday and did have fun with it though definitely in need of practice. Dante has to be my fave char so far. As much as I'm having fun, not being able to get DLC and whatnot is going to be a total b*tch since again I don't have XBLA(H). Oh well.

'I have 5 meter! Time for an 800k punish!'

'I have level 1 X-Factor and 5 meter! Time to die!'

I swear, if you're fighting someone competent who has Arthur as their anchor you're fucked.

Edited by Chooch

Doesn't look that bad honestly. Pretty much every character with a Hyper Gauge at 5 can do a Character KO combo of some sort, but by the time you build that up its practictability is questionable.

I swear, if you're fighting someone competent who has Arthur as their anchor you're fucked.

Unless your using a character that can teleport or reflect counter projectiles (e.g Wesker/Ammy).

I just played a game....... X-23... is my hero............ I'm in love yah. That's all I got for now. Now waiting for next week is gonna be even harder. :c

I got home from school today to see this game's box sitting on my table, and the game itself inside my X-Box 360. I'm experimenting with some characters and so far I really like playing as Amaterasu.

It's all good fun, even though I'm pretty much button mashing at the moment.

Sooo... not trying to come off as a whiner here but did anyone else foolishly buy the game from the capcom store, like me, and is being forced to put up with their bullshit?

Am I the only Sentinel fan? I barely see him online compared to the likes of Dante, Deadpool, Akuma, Ryu, Wolverine, and X-23 for some reason. Though I like a lot of other characters.

Am I the only Sentinel fan? I barely see him online compared to the likes of Dante, Deadpool, Akuma, Ryu, Wolverine, and X-23 for some reason. Though I like a lot of other characters.

People were sick of him in MVC2 as he was broken as hell along with more than half the cast. I heard he got alot of hate... but then again, I say give it about a month. Then you'll see Sent. Rise to power like he did in MVC2.

Sent seems a little harder to play for my friends for some reason. But his attacks do hella damage...I still don't want to play as him tho.

I had the opportunity to play this game at a friend's house. It was actually not that bad. I played the XBox 360 version. He subs to GameFly and he got the game that way. It's a pretty fantastic game. I was floored by the graphics and the gameplay. I have one word to sum this game: dazzling. It's simply a dazzling game. I really like the character selection. It was pretty damn bad ass playing as Thor. He's a great character.

Sooo... not trying to come off as a whiner here but did anyone else foolishly buy the game from the capcom store, like me, and is being forced to put up with their bullshit?

Half of /v/

People were sick of him in MVC2 as he was broken as hell along with more than half the cast. I heard he got alot of hate... but then again, I say give it about a month. Then you'll see Sent. Rise to power like he did in MVC2.

Sent is already one of the easier characters to work with due to his insane hitboxes and girth, and most people were universally complaining about him during release.

I don't think there's any room for him to "rise to fame" more than he already is, if anything it can only go downhill from here now that we've seen both Maximillian Dood destroy Marn's Sent and Wong absolutely slaughtering another with Wolverine, only days after he was bitching about him.

So anyway I was trying out the online with my friend in Texas and the netcode is actually incredibly good. I don't know what the issue is with some people who don't like it, probably just shitty internet connection, but I managed to keep up a solid 60fps throughout with only a few chopping frames. It was almost unnoticable.

Edited by Carbo