Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Half of /v/

Sent is already one of the easier characters to work with due to his insane hitboxes and girth, and most people were universally complaining about him during release.

I don't think there's any room for him to "rise to fame" more than he already is, if anything it can only go downhill from here now that we've seen both Maximillian Dood destroy Marn's Sent and Wong absolutely slaughtering another with Wolverine, only days after he was bitching about him.

So anyway I was trying out the online with my friend in Texas and the netcode is actually incredibly good. I don't know what the issue is with some people who don't like it, probably just shitty internet connection, but I managed to keep up a solid 60fps throughout with only a few chopping frames. It was almost unnoticable.

OH? hmmm I want X-23 to rise to power. XD but I haven't kept up-to-date with wong's matches. Thanks for the info bro. :D

Half of /v/

Sent is already one of the easier characters to work with due to his insane hitboxes and girth, and most people were universally complaining about him during release.

I don't think there's any room for him to "rise to fame" more than he already is, if anything it can only go downhill from here now that we've seen both Maximillian Dood destroy Marn's Sent and Wong absolutely slaughtering another with Wolverine, only days after he was bitching about him.

So anyway I was trying out the online with my friend in Texas and the netcode is actually incredibly good. I don't know what the issue is with some people who don't like it, probably just shitty internet connection, but I managed to keep up a solid 60fps throughout with only a few chopping frames. It was almost unnoticable.

OH? hmmm I want X-23 to rise to power. XD but I haven't kept up-to-date with wong's matches. Thanks for the info bro. :D

I've had the exact opposite here. not one smooth full speed game, feels like i'm playing in fucking molasses every match, it's been atrocious.

going online has become a nightmare, I really want to play actual human players but every match is devolved into a slow mo, disgusting mess.

I've had the exact opposite here. not one smooth full speed game, feels like i'm playing in fucking molasses every match, it's been atrocious.

going online has become a nightmare, I really want to play actual human players but every match is devolved into a slow mo, disgusting mess.

Was it ranked or player? I hear people keep having problem with the former and that custom lobbies are much better handled. I was playing mostly player matches so I can't say for sure if I experience differences between the two.

Ranked. but I haven't found player matches much better. it sucks because my execution goes to shit with lag, and playing the AI for me personally, feels hollow.

I can't decide whether ALL OF AUSTRALIA has internet this shitty or if people playing mvc3 online are just trolls. regardless, I miss blazblue's netcode.

So I pre-ordered from gamestation and the idea was you get the game in a steelbook right?

Well...

I got the steel book... and a normal copy of the game. lol the pre-order bonus when ordering online was a steelbook, but you get the normal game as well!? Why!?

Anyway, just about to try it out for myself.

I bought mine at GameStop. I got the empty Steelbook case and the game itself. I guess it's if you preffer conventional boxes.

Not going to ever switch back to the ugly as shit box though. The Steelbook is slick as fuck.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bought mine at GameStop. I got the empty Steelbook case and the game itself. I guess it's if you preffer conventional boxes.

Not going to ever switch back to the ugly as shit box though. The Steelbook is slick as fuck.

Those are awesome. Only about 5 more days. Expect a friend add Carbo when I get it next friday. =D I wanna take you for a ride. You too Remy.. what system you have it for?

I just got my 5 wins in a row trophy. I used Dante, Deadpool and Ryu/sentinal... don't hate me, I just wanted extra insurance when I got to 3 wins in a row.

I found that a lot of new players get very overwhelmed when you use dantes attacks just because theres so much action going on it makes for an easy win.

Sentinal is a bit of an odd one isn't he? I find that he's not a great character to use unless you just stand in the corner and spam the laser, but theres so many characters that can counter that it's unbelivable, heck even Spiderman can counter it! But when you connect with a hit, outch it hurts.

I am loving the random bits of dialogue, like when Hulk called in Felicia he yells out "CAT GIRL!!!"

I am loving the random bits of dialogue, like when Hulk called in Felicia he yells out "CAT GIRL!!!"

He also bellows "DOG!" when switching out with Amaterasu.

I'm totally down with that.

If anyone else wants to play my PSN is in my sig.

Mine's Lamontraccoon. So expect to see that next week. Just don't pwn me too badly lol. I gotta get my wife ( X-23 ) used to my controls. lol

I'll add all the PSN users and kick all of your asses soon enough.

I've been playing tons of casuals at school and practicing on a friend's copy (days before the game was officially released, I might add), so when I get my own next month it's on.

Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Chris Redfield; all day every day.

Edited by Chooch

Thoughts after the first day I've played it.

* It's fun!

* Theres a lot of people online playing as Dante.

* This mission mode is a hard pain in the ass.

* Failed to join game session.

Theres a lot of failing to join games going on.

Finally got a chance to *have gun, will shoot!* play this at my cousin's house, so *have gun, will shoot!* much fun... I'm kind surprised *have gun, will shoot!* at how loose the controls *Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang!* feel, probably cuz I've been playing Blazblue *have gun, will shoot!* for months now. Can't wait to play *Pineapple surprise!* this on my own console next week.

Fucking Deadpool spam...

There's more to Deadpool then spam, which makes is discouraging when that's all people do. I mean, the idea would to try and play keep away, but his teleporting and other special attacks allow for some nice face-to-face play as well.

I encountered someone using the dark pheonix stratergy earlier, it's such a cheap tactic, all what the dude did was crouch with the other two characters and block just about everything and let the combo meter increase, sure enough out once it hit level 5 he pretty much let's his other 2 characters die, out she comes and bobs your uncle a stupidly over powered character.

Thinking back... I wonder if using that knockback move could have brought out his character quicker in order for me to prevent dark pheonix from even appearing, i'll put it down to a lack of experience.

Also sentinal... Is it just me, or against the CPU he's unstoppable, online however... Different story.

One thing I learned about Sent is that his air special attack has Hyper armor, meaning they won't be able to punish an aerial or jumping approach without using a hyper bar.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Finally got a chance to *have gun, will shoot!* play this at my cousin's house, so *have gun, will shoot!* much fun... I'm kind surprised *have gun, will shoot!* at how loose the controls *Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang!* feel, probably cuz I've been playing Blazblue *have gun, will shoot!* for months now. Can't wait to play *Pineapple surprise!* this on my own console next week.

Fucking Deadpool spam...

Yeah, my friend is pretty much a spammy bitch with that character, and that's his guarantee way of winning when he uses him. So much that I completely quit the match because he really doesn't deserve the win if that's all he's going to do (it's not online, so it's no harm to me).

It's kind of the opposite with me when I main Deadpool. Don't know why, but there is something more satisfying about getting close up and Shoryuken-ing someone in the face, and then proceeding to go with the team air combos as opposed to being cheap with the guns. Anyone with me on that? It may be good sportsmanship to some, but even then it's much fun than "have gun, will shoot; have gun, will shoot; have gun, will shoot!"

Also, my friend really HATES it when I play as Trish. :lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I encountered someone using the dark pheonix stratergy earlier, it's such a cheap tactic, all what the dude did was crouch with the other two characters and block just about everything and let the combo meter increase, sure enough out once it hit level 5 he pretty much let's his other 2 characters die, out she comes and bobs your uncle a stupidly over powered character.

Thinking back... I wonder if using that knockback move could have brought out his character quicker in order for me to prevent dark pheonix from even appearing, i'll put it down to a lack of experience.

Also sentinal... Is it just me, or against the CPU he's unstoppable, online however... Different story.

you can use the snap back (quarter circle forward + tag button) to force phoenix in to fight, and perhaps sneak a KO before level 5 meter.

alternatively, just don't KO phoenix and chill and block and win by time out. :)

depends on the quality of player, I personally find it hard to get in on sent online, but i'm also battling lag.

Don't forget that what Partner button you press depends on who is dragged out too. Kind of a waste if you end up dragging out the other character instead of Phoenix.

snap back is also handy if they tag out a character who has heaps of red health but is otherwise almost dead, you can snap them in and they lose all the red.