Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

There's still no Europe PSN sale on the MVC stuff and there's only a day left till it's gone forever. Thanks a bunch Capcom. -_-

Why does part of me suspect they'll just make an Ultra MvC3, and removing previous games from the marketplace is just some shallow excuse not to just patch and DLC its content into games people have already paid for?

This is an old, old post but I doubt they'll be making anything to do with Marvel again anytime soon. Stuff being removed suggests that a contract somewhere along the line has expired.

Capcom probably no longer have the rights.

What perplexes me most about this whole thing is that, well, why can't Marvel just set up a limited agreement with Capcom to sell existing titles digitally, so people can continue to enjoy them and Marvel still gets some profits from the sales?

I imagine Disney/Marvel want to make content that doesn't involve them splitting profits with someone else, but taking the games off digital services just ensures that they can't get ANY revenue from them, and keeping them on digital storefronts costs very little, if any, compared to retail, where there's numerous costs involved.

The youtuber Maximilian theorized that Marvel asked too much in order to renew the license, and since Capcom isn't exactly swimming in money, it's possible that they preferred drop the deal.

Still a shitty move if you ask me, but it could had a reason behind it.

• 5 months later...

BUMP!

This game is now officially unplayable. A major save file edit hack has been found, which lets you play as three of the same character on the same team.

You might be thinking, well thats not so bad... however, it has a noticable side effect, it lets the player pick Galactus! For Online play!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDmO04412o

Galactus can perform level 3 team supers without a full super meter bar.

Oh but that's not the craziest part.... you can have 3 Galactus' on one team!

BOOM!

• Thumbs Up 6

And the worst part is that even if Capcom would still care for this game, hell, this series in general, they couldn't do anything because they don't have the Marvel license anymore: how sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok so it gets more interesting.

If you play as a team of three characters, they all call each other by name as their character.

So switch out Vergil and he yells "Vergil!" 

Switch out Deadpool to Deadpool and he yells "MEEEE!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6u6MPZqOUA

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later...

At long last guys! The moment you've all been waiting for!

UMVC3 is now available across the board on consoles and PC outside of the PS4!

header.jpg?t=1488848497
Marvel and Capcom join forces to deliver the most frenetic 3 vs 3 tag battles ever with Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. This release comes fully loaded, including all previous DLC, Marvel VS. Capcom : Official Complete Works.
User reviews:
Overall:
Very Positive (260 reviews)
Release Date: Dec 3, 2016
Popular user-defined tags for this product:

About This Game

Marvel and Capcom join forces to deliver the most frenetic 3 vs. 3 tag battles ever with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. This release comes fully loaded, including all previous DLC, and the Marvel vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works. Select some of the most iconic Marvel and Capcom characters, and customize your team with "Heroes and Heralds" mode. Once you've honed your skills, hop online and go head-to-head against players from around the world to see who is the strongest in the universe.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, or better
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX260, or better
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 4 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectSound compatible (must support DirectX 9.0c or higher)
    • Additional Notes: Genuine Xbox 360 PC compatible controller recommended.
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad 2.7 GHz, or better
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560, or better
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 4 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectSound compatible (must support DirectX 9.0c or higher)
    • Additional Notes: Genuine Xbox 360 PC compatible controller recommended.

© 2017 MARVEL
©MOTO KIKAKU. ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2011, 2016, ©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. 2011, 2016 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/357190/

Sigh was hoping for switch, but it's kinda obvious they are using the USF2 guys to get used to the new hardware, and they are likely the primary witch port team right now, which means this just didn't happen now for logistical reasons... for now at least

4 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Sigh was hoping for switch, but it's kinda obvious they are using the USF2 guys to get used to the new hardware, and they are likely the primary witch port team right now, which means this just didn't happen now for logistical reasons... for now at least

Meh, wait and see if something later for the Switch comes down the road. Porting times can be sporadic anyway. And with the Switch being quite a new thing of tech, porting might take some time.

Switch release would be nice since my PS4 has no space left, but I suppose I could get it on Xbox One if I have to. I feel like most of my friends would get it on PS4 though.

Either way, I'm just hoping for cross play!

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Either way, I'm just hoping for cross play!

PC/PS4 versions of this don't have crossplay right? Switch version probably isn't going to either, if it at some point exists. I hope MVC:I makes it to switch at least.

Speaking of MVC:I this post was pretty amusing-

On 12/19/2013 at 3:41 PM, Remy said:

This is an old, old post but I doubt they'll be making anything to do with Marvel again anytime soon. Stuff being removed suggests that a contract somewhere along the line has expired.

I guess I was wrong lol. But 4 years isn't soon so I guess I was right???

7 hours ago, Remy said:

PC/PS4 versions of this don't have crossplay right

Don't know yet,  I'm afraid. 

13 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Don't know yet,  I'm afraid. 

It's out right? So I would hazard a guess that means that no it isn't crossplay because no one that has it is saying that it does.

Every time I've ever seen a game have crossplay, all the way back to the Dreamcast days, the publisher always shouted it from the rooftops.

• 1 month later...

Y'know, I really shouldn't be too surprised that the UMVC3 mods have come this far already!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 10 months later...
On 10/13/2011 at 11:25 AM, Carbo said:

Also,

qI3iY.jpg

Capcom trolls everyone again.

Bit late to this, but I'll admit, I don't get it. What's the context?

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Bit late to this, but I'll admit, I don't get it. What's the context?

It's reference to this X-men comic cover but the slain/captured mutants are fan favorite MvC characters that didn't make it, including Classic Megaman who's apparently still alive.

latest?cb=20070304035510

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DaBatGuy said:

It's reference to this X-men comic cover but the slain/captured mutants are fan favorite MvC characters that didn't make it, including Classic Megaman who's apparently still alive.

Ah, and here I thought @Carbo was referencing something involving Phoenix and Maya,. :P given the screenshot. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

In the meantime,  it's good to see this game returning (albeit on the sidelines) to EVO and still getting the love and atention that it earned.