Awoo.

How does this sound for a 20th anniversary compilation?

agoodusername

I'd rather have an epic compilation than a new game. Because we all know a new game would suck.

Ahem....

I'd rather they remake the first 3 games if not a new game. It could really benefit if done RIGHT. You all know how those things are selling like hotcakes these days. A regular ol' compilation is stupid and redundant. It's high time the upgrade to a remake compilation.

Sonic The Hedgehog: The Robotnik Wars*shot*

Ahem....

I'd rather they remake the first 3 games if not a new game. It could really benefit if done RIGHT. You all know how those things are selling like hotcakes these days. A regular ol' compilation is stupid and redundant. It's high time the upgrade to a remake compilation.

Sonic The Hedgehog: The Robotnik Wars*shot*

remakes of the old games would be great but it would probably no be a good idea... I mean try comparing the original sonic adventure to DX... I'm afraid that would be the result... Unless it's done right like SA2's green hill. But it is a good idea that we've been asking for for years. And it would make the newer character designs in Sonic 4 feel more natural. Although a compilation would probably be the best way to go in order to bring newer fans in.

- a storyline and timeline

That alone would warrant a purchase for me just to see how they tackle the Blaze plot hole and Chronicles cliffhanger. ;)

You know I would actually be more happy with a brand new game rather than a compilation summing up 20 years of Sonic games. Nintendo didn't do that for Mario's 20th they released a brand new game.

I would think a Theatrical CG Movie would just make me uber happy to celebrate Sonic's 20th.

As far as S4 goes, that is a humble reward in itself. However being DLC only kinda bums me out.

I just hope DLC doesn't take over..

That aside, Sonic Team (or whichever dev) takes the mantle, just hope they have more surprises ahead.

remakes of the old games would be great but it would probably no be a good idea... I mean try comparing the original sonic adventure to DX... I'm afraid that would be the result...

SADX isn't a remake. It's a port. If it was a remake, then it would be re-built from scratch (or the SA2B engine, similar how Pokemon HG/SS runs on the Platinum engine), but it's clearly running a modified version of the original. I haven't played the original, but I've seen videos, and it looks exactly the same except with fugly character models.

I like the idea of remaking Sonic 1-3 with Sonic 4 graphics. Sonic 1 & 2 would both have one episode, and Sonic 3 will have 2 episodes, Episode I containing Angel Island Zone to Launch Base Zone, Episode II containing Mushroom Hill Zone to Doomsday Zone.

...but sadly that probably won't ever happen...

Realistically, I think we'll get another 3D game. I hope this time they do a proper Wii version, instead of the craptacular Sonic Unwiished. The Wii version is... embarrassing. It's the first time I was actually not satisfied when first getting the game.

EDIT: Another idea I've had for a while: Make something similar to Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii. You know, put Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and a glitch-less remake/port(Wii) of Sonic 06 renamed Sonic Adventure 3. Adventure 1 & 2 should be re-voiced with the 4Kids cast for consistency. I mean, face it, the number of games with the 4Kids cast now outnumbers the old cast. And IMO, the old cast kinda sucked anyway (except Sonic Heroes, which was sadly the last major title without the old cast).

Edited by Chaos Rush

What do I want for Sonic's 20th Anniversary? An updated version of the first episode of AoSTH and a brand new episode loosely based on the start of Sonic 3 introducing Knuckles (the entire cartoon was seemingly based on Sonic 2).

Oh God I can dream can't I?

Nah the idea of a massive compilation sounds naff for a 20th anniverasry game I mean SEGA really needs to lay of porting classic games for while it's getting out of control with it XD, I mean every year Sonic 1 & 2 gets ported someway or another (Sonic 2 released next week on the iPod Touch/iPhone yeah too many ports XD).

But anyway personally I would just love 2D Sonic game first half of Sonic's 20th game maybe a follow up off Sonic 4 story and then near november time we get a brand new awesome 3D game what will not suck balls plays like SA1 And SA2 slapped together (SA3?) but limits the characters to just 5 simple characters with easy and simple controls (Sonic ,Tails,Knuckles,Shadow*Shot*& Silver) with other characters in the game being NPC's like Dr. Eggman (obvs being the main villain no freaking super god like monster involved) and characters like Amy,Blaze and Rouge can be supporters of the main heroes and helping them out as the story goes on :) but that what I think though lol ^__^