Awoo.

[NDS] Ghost Trick

Sean

Well, I just finished it. Some aspects of the ending were brilliant and others convoluted, so I honestly don't know what to make of it. But I enjoyed the experience. For me, it surpasses Ace Attorney except for the first game.

• 2 months later...

Finished this game, and it is AMAZING.

- The writing is as I expected from the team who did Ace Attorney, but they topped themselves once more. The dialogue is clever and funny, the characters are well-written, likable and memorable, the plot twists vary between brilliant and somewhat convoluted, and, well... If there is any genuine proof that games are indeed art, this game is it.

- The whole "Ghost Trick" mechanic is clever, and it never gets stale, nor do the puzzles, which are at times quite brilliant. Sure, there's some moments of trial and error, but considering the game is highly forgiving and allows you to 'rewind' and rectify mistakes, this is far less of an issue than it normally would be.

- The 2D art isn't animated, unlike Ace Attorney... Which isn't an issue because it's made up for by the 3D art. It's 2.5D done perfectly. The style of the models is slightly akin to Another World and Flashback, in a way, except in 3D and not vector animation, they blend very well with the 2D backgrounds and don't look at all out of place, and hell, they even look flat when imposed over each other! And the animation is fantastic. In my personal opinion, very few games even come close to the quality of the 3D animations in this game. Okay, yes, it's technically 3D art rendered as 2D, but still, as far as both 3D and 2D animation goes, it's brilliantly done. Looks like rotoscoping ain't dead after all!

- The music, as usual, is really good, and memorable. Then again, I didn't expect anything less from the Ace Attorney team.

Also, what the hell was up with Game Informer's review? It's like the reviewer played a whole different game, that review was terrible.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Haven't played it yet but it seems very interesting to me. Very much looking forward to playing it. Especially since it came from the same place as the amazing Ace Attorney series

• 10 months later...

And from out of nowhere the iOS port of Ghost Trick is being released internationally.

If you happen to live in New Zealand the game is already available for purchase.

iOS gameplay video

The first two chapters are free, so now there's no excuse whatsoever not to try this.

...unless you don't have an iOS device :3

Edited by Velotix von Skruviktorrius
  • Thumbs Up 3

...unless you don't have an iOS device :3

I have an Android...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Now may be the perfect time to steal my sister's iPod. I'd be doing her a favor by putting this game on there anyways!

This is great news. If I had an iOS, I would instantly get this just to see the models and animation in higher resolution.

I've been replaying this game ever since I gushed about it in the 30 days topic, and I have to say that having a keen eye for details I missed the first time around makes me love this more than ever.

Just started replaying it myself, on the iOS this time. Yes, I bought it twice, but only because I feel I didn't pay Capcom enough for the first time.

Goddammit, the iPod I have here isn't recent enough to support what's needed to be able to play this game. I still haven't had a chance to pick this one up a play it either. With all the amazing positive things going around, it must be amazing.

I need to see if I can buy this somewhere already.

I actually got it because I saw it in the store and I heard it was pretty good. When I first played it...WOW, I mean WOW, that game had fantastic graphics, fantastic gameplay, fantastic characters and a fantastic story. I fucking loved it, I still love it, one of my favorite DS Games/Favorite Games of All time.