Awoo.

Adventure Time!

AdventChild

Probably one of CN's good marketing decision to put this show on the channel. Now if they only kill off CN Real and revive Toonami...but anyways this show is great, at least, better than some of the other recent crap like Johnny Test and Garfield. It is like Flapjack except more colorful, cute, and not injected with NightmareFuel. Here's the first episode featured on the channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDnOUqgrgxs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37wdqvpFfUc&feature=related

So what do you think about it?

Fun fact: The Rainicorn speaks Korean.

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 9

I like this show. That and Chowder. (And sometimes Johnny Test.)

I seriously don't understand why they made CN Real. Well atleast most of those shows have been cancelled.

Edit: The Unicorn was speaking in Korean?!! I had no idea...

Edited by Torcano

I'll be honest, it's not bad. But not to my liking XD But I'd watch it over Ben 10 any time :x

I hope you all remember the original short this was based off of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtyJi3lExo0

Oddly enough that Nick had shown that show first. A shame that they didn't took the show under its wing so that we don't have to suffer from more teen Nickcom crap they've been producing lately or at least, have something that made the channel more watchable. Though I guess PoM is good/decent, but that's almost about it. Eh, even if new Spongebob eps are crummy, I would rather watch that than iCarly, Tru Jackson VIP, and Victorious but I digress.

I doubt I'll watch it. I really really don't like any modern cartoons, especially the ones they show on CN. I tried watching the new Garfield and it's really really weird. The writing is too weird and the writers had to have been high on something while writing. As for the other shows, they're pretty atrocious. I'm not saying this one will be, perhaps it's gonna be promising and it'll be actually worthwhile. I just won't watch it.

Oh god, Adventure Time. <3 Yes. It's a cartoon that gives me hope for future cartoons. For the first time in a long time, I can say "yeah, that kid's show is bloody awesome". The fact that John DiMaggio (Bender) is voicing Jake (the Dog) just adds to the LOLS. And also in the trailers, I see that there's an episode making fun of Autotune. xDDD I can't wait for that.

Also, you should see Uncle Grandpa, if you liked this. It has lactating nerds and realistic flying tigers that shit rainbows. Not joking. xD

Me and my bro have seen it, and it's pretty good.

He actually calls it "The crystal version" between Chowder and Flapjack, which makes sense, because it's like Flapjack, but with the colorfulness of chowder. There's also the fact that there's two main protagonists, similar to Chowder and Mung, and Flapjack and K'nuckles. Though the show has alot of things going for it that sets it apart and helps it to stand on its own, which is good.

'Definitely recommend watching this series.

Obviously, my opinion on this show is that it's the best freakin' show that's ever graced the cartoon world since Ren and Stimpy.

This show is amazing. There's no other way to describe it. Period. Just look at my avatar and you can tell I'm a fan. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt I'll watch it. I really really don't like any modern cartoons, especially the ones they show on CN. I tried watching the new Garfield and it's really really weird. The writing is too weird and the writers had to have been high on something while writing. As for the other shows, they're pretty atrocious. I'm not saying this one will be, perhaps it's gonna be promising and it'll be actually worthwhile. I just won't watch it.

DO NOT let recent shows prevent you from watching it cause YOU WILL REGRET IT. It has clever writing, funny characters, and unique and almost RELATABLE premise. If you've ever played 'make believe' when you were a little kid, this show is pretty much that cranked up to 11.

Also, your new favorite character is Jake, and he is AWESOME!

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ha, I love this show. It's so simple to watch. They don't try very hard to be clever/funny and they make sure you know it, which is what makes it so charming.

Also it doesn't look like it was animated in flash, which is always a plus.

Edited by JezMM

I love Adventure Time! It's very well done show that's given me some good laughs so far, and it's very surprising on what they got away with too. If you haven't seen it yet, then I highly suggest you watch it. It certainly looks to be another very good modern series by Cartoon Network.

I saw a preview of this when I went to see How to Train Your Dragon. I'll remember to look into it later.

looool wait a sex, I totally had a video in my youtube favs that reminds me of that. Whenever I show people Calarts short films, I always show them this one even though I'm the only one who ever finds it funny (it's my fav loool)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFi9Gd1qSkE&playnext_from=TL&videos=FT8otjZprA8

haaa I totally looked it up, and the guy who made that apparently created the series. Wow it's getting super weird how I'm starting to recognize mass media by really obscure things I've seen online.

^ Ha ha ha, (I think) that's Bueno the Bear. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY SASHA. Notice how his ears look like Finn's hat.

Anyways yeah. I put up a link to the original short a while ago, my friend who does animation let me know about it. I haven't had time to catch it yet, so those two clips up there are my first impression of the show. It looks great, it has everything that made the short lovable. It's hilarious that the Rainicorn speaks Korean.

The show really is just like playing make-believe games like Black Spy says. They also slipped some more adult jokes in there like "Get those hot buns in there, girl!" I think it's got an innocent quality about it while still being more clever and interesting than a kiddy show. That's great for a cartoon. And it's not boring.

Here's the interview with the creator, Pendleton Ward. Half the comments are like "What were you smoking when you came up with this show?" Also, Wikipedia says that Pendleton is the voice of the LSP, the Lumpy Space Princess. Which makes a lot of sense because the LSP sounds like a man.

He seems like a very chill guy with a very big beard. This one is about creation process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Lc18r4xKI

And then the Cartoon Network interview, which is more recent and more about the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9caY7shDKro

Wiki also says that George Takei does a certain voice on the show, but I don't know the character.

I honestly hate almost everything on CN right now. The only stuff I watch on there now is Boomerang. Dexter was my favorite when I was a kid :D

Plus, the commercials look like they were drawn by someone on an LSD trip, and these shows like 'Dude what would happen' don't even belong on here; they contradict the very concept of Cartoon Network.

Honestly, I've hated CN ever since Cartoon Cartoons stopped playing.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly hate almost everything on CN right now. The only stuff I watch on there now is Boomerang. Dexter was my favorite when I was a kid :D

Plus, the commercials look like they were drawn by someone on an LSD trip, and these shows like 'Dude what would happen' don't even belong on here; they contradict the very concept of Cartoon Network.

Honestly, I've hated CN ever since Cartoon Cartoons stopped playing.

Who fucking cares what else is on this show is awesome.

We all know everything else sucks, stop talking about the obvious, and talk about how amazingly funny this shit is.

Also I love Bueno the Bear, like best cartoons EVER and if that's the guy making this then it can never be bad. EVER.

I'm a Brit without cable or satellite

I can't watch Adventure Time.

It's clearly one of the greatest things ever conceived of, this much was obvious from the too awesome algebraic for words pilot.

It's a horrible and torturous existence.

Help. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, lets talk about some of the music on this show, which is very well composed, IMO , shall we?

Here is what to be the ending credits song (full version I believe) which is a shame that they always cut to a commercial during it and cut off the sound. I kinda like it since it sounds calm and relaxing, and more like a soft rock tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJczYn2dvm4

There is also some good songs in the eps like the house-hunting song from the ep. Evicted. Why do I like it? I don't know, but it is just silly, fun, and doesn't sound bad at all. Maybe it could be the fact that they actually said the word SEXY in one of the lyrics (at 0:54-0:55).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJYVy3SW46k&feature=related

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy crap. This show is awesome.

I'm really obsessed with Adventure Time currently, and I've been following it since it started on Cartoon Network.

Oh and did you guys know that the title card for the most recent episode had to be down played?

Here's Finn about to stab Jake.

Yea, according to the Adventure Time blog, this title card wa based off of a sci-fi horror comic, but the network censors thought this was to extreme...

So here's Finn about to um... tickle Jake with a bagette?

And here's a gory one that the creators made as a joke (NSFW)

So yea... I really love this show...

I've seen the original short for Adventure Time and one episode of the series. Personally, I like it myself. I think it's fun to watch, it's colorful, it's innocent, and it's funny. This is how all cartoons should be...

Yea, according to the Adventure Time blog, this title card wa based off of a sci-fi horror comic, but the network censors thought this was to extreme...

So here's Finn about to um... tickle Jake with a bagette?

And here's a gory one that the creators made as a joke (NSFW)

So yea... I really love this show...

I want one of the second and third combined.

Who fucking cares what else is on this show is awesome.

We all know everything else sucks, stop talking about the obvious, and talk about how amazingly funny this shit is.

Also I love Bueno the Bear, like best cartoons EVER and if that's the guy making this then it can never be bad. EVER.

My my, defensive aren't we?

I hate the whole randomocity cliche thing that people think is funny nowadays. That's why i can't stand Adventure Time either.

Plus, the whole "It can never be bad thing" is purely your opinion. Ill stop now to prevent a flame war.

^ It's not as random as others. I think it's a lot more structured than other cartoons. The creator said in the interview I posted that he wants the characters to adhere to the world's rules, even if it's a place where extraordinary things happen. Compared to something like Invader Zim, this is much less random.