Awoo.

Adventure Time!

AdventChild

• 1 month later...

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/finn-meets-his-new-plant-doppelganger-adventure-ti-248939

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x1-two-swords/

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x2-do-no-harm/

Spoiler

And again, CN doesn’t show much TV promos for AT’s 8 season two parter and would rather show a We Bare Bears rerun instead of the usual half hour block with the previous episode with the new one.

Two Swords start with Finn in the hospital with the (finally) foreshadowed mech-arm as he retells the story of the what happened in the aftermath of Preboot/Reboot with the confrontation of the Finn and Grass Sword fusion that says and thinks he is Finn along with a funny phone conversation with a Banana Guard. Continuity from I Am A Sword is present as well as showing Finn in agreement with the Grass curse squid who is Cthulhu-like (and creepy) in nature to give birth to the fusion. So it’ll be interesting to see where this goes if Fern is going to be friend or foe. The episode ends with Fern having an identity crisis that scares poor BMO but Finn calms him down with a Finn Cake and he lies on top of the treehouse which carries onto the next episode.

Do No Harm continues with a down in the dumps Finn who remembered Susan Strong and goes to see her in the hospital and winds up taking Doctor Princess’s place as doctor after revealing that everybody doesn’t know anything, helping the fox and Ice King. Jake tries to ‘brotherly’ bond with Grass Finn while he is in an identity funk by doing things the original likes only to discover how not human he is by unable to eat and breathe. Eventually they both go out on an adventure to where the Grass Blade was originated by the Grass Wizard who said that he just created him without a purpose other than that it was cool and the wiz gets the crap beaten out of him. The Finns meet with outside the Candy Kingdom with Finn not being so good as a doctor and Grass Finn calling himself as Fern and rode off on Starchy’s midlife crisis motorcycle.

Overall, I find these to be good episodes and definite buildup for the Islands mini-series with nice continuity as well as exposition from it and I find much of the humor presented funny too. A good start for the season.

Fave Quotes:

The Banana Guard phone conversation on the beach.

Grass Finn: “Socks, trash, butt. All the stinks of home.”

Grass Finn: “Oh I remember that day when BMO lost control of the tank.”

Nurse Pound Cake: “I have a crush on Jake.”

Jake: “Look at me when I’m mad!” “Take my anger into your face!”

Jake: “He’s not becoming part of the tree or something mythological like that, is he?” Finn: “He’s just thinking.” Jake: “There’s a bird building a nest in his mouth.”

Doctor: “No, let’s see where this goes. I want to see brains.”

Starchy: “No! Starchy’s mid-life crisis!”

Regarding CN's promotion of Adventure Time. it's a real shame how they've been treating it as of late. This is one of their signature shows and they're doing a terrible job of promoting it. I know it's scheduled to end, but that's not until another year.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/jake-tries-prove-hes-still-cool-delightful-adventu-249029

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x3-wheels/

Spoiler

This episode features family matters and generational gaps about being cool as Kim Kil Whan wants to investigate onto why his daughter, Bronwyn, who is struggling in her studies and asks Jake for advice and to see what she is up to. Jake finds out she is a skateboarder with a crew and is very good at it, but when he is called a square and not cool in front of her posse, he tries his best to be cool and gains favor of her and her friends, but embarrasses her in the process, leading to a thrash off between grandpa and granddaughter.

First off, I just like Bronwyn’s cute and lovely design and that her power is turning into lightning/storm conjuring. It is funny how much Finn matured over the years, yet Jake still acts younger than his age. I also liked the cameo from Huntress Wizard when Finn played the flute. Makes you wonder what would happen if she meets Fern. Not to mention I like the look of Thrashland that is a post-apocalyptic amusement park.

Fave Quotes:

Jake: “I have a granddaughter! Psyche! I knew that!

Finn: “Dude, you’re really gonna ban your own granddaughter from her own skate park?” Jake: “Man I hope so!”

Finn: “This is a terrible idea.”

Jake: “Not the swan. That’s where the pups came from.”

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/exceptionally-weird-adventure-time-has-surprising--249118

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x4-high-strangeness/

Spoiler

Well, as the title says, “High Strangeness”, they weren’t wrong!

This episode starts with Tree Trunks getting abducted by aliens that she has met before that one happens to be her alien husband and has alien babies! After agreeing to go see PB’s free fireworks for Mr. Pig, she gets abducted again, and learning that so-called fireworks are tiny ships filled with tiny candy people and they wind up harming the aliens! Thinking that it is a probe, TT tries to protests against PB’s attempts and winds up in Starchy’s conspiracy club and plans a counterattack. Soon, TT and PB square off until she gets abducted again and can show PB the damage she has done. They make amends and decide to help each in finding a new planet for the candy people to thrive on when Ooo goes kaput.

It was really refreshing to hear TT’s granny southern drawl with her ramblings again and I really liked Starchy’s “espionage” and “sneakiness” with the high heel shoe camera, newspaper and brick wall disguise. Also, the pointless underground railway was funny. And Jake’s home theater styled chair needs to be a real product to buy!

Fave Quotes:

Tree Trunks: “I’m sorry, but she’s a fat fish in the sand!”

TT: “Don’t you condescend me, you false idol!”

Sign: Fascist in cursive and “Candy is bad for babies”

TT: “Save the galactic chillens!”

Starchy: “Please, welcome, Train Tracks!”

TT: “Let’s think it up!”

Banana Guard: “Booshy’s only prison is this wicked planet.” PB: “Yeah, well, join the club.”

Starchy: “Starchy always screams.”

PB: “WHAT!? WHAT!?” (Basically my reaction to the episode)

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/prolific-animator-returns-adventure-time-exception-249196

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x5-horse-and-ball/

Spoiler

Horse and Ball marks the return of JAAAAAAMES BAXTER, the horse who balances on a beach ball to make everyone around him happy and reference to the animator of said name who worked on Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.

The episode starts with an elder mole man about to explode/expire in front of his kin until James Baxter comes in lightens the mood that he’ll explode happily. But incidentally, that explosion pops Baxter’s ball dampening the mood and depressing the horse in the process. Jake and BMO head to the junkyard to find a beach ball while Finn and Shelby keep James company. With James, we get backstory about him leaving Manehattan-er, I mean, a destitute city of horses and comes across a cave by a river where he finds his signature ball and cheers up a new bat friend. Eventually, with help of Raggedy Princess, who decides to help because of learning that a fellow artist needs help, let’s out a huge barrage of beach balls. Finn gets Baxter out of his funk with a pep talk about being himself and doing what makes him happy which he does by dancing at the end and is a pretty nice message too.

It was surprising to see this character again and even more so that we get backstory about him as well! I also like Finn and Shelby’s dialogue along with seeing more of Raggedy Princess and her kingdom too. Not forgetting how adorable BMO was during all this.

Fave Quotes:

Elder Mole Man: “Yes. Cry, and hug me.”  “Thank you, James Baxter! Now I can explode a happy mole man!”

BMO: “We need to save this precious unicorn!”

Finn: “Normal normal. (Deep voice) So got any weekend plans? Doing anything fun for the weekend?” Shelby: “You’re really bad at this, man.”

Jake: “Truly this is a fine kingdom.”

Finn: “Want some soup? I made it out of ice cream sandwich.”

Jake: “The world is crud.”

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/princess-bubblegum-evolves-introspective-adventure-249243

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x6-jelly-beans-have-power/

Spoiler

In Jelly Beans Have Power, Princess Bubblegum tries to unlock her true elemental potential and has an internal conflict between science and magic and self-discovery.

It starts off with PB and Slime Princess having tea time as SP tells her stories along with showing off her slime powers. PB gets a bit jealous that she can’t be able to shoot more jellybeans and thinks her powers are lame. After receiving a paper airplane with a symbol, PB suddenly gets pulled into the subconscious of her mind and meets the past elemental Chatsberry that opened the unlocks her full potential. After showing off to SP, the Candy Kingdom gets under attack by a crystal entity that is a giant paper fortune teller that attacks when someone picks a number. PB uses her candy powers to defend the kingdom by using scientific components to combine with her magic finally beating the crystal entity. However, she managed to cause some damage in the process. The ending shows Patience St. Pim in front of a chart, scheming who knows what.

I really like the princesses in this one from SP’s funny sliming to PB’s acknowledgement of her powers and knowing herself little than her candy citizens. Also, having tea time with princess sound way fun in Ooo than in FiM. Also, the highlight is the ending where Patience St. Pim is plotting something by unlock PB’s powers as well with the other princesses and seems to be up to no good whatever it is. And if it’ll be related to the Island miniseries coming out next week which I’m highly anticipating (not spoiling myself with leaks).

Fave Quotes:

SP: “There’s a slime and place for everything.”

SP: “East coast slime! West coast slime! Booty slime!”

Jake: “Keep on slimin’ it, SP!”

SP: “Wait, are you jelly…of my slime?”

PB: “Finishing move!”

Candy citizen: “Don’t forget my jelly filling.”

Ice King: “Would you keep it down down there? Some of us have to work tomorrow?

Man these episodes came out of nowhere. It's kinda frustrating to me that there's like nothing for ages then all of a sudden there's a boatload. I think I kinda prefer the once a week think, because then I can make a ritual out of it with my grilfriend like when Steven U wasn't just always in bomb form. 

I've seen up to the new jamesssssssss baxterrrrrrrrrrrr ep and really loved it. I thought the one with Bronwyn and Jake (Wheels?) was awesome.

Spoiler

this exchange  Finn: “Dude, you’re really going to ban your own granddaughter from her own skate park?” Jake: “Man, I hope so.” really made my laugh, as did jake's rapid escaltation at trying to look cool, and half asleep finn trying to play the flute. Marcy and PB on a secret night date, IDK lots of stuff made me giggle

The other eps were pretty good too! I'm probably going to watch some more AT tonight.

Yeah the new episodes have been pretty good.  I Ecspecially liked the new James Baxter ep and the message behind it.  Yes it is important to bring other people joy with your art, but sometimes you have to do what makes you happy as well.

Also interested in seeing what will happen with Grass Finn Er Fern.

As for the Islands mini-series, it has been hit and miss for me so far.  There's been somega genuinely funny momentake, but I'm waiting for the part where we get answers about the other humans and hopefully Finn's past.

A bit late but here it is.

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x7-islands-part-1-the-invitation/

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x8-islands-part-2-whipple-the-happy-dragon/

Spoiler

And thus The Island miniseries set sail with the first two parters: The Invitation and Whipple the Happy Dragon!

The Invitation starts off at the beach where a manta ray like ship emerges from the water that is looking for Susan Strong and buried Mr. Cupcake in the sand. When it comes into the Candy Kingdom, Finn and Jake attacks it, but after scanning Finn and before Jake smashes it to a pulp, it strangely recognizes Finn and Susan. After analyzing the ship, PB tells them that ship is made from human technology and BMO processed the coordinates after plugging into it. We see glimpse of Susan’s resurfaced memories for a moment before agreeing to embark on a journey to the island with Finn wanting to tag along as well. They prepare for the sea trip and say their goodbyes with Finn telling Fern to watch over the Candy Kingdom and Jake saying goodbye to his kids by stretching his mouth all over the place. And episode ends with PB, Marcy, and Fern seeing the heroes ship off.

Whipple the Dragon is the first leg of the sea voyage as Jake makes a navigational course towards the island and follows it. Along the way they come across a strange an oddity of an elephant tribe summoning an elephant Mothra and a sea dragon getting attacked guys on a ship, Finn wants to help it even though Susan and Jake thinks it’s a bad idea. However, the dragon causes a storm in defense almost capsizing the boat. He later returns introduces himself as Whipple and apologizes to them and conveniently knows the way to the island and helps. But Whipple turns out to be annoying as he rambles about ideas for his novel and screenplays. Stowaway BMO comes out and yell how annoying he is which infuriates the dragon and capsizes their boat. With quick thinking Jake becomes the new ‘boat’ and the crew continues their journey only to be sidetracked when jellyfish clinging onto Jake causes him to hallucinate his parents. After curing Jake and Finn telling how important finding the island is, Whipple appears again and helps them dodging the obstacles along the way and unfortunately into the Colossus.

These first couple of episodes are decent, filled with plenty of funny moments, and sets up a nice mystery about humankind whereabouts. I really liked the parts on the beach, BMO moments, the gang saying goodbyes before setting sail, Whipple’s “annoyances”, and Jake transformations such as stretching his mouth to say goodbye to his kids, a hammock, and a boat with mermaid piece.

Fave Quotes:

Candy kid: “Cause Consuelo’s mom is a pain in the neck!”

Jake: “We’re going to look so great at this funeral!”

Finn: “You got this Finn Mertens. You’re a buff little bionic baby!” “RUSH!”

BMO: “Once again BMO comes out on top!”

Susan Strong: “Susan having crazy week!”

Jake: “With a little imagination, I can be anything that you can ever…. I lost focus. Can we borrow your boat?”

NEPTR: “Look BMO! I’m pretending to trash a hotel room!”

Marceline: “Hey, aren’t you that dude that totaled Starchy’s motorcycle?”

Finn: “Whipple you suck so much.”

BMO: “Look for a rock that looks like a chubby cat.”

Margaret: “Remember that we love you!” Joshua: “Even though you’re really letting us down!”

Susan: “Susan’s head hurts, but Susan’s head always hurting these days.”

Whipple: “Beware. Beware of the Colossus of the deep.”

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x9-islands-part-3-mysterious-island/

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x10-islands-part-4-imaginary-resources/

Spoiler

The seafaring continues in the Mysterious Island as Finn finds himself alone after getting ‘shipwrecked’ on a strange island where the weather is all wacky and disjointed (and where oddly animals where boots on their feet). After finding a small deserted settlement and trapped by a bear, he comes across a little sweet old lady named Alva, revealed through a home movie about the inhabitants and how she is the remaining human on the island. They later find Jake on the shore battling a giant crab and after, Alva draws them more islands around the area where they can find BMO and Susan Strong. Episode ends bizarrely with BMO on the moon, lounging on a chair looking at earth which leads to the next episode.

Imaginary Resources follows Finn and Jake traveling by giant parrot as they reach another island with a technological advanced human society. They find BMO heavily invested in a VR headset and try to find him into the virtual game world and receive and meet crazy avatars who are humans that spend nearly their entire time on online with little robots trying to take of them in pods. They find BMO with a beefy bod and became a mod of the server and most admired. Jake tries to save them by destroying the main computer server, releasing them from the VR. But the malnourished humans blame him for cutting them from their play and want to go back. BMO fixes it and the humans go back to their gaming and he decides with the two after some small talk.

I tend to lean towards episode 3 as I really like Alva who speaks Swedish, showing how diverse and multicultural Ooo is. And I like her interactions with Finn and animal friends and I really wanted to know more of her and the colony’s past on the island, even though the small film already says a lot about what happened. It also makes me feel sorry for her. The episode amped up the strangeness that could really surpass what happened in High Strangeness by a mile with the odd-looking avatars. Also, the real world correlation about VR being preferable over actual reality that leads to poor body and mental health and dangers of overreliance of technology which can give feelings of unease that the future could lead down this path.

Fave Quotes:

Finn: “Now I look like an idiot while I freeze to death.”

Finn: “Giant bear, come on! I fought the Lich at the edge of space time, man! You’re out of your depth. You best just roll on, brah!”

Finn: “Can I have my backpack back? Pack?”

Finn: “Are crabs robots? And what way a crab isn’t a robot?”

Jake: “Oh stuff, man! That’s the slow shake! That’s the universal death gesture!”

BMO: “What's real? Your eyeballs think the sky is blue, but that's just sun rays farting apart through the barf of our atmosphere. The sky is black.”

Jake: “Hey, you don’t kiss me! I kiss you!”

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x11-islands-part-5-hide-and-seek/

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x12-islands-part-6-min-marty/

Spoiler

Man oh man! A bunch of backstory with detailed drama bombs with these couple of episodes. One focusing on Susan Strong’s/Cara’s backstory and the other about Finn’s parents Minerva and Martin.

Hide and Seek starts with Susan Strong reminiscing about the past with the island she is on that used to be her home with Finn, Jake, and BMO. The episode is told mainly in flashback as she recollects from her childhood point of view and later down the years with her friend Frieda. It also dives into the past of the last remaining humans on the islands under the rule of the Founders which told in song by a pre-mod Dr. Gross, explaining the overprotecting and Orwellian society. Cara is being taught as a student Seeker that finds Hiders, people who want to leave the islands into the unknown, and place them in reeducation. As time goes by, Frieda becomes more of a Hider to Cara’s dismay, wanting to see what is out there which puts a strain on their friendship. Cara decides to help her escape only to have Dr. Gross take control of her and destroy Frieda’s escape ship. I really like Cara and Frieda’s friendship with this one and insight into human history.

Min and Marty reveals how Finn’s parents meet in flashback. Minerva is a Helper that is basically a doctor, helping to cure both Hiders and Seekers while Marty is a con-artist that is playing both sides helping Hiders only to send them to the Seekers. After a botched con by Marty ending him in the hospital, he meets Minerva who becomes more of babysitter to him and even saved him from being reeducated. They seem to have develop chemistry between them over time and eventually have Finn after a romantic montage. During one night with Finn while Min was at work, Marty gets attacked from a group of Hiders from a botched con he did earlier. He and Finn escapes which tells a clearer story in clarity compared to the one Marty told in the episode The Visitor to Finn and he managed to save Finn by using a laser pointer in the guardian’s eye socket. And ends with Min all alone looking out at sea.

Finishing off with the last couple of episodes and posting my thoughts as the miniseries as a whole in the same or different post.

Fave Quotes:

Martin: “I’m just a handsome bystander!”

Cara: “I have to pee!”

Frieda: “But maybe getting hurt isn’t the worst thing there is.”

Minerva: “Oh, I love busted legs!”

Minerva: “These were in the trash?” Receptionist: “I think someone died.” Min: “Oh that’s great!”

Marty’s underwear: “#1 at #2”

Marty: “Oh you have finally run out of quarters didn’t you, Marty? Poor little Marty!”

Breadstick Wand: “Hot breadsticks is what we make! We don’t make pie and we don’t make cake!”

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x13-islands-part-7-helpers/

http://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x14-islands-part-8-the-light-cloud/

Spoiler

And thus, the epic overseas saga concludes with Helpers and The Light Cloud, bringing us back to the present state of things as Finn finally meets more humans and his mom.

Helpers has our heroes landing in the most protected and civilized human island population, the last one. Finn asks about the whereabouts her mother Minerva, only to get a vague answer about her being everywhere. Finn sees Min and tries to talk to her only to receive robotic response. When Jake starts showing off to the humans and gaining unwanted attention, more Mins come into the scene, revealing them to be robots. They tranquilize the two and toss them in prison, but after analyzing them and finding out that it is her son. The bots soon lead them to a chamber with water cooled servers and an island with a monitor. It becomes a reunion with mother and son as she talks from the screen about what happened after losing both son and husband. A flashback shows Min telling Dr. Gross about her loss with the doc sending Kara/Susan to find Finn but with no luck over the years. Dr. Gross unethical experiments cause a T-Virus like outbreak sans zombies and decreased the human population. As a desperate measure, Min eventually became Skynet by uploading her brain into a super computer that controlled the bots.

The Light Cloud wraps up the miniseries as it starts with a simulation of Finn and Jake getting their boat sunk by the guardian as way for Min to convince her son to stay that it is safe and that he’ll never leave. But Finn wants to go back to live in Ooo and convinces her by showing his memories from past episodes through the monitor but the dangers just makes her overprotecting and tells Finn to become part of the system like her. However, Finn tries to pep talk the other humans into leaving the island and that they have free will to live life happy by their own decisions. Susan and BMO brings Frieda, who reluctantly accepted the Founders’ way, to hear Finn’s talk which lifts up her adventuring spirits once again. Min makes a desperate move to prevent them from leaving by unleashing a Light Cloud that would have their brains link to the computer. Finn stops her by agreeing with to be with her but before going into the pod he shows her more of his memories of him helping people in Ooo which persuades her to stop the cloud. Finn and Jake ships off towards home just after taking care of deactivating the guardian and saying goodbye to Frieda and Susan who heads off to another destination. Finn says a tearful and tearjerker goodbye to Min after talking with her from a VR set.

Will we be able to see his mom and the Islands again before series end and if we will be able to see humans traveling and settling in Ooo? Time will only tell but this has been a great miniseries nonetheless that reveals much lore of the humans along with Finn’s parents and Susan’s backstory. Again, true to AT form that it managed to tell an epic saga along with tugging emotional strings very effectively and naturally without holding much back and doing it subtly. Especially the last scenes with Finn and Min got me teary eyed, again something that AT’s has done more so than any other cartoon in recent years and still manage to mostly maintain good high quality control in writing than most out there *coughMLPFiM*cough. It goes to show how much the writers are doing their best to let AT go out with a bang for this and final season and the movie.

Fave Quotes:

Jake: “Does she have any chips or crackers or anything? Getting real tired picking batteries out of these BMO cakes.”

Minerva: “Careful citizens! Litter can be unattractive but dangerous as well!”

Jake: “You should have seen me at the flea circus! I literally stole the show!”

Jake: “I love you, but your mom is a hundred robo-clones.”

Min: “Minerva bot, hug my son!”

BMO: “Awkward feelings averted! Let’s have some soup!”

Min: “Your ruler is a piece of gum! Your friend is a vampire! You dated a bit of fire!”

Finn: “We got freedom smush up in all our guts!”

Min: “Say goodbye to your meat bodies!”

Min: “You can’t teach a fish to dance overnight, son.”

Finn: “What an adventure, yellow stretching dog!” Jake: “You said it, beautiful baby boy!”

BMO: “When do I fire the torpedoes?”

• 1 month later...

http://www.newsarama.com/33804-ben-10-reboot-5-new-shows-lead-cartoon-network-s-2017-18-line-up.html

Adventure Time is coming back with another miniseries. We don't know when, though.

Apparently it's supposed to be centered around what Finn and the others find when they return home, but truth be told, I think this was never meant to be an actual miniseries. Like the Steven bombs before they began being written around the concept, I think this is just a group of several episodes CN will bunch together and air like it's a miniseries to hopefully make more money off of it than they would had they aired the show like they have been for a while now (AKA airing it maybe sometimes and not promoting it), and getting it over with all in a burst so they never have to air anything other than fucking teen fucking titans fucking go.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'd be weird to have two mini series back to back like this...but it'll probably still be given a special intro anyway. No normal schedule for this show, it's only ever aired in batch...whatever.

• 4 weeks later...

https://flixreel.club/episodes/adventure-time-8x15-the-orb/

Spoiler

The episode The Orb acts as a transition of sorts from one miniseries to another. Even if it is a series of dream sequences, it does a good job in both foreboding/foreshadowing of things to come out of this miniseries or even future episodes in relation to it. Really like the appearance of past characters such as Jake’s parents and Jermaine, AMO, the blue alien, and The Moon from Stakes. Also, really like the appearance of Nightmare Princess and like to see her again soon.

So a pretty decent episode before descending into the distorted state of Ooo

Fave Quotes:

BMO: Goodnight weird orb.

Jake: “Ay, Jake home!” Joshua: “Ay, Joshua home too!”

Finn: “Just gonna float around like a chubby bat.”

Joshua: “Dig faster, you dew droppers!”

BMO: “Boohoo, now it’s too relatable!”

Jake: “This fall is taking longer than I thought it would. I wish we had a game to pass the time til we plunge to our deaths.”

Spoiler

The Elements miniseries starts off the episode Skyhooks where Finn, Jake and BMO finally reach Ooo only to find it in a very pink and sugary state that could make a diabetic cry in fear. They find their treehouse and Fern and Shelby turned into candy people and are very optimistic happy about anything and everything. Then they encounter Sweet Pea who had been unchanged, most likely due to The Lich within and they meet a creepy Mr Pig and Tree Trunks (who is melting). They even meet up with Marceline now Marshmaline the Campfire Queen and PB who is now a giant gum tower who almost turned them into candy until Ice King saved them with his skyhooks. Well, BMO gets turned into a gumdrop because how much he was liking it there was funny and I do like the banter between Finn mentioning how things are weird and Jake dismissing it.

The next episode Bespoken For provides backstory of how Ooo got into the condition it is in now, but unfortunately told by Ice King so you know he’ll get sidetrack in his storytelling. But still provided information to Finn and Jake and the audience of what happened during the last miniseries. He retold about Patience St. Pim getting more magical resources to make a battery for her purification spell and how he got into birdwatching. Magic Betty comes in to have a direct approach to have IK remember her and his Simon self and goes on a date with him which sadly doesn’t go too well as her plan to get him remember fails. After talking with Tiny Manticore, which was funny when she compared them as two shadows or ghosts in limbo, she decided to take and accept IK as he is. It seems to go well when she visits him again only to get kidnapped by Pim to use her powers as the battery for the spell that lead to the current situation. And ending with Jake making a pun out of Patience’s name. A nice couple of episodes to start off this miniseries.

Spoiler

The miniseries continues with Winter Light as Finn, Jake, and Ice King attempt to retrieve Betty from the Ice Kingdom or Snow Dome. As they travel inside Santa Claus sled style, the look inside is interstellar with the snow shining like stars in the dark. And encounter Carol from the episode The Tower who used to be a cloud person but now fully ice and enjoying her life in her new state. They reached her pyramid to see everyone there in a depressed state including Patience who explained that the spell worked too well that it enhanced the other Elementals’ powers but it overwhelmed and consumed them, leading to Ooo’s current state. IK escapes with a frozen Betty and Finn with a ‘Cooler’ Jake. They defrost Betty who says she needs the Enchiridion to undo the spell, which Finn reveals that he took the one from Farm World dimension. And Betty laughs maniacally.

Cloudy gives us some brotherly bonding and comfort and a chill episode that takes a breather of what has happening. It starts with Finn getting antsy about the state of Ooo and wanting to do something about. This annoys and distracts Betty that he asks Jake to care of him and he does so by tucking him to bed. Unfortunately, the cloud they slept on broke off, leaving them stranded in a sea of sky. They try to get off, but Jake couldn’t since he had to go to the bathroom. In great writing and character development, they try haircut therapy to understand what each other feels about the situation and knowing what to do and their frustrations. They also come across a cloud on a door revealed to be an angular cloud lard that eventually takes them back to IK and Betty who discovered a spell that involves the princesses’ crown jewels.

Slime Central takes a slime disguised Finn and Jake to a changed slime kingdom that mostly party all the time and roller-skates in a roller rink with Slime Princess in the center looking like Java the Hut. They meet up with slime versions of familiar characters like Breakfast Princess, Hotdog Princess, Party Pat, Abracadaniel, and LSP who later reveals that her lumps prevent her from being corrupted like everybody else and plays a huge part later. After witnessing a skate battle, Finn and Jake plan to compete in the skate competition so they can be absorbed (Skate to Assimilate) to retrieve SP’s crown, but they lose only to find out the losers get absorbed as well. After Finn gets the crown, Jake gives in to be fully absorbed into SP, having LSP to make the save as they escape. Finn gets saddened by losing his brother, but LSP surprisingly motivates Finn to continue the mission by saying that the duo always win no matter what. Good to see some nice characterization from her.

Spoiler

The miniseries goes on with Happy Warrior as Finn, LSP, and Gunther tackle the Fire Kingdom territory which became more violent in the purification process. The group tries to avoid getting attacks by its inhabitants including a flame Lady Rainicorn and Wyatt, Tree Trunk’s ex hubby, as well as Finn and Gunther trying to control their violent tendencies. They soon encounter a dragon with Flame Princess’s jewel only to discover that the dragon is FP. However, Finn (and eventually Gunther) give in to the flame territories control and join in on the fighting, transforming them in the process. LSP yells at them to stop fighting each other which happens but they misinterpret her anger and start on the war path against the Candy Kingdom in the end. Cinnamon Bun who was immune to the elemental powers could only say that this is the end of Ooo.

Hero Heart continues as LSP tries to get Finn back to normal, but fails the first time. Betty and IK tries to intervene only to get swatted away from FP. ‘War’ wages between both Fire and Candy Kingdom yet the candy people seem to be oblivious and enjoy it. LSP gets upset to see the fight going, but after eating part of Marceline, she manages to get Finn’s hero heart by letting him eat a part of PB. Remembering the times, he had with her returns Finn to normal. PB then expands her elemental influence (by a sweet song) to infect others into becoming obedient candy citizens, reaching even farther into the other kingdoms except for Finn who got saved by LSP again. Finn nabs the three jewels and bring them to Betty who just takes them for herself and leaves Finn behind who becomes surrounded by candy people.

This leads to the conclusion of the miniseries with Skyhooks 2 as Betty takes IK to cloud place so she can use a time traveling spell in the enchiridion to prevent Simon from ever wearing the crown. She even talks about preventing the Mushroom War which even shocks an onlooking Prismo and Cosmic Owl. Though it was very emotional when she talked about how looking at him was like looking at a funhouse mirror.  However, her plan is wrecked when IK wrecks the spell, teleporting her to Mars and meets Normal Man now its current ruler. While PB’s influence spreads, Finn figures out why LSP hasn’t been infected and that is because her lumps are anti elemental. With this and the princess gems that IK returns, LSP infuses herself in the ground and spreads her influence to counteract the elemental powers, bringing everything back to normal. Even Sweet Pea’s horns are back to normal (Looks like The Lich is making a comeback soon enough) and Jake looking like his alien shapeshifting parent. Despite his new haircut, Finn is just glad to have his brother back again.

Even though I prefer The Islands miniseries over this for its world building and revealing much of Finn’s parents and the remainder of human civilization, this one still is a good follow up nonetheless with seeing Ooo in this messed up elemental state that feels like discovering a new world/landscape. Also, really have LSP being the true heroine here along with nice development and funny lines to boot. And had much tension in it and the conclusion leads to more things to look forward too, such as, what is happening to Jake and how he’ll get back to normal? What is Betty going to do now on Mars with Normal Man? And then some as AT continues and draws to a close throughout this season and into the last one (and probably the movie) and I’ll continue on as well.

• 2 months later...

Just spreading the word that Adventure Time is coming back on July 17th and there have been some new previews up too.

I love Adventure Time.  Jake is my favorite character.  I also happen to have all of the AT games for the 3DS.  My favorite one is the 3rd one they made.  I remember I had an AT shirt, but I got rid of it since it didn't fit me anymore.  A really really fun show to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t have any links for the episodes sadly (only from watchcartoononline which had problems when I posted links) and trying to quickly get my thoughts out with the current batch of eps. starting with Abstract, Ketchup and Fiona and Cake and Fiona. Though I'm sure that full eps are on Youtube or some other torrent site.

Spoiler

Abstract: This episode centers around Jake’s new blue alien form that nearly everybody is uncomfortable with yet Jake still says that he is the same. I like the notion about dealing with change from both outside and inside point of view along with acknowledging of that change when you don’t even know it or deny it. Also, I like return of Dirt Beer Guy, James, Bryce and Jermaine and the strange dreamscape as well as the ending scene where Jake returns to normal.

BMO: Jake is a crab!

Ketchup: This episode centers around BMO and Marceline as they retell and catchup what happened in the recent miniseries, mainly The Islands and The Elements with a small reference to Stakes in the beginning, but in their own ways with new (guest) animation. All the while waiting for Marceline’s old thumb drive to load. BMO’s account of the Island adventure is more a trippy dream involving multi-legged cats and blue jay with Mordecai’s voice and flying ships while Marceline tells her account that preludes The Elements miniseries where Patience St. Pim transforms PB into a monster. And told with lollipops and potatoes.

It ends with the contents of the USB showing a slide show of Marcy and her mom at a beach. BMO then tells a sweet story about The Girl and The Moon Lady that really hits home:

Fiona and Cake and Fiona: It is a Fiona and Cake episode of a different sort as it takes place in the Land of Ooo and not Aaa, centering on Ice King’s fan-fic obsession. It starts off with Finn, BMO and Jake fighting monsters in the river only to go to Ice King’s Fiona and Cake reading soon after. Only to be interrupted by Fiona herself! Well, it is revealed later on that she was an old rabbit woman who happened to be a fan too, but through this an interesting thing has been revealed that Fiona and Cake happens to be some kind of TV show from the past or some other dimension, which explains how she knows it and has a video tape of it. It also brings in a meta/Inception vibe to it, esp. when the Banana Guard asked about who was recording Fiona and Cake’s mummy adventure.

On 7/16/2017 at 0:55 AM, AdventChild said:

Just spreading the word that Adventure Time is coming back on July 17th and there have been some new previews up too.

Whaaaaat? I swear Cartoon Network's completely random release schedule is going to be the death of me. I'm gonna catch up tonight If I can I think, might be a nice chaser after watching ep 11 of the new Twin Peaks.

Spoiler

Whispers: This episode begins with Finn and Fern fishing together and how Fern has low esteem due to the events of The Elements and how he donked it up of letting it happen. As Finn tries to console him, they encounter Sweet Pea running into the woods. He tells them about the whispers that he had been hearing, revealed later than it is Farm World Lich’s hand from the episode Crossover that had been trying to corrupt him. The Lich is defeated by Sweet Pea who knocks out Fern to follow Finn and resists his influence and stabs him with Finn’s sword. Fern has an internal conflict with himself and then plans on getting rid of Finn to become the real one at the end.

Really liked the continuity nods in this one as well as more of Lich and Ron Perlman goodness. Though something tells me that he will return again and probably something that can force Sweet Pea to turn. As of now though, what Fern is planning currently is worrisome and that is revealed in the next episode…

Three Buckets: This episode reveals Fern’s new ability of copying others, mostly Finn, when he fooled Jake and others before he goes to the vuvuzela store. Fern leads Finn to adventuring in some ruins only to trap him into a ziggurat room. A trapped Finn then discovers his robot arm had special features including Weed Whacker, Drill, and even Cursed Scroll and Ear Piercer. After escaping, Finn and Fern fight each other until Finn accidentally let his arm eviscerate his grass counterpart. Finn comes home beaten to Jake and BMO who console him. It ends with a torn apart yet still alive Fern being put into a bucket by a strange newcomer with unknown motives who might be a future villain or antagonist. It’ll be interesting to see how this will play out and what will happen to Fern.

BMO: I know that look! You just killed someone!

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

Oh boy a new round of Adventure Time starts and CN does nothing to show it. So this episode is entitle The Wild Hunt where Jake and Finn try to stop a monster called The Grumbo, named later by Huntress Wizard that is a banana fudge monster created in some kind of lab. But slaying it proves difficult for Finn as he couldn’t get over him murdering Fern. When it escapes into the woods, he meets up with HW and follows the monster into its lair and HW gets Finn out of his funk (sort of) and the monster is slain.

It really like Finn and HW’s chemistry here and I’m growing fonder of them as a couple as they complement well with one another. We also get to see the newest villain named Agooji/Aguji(?) who created the monster and is planning something big with Fern. And seems to have a beef with PB whatever it may be and his relationship to her is a mystery. Maybe a byproduct of the Mother Gum perhaps?

Fave Quotes:

Jake: Aw dude, you’re doing the thing again!

Jake: “Love ya forever man, but your guilt is hurting the team’s dynamic”…”I’m gonna make peace with my aging body”

Always BMO Closing stars BMO, of course, as he starts his first day as a salesman with Ice King giving him a boost in height as his torso beneath a trench coat. The duo goes out and managed to sell a branch to Tree Trunks that she uses as a backscratcher. They eventually end up at Aguji’s lair where BMO’s sells him Finn’s baby teeth who later turns them into little Finn babies that attack them at their home. They manage to beat the babies with hammers that they ‘buy’ from BMO.

The sale at Tree Trunks home was very funny when they took the wad of cash just for a branch and surprising to have more continuity. Though with it being the last season I shouldn’t be, but still interesting to see how this will tie together.

Fave Quotes:

BMO: Those nuts could be ours!

Jake: Still it’s tough seeing your kid get his heart set on doing something he really sucks at.

BMO: Oh sure, I sold your baby teeth. I could have sell any part of you.

Ice King: I’m not allowed to wear my crown. It’s against BMO’s dress code.

Jake: These baby smashing hammers are great!

IK: The Iceman Leaveth.