Awoo.

Adventure Time!

AdventChild

Well, like with Steven Universe recently, new episodes for Adventure Time along with Regular Show and Gumball are now being shown on Thursdays starting in June for a block entitled Fresh New Thursdays. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egjnuwhyKSU

• 3 weeks later...

Oh boy, was this a total risqué episode, (more so than most AT eps)! Finn tries to go on the princess rebound as well as cheer up his about to be wilting flower and befriends a bee named Breezy that helps him along the way. It is definitely an enjoyable episode with great use of music with Finn and Breezy who’s trying to figure out what love means to her as well. Not to mention the unexpected that is witnessing the return of Finn’s arm esp. this quickly. Though that green thorn/stump in his palm could signal the return of the cursed grass blade or maybe even something more grass related to his arm perhaps?

Highlights: Finn: “But I’ve been pounding pickle juice like I was preggos.”, Return of Doctor Princess as well as other princesses like Breakfast Princess and Raggedy Princess, who struggled to drink her juice, the entire beach party scene, LSP: “You ain’t my man! So why you all up in my lumps?!”, Crab Princess’s design, Breezy: “Yeah, wingman! I’m a girl…but, alright!”, Finn’s princess make out/dating montage, Yogurt Princess, Jake changing his head shape because he wanted to do something new, the southern styled bee battle, Bee: “Mind your B(ee)’s and Q’s chump!” Breezy’s queen transformation, LSP: "I didn't wait infinity for a dip in the kiddie pool! We're taking this to the deep end!" Finn: "But… I'm not a good swimmer." LSP: "Don't be scared, Finn. Lumpy's on lifeguard duty.", Finn and Breezy’s Disney-esque singing throughout, and the way Finn’s arm returns with the tree sprout.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow. Oh wow oh wow

oh wow.

This episode hit me right in the gut; Finn's "I feel nothing; beep bep boop boop" followed by slumping down the hospital bed and walking towards the beach bent over backwards singing that song... oh gawd, I feel that way right now. I loved that walking scene so much.

As for the rest of it... Finn's belief that "making out" is just a quick peck is adorably naive but understandable; if his first kiss was Flame Princess, anything longer than a quick peck would have melted his face off!

Breezy sort of reminded me of myself when I was a teen as well... so yeah, seeing my dreadful behaviour in cartoon form was a little cringeworthy for me.

LSP however, was hilarious and totally smacked those ridiculous memories right out of the park! XD I see she got over Brad awkardly smooching her!

Finn's arm returning was lovely. :3 The blossom tree exploding, revealing the sap inside... and the little reminder that the grass sword's curse is eternal, in the form of a new shoot... wow.

Mhm mhm, Adventure Time. 

Hey guys. So, yeah this is my first post on here and hot damn what can I say? Adventure Time is a pretty good show and I watched it every time a new episode came out. That is, until season 3. I dunno what happened, but for some reason season 3 was really up and down for me. I think they started spreading out the episodes more, I believe the writing had gone downhill. I dunno, the series just started boring me. But from what I heard from yous folks over here the series really picks up afterwards. 

So, from what I remember last time I saw Adventure Time, a new princess was introduced and Finn fell for her and they tried doing all sorts of drama and crap. Stuff I don't watch Adventure Time for. I caught onto Adventure Time because of the silly, wacky humour. From what I get however, later episodes try a more narrative approach as in trying to tell a big story. Is this just a phase or does the rest of the series become like this? Because if so, I don't think I'll get back into it. Hell, one of the reasons I stopped watching is because CN got cut off my subscription.

Anyway, if anyone could tell me how things go in terms of how the show changes after or midway season 3 and all that, I'd appreciate it. 

Later season are kind of a mix of both; some episodes are the silly, humorous type, others and the more serious, narrative stuff.

Holy fudge, LSP kinda crossed the line in this episode. The subtext is skin-crawlingly creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT8pFI2HeqQ

Hot Daniel, it's the preview of the new Fionna and Cake episode! Starring....Lumpy Space Prince?

Though in all seriousness, sounds pretty interesting even just for the fact that it's LSP and Ice King, a couple of characters that haven't got much screen time together.

• Thumbs Up 2

Peter Serafinowicz is Lumpy Space Prince! hahaha! Awesome.

I wanna know when we'll see Flame Prince! :B Cmon Ice King; write more fanfiction! :P

So. much. innuendo! They really went all out with it in the dialogue for this episode.Yet at the same time, this episode was just adorable! I got a laugh out Finn thinking "making out" was simply a quick peck. I can understand why though considering his first kiss with Flame Princess.

Finn's arm returning was expected, yet great to see. I loved how the whole scene played out too. It was just too cute. Definitely one of the best episodes this season.

Like how A Glitch is a Glitch is done by guest animator David O’Reilly, this great trippy and visually/sound heavy colorful episode about the food chain is done by guest animator, anime artist Masaaki Yusua http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaaki_Yuasa  (The Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba, Cat Soup, episodes of Space Dandy and Samurai Champloo, Kemonozume). What I also like is how fluid the animation was and managed to be very surreal and somewhat educational yet fitting. I wouldn’t mind if Masaaki Yusua could do another episode (or movie/anime series) and maybe have Studio Ghibli (or maybe Gainax or Shaft) do an episode (or movie/anime series) too in season 7, if there is a next season that is.

Highlights: The opening scene with the candy kids at the museum, Terry: “Yo, Princess Bubblegum! Do birds play football?”, Magic Man, Finn and Jake as birds singing and eating the caterpillars, Finn running away from the hungry bird and then becoming one who tried to eat Jake, Jake: “Did you just and to eat me?” Finn: “No…but if I did, that would be OK, right?”, Finn and Jake as bacteria and the flowers, Erin the caterpillar voiced by Minty Lewis AKA Eileen from Regular Show, the three eating the plants in the oasis, Finn and Erin getting married, caterpillar: “Hey is that my butt. Man, it’s been a while!”, Finn: “When we’re reborn as caterpillars, I’ll marry you all over again!” Erin: “That’s beautiful, Finn! But when we’re bacteria, I might see other people.”, and the food chain musical number at the end along with how it feels like it cycles back to the kids playing in the bird.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-6-episode-8-furniture-meat

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventure-time-furniture-meat-206041

Talk about “Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems” with this episode and turning the whole Money/Power Abuse trope on its head as Finn and Jake try to spend their overhaul of loot in the utmost strangeness of ways from furniture and meat to sitting on Wild berry princess’s head! Yeah, Jake has been a bit of a jerk though in this of how the money made him mad with power to even force a couple to do…things in bed while he watches! Things like switching sides of the bed! I also like how this episode is more akin and has those earlier seasons feel such as it definitely fits in with Season 2 or 3 and still be good.

Highlights: BMO and NEPTR playing Robin Hood, NEPTR: “En guard!” BMO: “On Blitzen!”, return of the Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant, APTE: “I continue to chill.”, Nicknames for money in this episode: dosh, swash, ish, smoosh, cheddar, crunkle, skrilla, bribing the strawberry guard, Finn: “Go buy the most expensive meats and furniture to adorn our new fountain home!”, the upper middle class berry kids, Jake: “How much do you think I could pay them to lick the dust off of all this dusty stuff?”, Finn trying to give out money to the berry bums and beating them up, “M-m-m-m-Money” song, Wildberry princess in the meat spa bath, Wildberry princess: “We will deal with you swiftly and ironically by encasing you in your own molten gold!”, Robin Hood BMO saving the day and shooting Jake with an arrow, and losing the last gold piece in a floorboard hole. 

• Thumbs Up 1

FLAMEPRINCEFLAMEPRINCEFLAMEPRINCEFLAMEPRINCE! Yeah!

I <3 that Peter Serafinowicz voiced Lumpy Space Princess. For our 'Murcan buddies, Serafinowicz is a British comedian, voice actor and Twitter addict and he is heeelarious. :B

I like that these Fionna and Cake Adventures seem to be written by a different resident of Ooo, and in some way show how said character sees themselves. The last one being Marceline writing about Marshall Lee and that she likes to tease people, and this one about LSP and how she sees her situation. :D

I hope that the next one is that in order to apologise for badonging up the Ice Kingdom, Flame Princess writes a Fionna and Cake Adventure for Ice King… properly introducing the audience to Flame Prince. Finn somehow overhears FP reading the story, and realises what a great big dumb butt he’s been. :B That would be grease.

Another gender-bended adventure happens in this week’s episode as LSP kidnaps and ties up Ice King a la Misery style and she has him read aloud her Fionna and Cake fanfiction “The Prince Who Wanted Everything” starring Lumpy Space Prince voiced by Peter Serafinowicz (who does a fantastic job btw)! Definitely liked it and had myself cracking up a bit when LSP sang. Not to mention how the whole episode does feel like one’s  fanfiction coming to life, well, one by LSP’s standards and Cake’s 4th wall breaking quips that probably signifies Ice King questioning the fanfic than it being written in the story itself.  Also, probably the first time we’ve seen LSP and IK conversing and interacting together.

Highlights: Ice King kidnapped by LSP Misery style, Ice King: “Okay, might as well. At least, until the cops show up”, LSP: “No! That’s not how I sound! Read it in a better voice!”, showering the peasants with gold dipped sandwiches, LSP having the forest animals do his bidding, first appearance of Flame Prince along with cameos of Marshall Lee, Turtle Prince and Gumball, LSP: “Do you like my freaky clothes?”, LSP’s shoujo anime face and peasant look, Cake: “How’d he know your name?”/“Y’all seein’ those big floaty faces?”, LSP: “Wait. Where are your baby tables?”/“This poorly made sandwich has enlightened me!”, LSP’s song, Magic Woman’s appearance, Fionna: “Only your fierce spirit can defeat your evil family. And this sword.”, Cake: “Haha. Cake’s helping!”, defeating and evening killing LSP’s parents by saying “I don’t care”, and the rabid possum going up IK’s tunic. 

As the title indicates, something big did happen! The death of Root Beer Guy! Oh, and the return of Maja the Witch, the battle with Darren which had some of that Attack on Titan vibes going on, and Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant having an existential crisis after Finn letting him go, making him to take care of her for the time being. So yeah, it was something big alright!

Highlights: PB: RIP RBG, Gridface Princess, Maja summoning Darren and the moon eye, Colonel Candy Corn talking about his love life and acting like a bad @$$ on the battlefield, the summoning of the legion of Cadmus and their designs, PB getting into ‘that biz’ on the laser shooting swan, Maja: “Eat it, tranch!”, Ice King: “Yo! Leave me out of it!”, Finn attacking Darren’s brain seed, Banana Guard: “Well, I guess my kids still have a daddy.”,  Finn: “I’ll make the guuuuaaaaac”, Ant: “I’m doing this for a reason. What choice is there?”,  Maja: “Are you powerful?” Eli: “Yes. I can fly and do lasers from my nose.”, Eli: “For now I am the match and the candle.” Maja: “Whu?”, the caterpillar saying that he’ll eat the leaf/plant (possible Food Chain reference?), and the “In Memory of” title cards at the end.

An episode about Shelby? Check Please! But (emphasis on but) it’s also about his new little butt brother voiced by Thurop Van Orman, creator of Misadventures of Flapjack, that he got from a parkour accident during the party in Jake’s viola. Shelby tries to be a good big brother to Kent by telling him that he needs to go fight bad guys (or girls….don’t discriminate!) which leads Kent into the Roots and on a heroic quest to fight the Rat King. Even though it is your stereotypical hero in trials and temptations story, the writing and characters/interactions still made this episode fun. Also, is it just me or did this episode had a feel similar to Secret World of Arrietty and Secret of Nimh?

Highlights: The party in Jake’s viola, the Dancing Bug, Shelby attempting parkour, Butty Butterson, Shelby: “Myth is a powerful force in my life, dude.”, Kent: “Someday, you’ll be Kent’s food.”, Kent growing limbs, Shelby: “So go fight some bad guys! Or girls…Don’t discriminate!”, The Rat King, Leafbeard and the blacksmith, Kent: “I’m from my brother’s butt.”, the look of the Root World, the three trials with the rats, Kent: “I don’t care about being a good husband….or wife.”, Kent: “I was born earlier today so I don’t really get a sense of my own mortality.”, Kent: “I name this sword: Punch Party!”, the battle between Kent and the Rat King, Kent: “I’m making it up as I go!”, the duet/song with Shelby and Kent, and Shelby’s ending monologue along with the final shot of the Willow treehouse in full bloom.

This is shaping up to be one of lighter seasons we've had in a long time.

• 8 months later...

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-6-episode-31-walnuts-and-rain

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventure-time-walnuts-rain-216184

The episode Walnuts and Rain leads Finn and Jake into a hole where they meet with two different paths and fates. One leads Finn into the house of a huge fat prince that just sits around and waits for his cuckoo clock to chime while his Food Boys feed him. The other leads Jake into an endless drop with a starving bear named 7718 or Bill, voiced by Breaking Bad’s Badger/Matt Jones, that plays something like Solitaire on a parachuted wagon.

I really like how the two scenarios and paths they were both on become intertwined in the end. The episode seem to convey how patience and the able to wait is a good thing to have, but being inactive while you wait has negative consequence hence Prince Huge’s obese condition. At least, that’s what I think.

Also, pretty good action and parkour on Finn’s part when evading and fighting the prince and his Food Boys and 7718/Bill the bear is making me miss Party Pat and the party bears. Kinda hope they come back soon. Not to mention how much this ep has an Over the Garden Wall feel to it.

Highlights: Finn: “Man that was Algebraic.”, Finn describing what he was going to do when they both got home, Prince Huge’s kingdom, Prince Huge and the Food Boys, P.Huge: “You fell through that crack in my ceiling and landed into normal size pie!”,  In Toil We Krimber on the clock, 7718/Bill the bear, Jake; “My cabbage aches a little.”, 7718/Bill: “You can call me 7 for short.”, the clock chiming, P:Huge: “Yes, yes, tie him up with normal spaghetti and bring him food.”, 7’s flashback, 7: “Sometimes walnuts fall into the hole and sometimes rain. And I guess that was enough. ”, Jake: “Free Cell?” 7: “Yeah, it’s like Solitaire but there is a few unsolvable shuffles.”, 7’s reaction to playing cards with Jake, Finn’s complex imaginary plan, Finn: “Hey, you guys like clean jokes?”,  Finn chucking cake into the Food Boys’ mouth, Finn: “I’m not tryin’ to escape anymore. I’m gonna murder your stupid clock, you psycho!”, P.Huge getting off his throne, Finn fighting the Food Boys and shattering the clock, Jake and 7 freestyle rapping with cards (my fave part), Jake punching P.Huge, and 7: “I want a giant flippin’ hotdog.” Finn: “Ugh, don’t you know that those things are made out of the grossest junk?” 7: “Man I don’t give a toot!”

• 1 month later...

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-6-episode-32-friends-forever

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventure-time-friends-forever-218128

Furniture, philosophy and humor collides when Ice King tricks and uses the Life-Giving Magus ‘s powers to create his own circle of friends with his furniture whose intelligence are beyond his comprehension and become way condescending towards him. It’s like some kind of demented PeeWee Herman scene where the furniture is self-aware and don’t really make silly jokes but philosophize about everything.

Lesson: Furniture/possessions can tell a lot about a person, but when they start telling hurtful things about you and act smarter than you, you put them on ice!

Though they do know about Simon and kept calling Ice King that so did he own these things just when Simon was still in control? Hmm.... Though this episode seems to show more of Ice King’s/Simon’s mental degradation because of the crown and how much smarter the furniture is compared to him. Not to mention that they want bring Ice King to their level by calling him Simon and accept the reality of it all while Ice King tries to do the opposite.

Poor Lamp who tried to keep the peace and help Ice King yet failed to help them connect. At least, she ‘survived’ when the Magus took away her spirit. 

Highlights: Gunther knocking stuff over, Life-Giving Magus: “I brought tiny umbrellas!”, Fiona and Cake book: “Write in me! Write in me! Fill my pages!”, Ice King: “Come on! Be a Bro, Bro!”, IK: “A lady? Unexpected bonus!” Lamp: “Well one isn’t purely defined by their sex or gender. I have yet to find out who I really am. I have freedom, no longer bound by the limits of my core. Freedom to shape my reality, and in turn be shaped by it.”, Lamp: “Humor is the highest form of intelligence.” Ice King: “Well hey, here’s something funny. [Makes fart sounds with hands.] It sounds like a butt!”, IK: “I can never have enough friends…Ha ha ha more friends!”, Snare Drum: “Sure, we all feel alive now, but how do we know it’s not all, you know, just an illusion? I can reach out and touch you, but it’s all just signals to the brain, easily recreateable with the right technology.”, Nihilism funnies, Abracadaniel frozen in ice, “Random…Words…Light up.”, Microwave: “Through the simple act of creation, have I become a reflection of my own creator?”, Microwave: “Excuse me, I have to silently back away now.”, Drawer Drawer filled with IK’s diapers, IK: “No, go away. Dummies only in this corner.”, Lamp: “Look. I get it. We’re brilliant furniture, and that’s hard to keep up with.”, IK: “Drawer Dresser, you were going to be my improv coach!” Drawer Dresser: “Yes and?”, locking up the crown in Drawer Dresser, Furniture: “Cry Simon cry! Cry Simon cry!”, IK taking the barbell and smashing the drawer to get his crown, Lamp returning back to normal, and IK and LGM with the book at the end.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventure-time-jermaine-218498

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-6-episode-33-jermaine

Bonus article: http://www.newsarama.com/24267-brandon-graham-joins-adventure-time-tv-show-to-introduce-finn-jake-s-mysterious-brother.html

A disturbed dream Jake has drags him and Finn to visit his recluse brother Jermaine who has parental as well as demonic issues.

When I heard and recognize, Greg Universe’s voice coming out of Jermaine, I was definitely enthralled. However, I can remember his voice being different in his debut episode The Crystals Have Power from season 2. Not that I mind much about it though. Jermaine did serve much of a contrast in lifestyles compare to Finn and Jake who are much looser and free compared to his lifestyle built upon systems and responsibility which unfortunately makes him feel trapped when getting stuck with Joshua’s belongings that belong to demons.

Definitely liked the continuity nods especially with that one curved hallway seen from Memory of a Memory. Also, liked the designs of the demons and overall how much visually rich and detailed this is. Definitely liked Cloud Strife’s Buster Sword reference and how they made fun of it by calling it too unwieldy and dense. Brandon Graham really did a good job in this ep and hopefully he’ll do some more guesting in the future.

Highlights: Jakes’ Lady Rainicorn dream, Jermaine in the bear suit, Jermaine’s mantra, can mug with a face, Jake: “I’d hate it if my kids didn’t ever see each other. Or if Viola shoved Jake Jr. down a dreamhole.” Finn: “Jermaine’s always been kind of a dreamhole.”,the strange device Finn has been working on (comet/Martin’s ship related maybe?),  Finn: “There’s a lot more demons here than I remembered.” Jake: “Yeah, the only constant is change, bro.”, the demon designs, Demon: “Give me my cup or I’ll skullcup you!”, Jermaine: “They can’t cross the circle. It’s made from dad’s old shaman-blessed, sage-infused salt.”, Demon: “Return my cup! Return my cup! Stop poking me!” Jermaine: “Instant regret!”, Finn: We did this when we wanted to make room for dessert!”, Buster Sword gags, Jermaine: “Go do your Goucho Marx slapstick with them goofballs in the woods.”, Booty Jermaine needs to protect: staves, medallions, cups, goblins, dormant djinn, grimoires, hard drives., Jermaine: “Open ya sissy!”, Boo Boo Soosa and his song, Jermaine: “You’re never gonna taste my carne asada, Bryce.”, Jermaine: “Dang, dude, this fried rice destroys.”, Jake: “But I’ll look decent when I triple combo this bozo with this thing!”, kitchen fight scene and Jermaine with Ghostbuster tech, Jermaine’s rant to Jake, Jermaine: “Think I don’t want a cushy treehouse life? I don’t even get salt! SAAAALT!”, Jermaine’s multi-punch combo, flying shoe, Finn: “Hand fire.”, Jake: “If you punch me again, I’m gonna fart.” (Jermaine punches.) (Jake farts.) (Jermaine laughs.) (Jake farts again.), Jermaine being comfortable with the house burning down, Bryce: “Dang, has it been so bright out here? Makes me wanna explode the sun and banish the world into darkness.”, and Jake in Boo Boo Soosa’s skin.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-6-episode-34-chips-ice-cream

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventure-time-chips-and-ice-cream-218815

Been awhile since we’ve seen a BMO episode and does it really deliver its adorable charm esp. with BMO and Chips and Ice Cream, BMO’s favorite entertainers that become attached to Jake after Morty Rogers transfers them to him.

I have to say that this is a fairly nice and cute episode. Sure, not as good as last week’s, but still find it to be fine. Really liked how Jake was chill when stuck with Chips and Ice Cream while Finn tries his best to ignore them and Morty slowing slipping out of sanity when separated from his two attachments. Usually with most cartoons we don't see the one who first bare the burden of a 'curse' ever again after giving it someone else and I like how they kept him involved.

Highlights: Family of chubby bunnies, Jake: “What the stuff was that?”, Chips and Ice Cream, Sushi Burgers, BMO: “Give the man what he wants.”, BMO: “No flippin’ way!” “This is the greatest day of my life!”, Chips and Ice Cream getting transferred to Jake, Morty Rogers, Jake using a towel to cover them up, the farmer’s market scene, the shop owner that sold ice cream of many different flavors including eggs and bacon, Chips and Ice Cream’s song and BMO findings on what it means, Morty’s breakdown as he dances to the chipped record music, make sock puppets of the two and bathing in chips and ice cream, Morty coming back to them, BMO trapping the spirits and setting them free, and the two spirits kissing the bird.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-6-episode-35-graybles-1000

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventure-time-graybles-1000-219135

Cuber gives the viewers another batch of graybles as well as using them to survive on a planet that is actually a more desolate futuristic Ooo while on the run from an alien race that tries to kill after crashing their wedding and killing the bride.

It is definitely an interesting twist on the whole Grayble side of things and seeing a (possible) far distant and desolate future of Ooo. Not to mention seeing some of the familiar sites radically changed over the years like the Ice Kingdom and Finn and Jake’s Treehouse and some not so changed like Marceline’s house (nice subtle effect of the guitar string strumming). Also, getting to know Cuber a bit more was really nice and well done.

One thing to mention is the part about Peebles and Starchy where it looks like she is still having Candy Kingdom under surveillance which seems to contrast what happens in The Cooler episode’s ending. It goes to show that old habits die hard and she has other means on keeping watch over her citizen through bugged teeth than monitors. This could also mean that she is just keeping tabs over only her people than anywhere else like the Fire Kingdom.

Highlights: Baby Cuber and the monster, Cuber literally crashing the wedding and killing the bride,  Cuber landing on Ooo, Cuber: “Applesauce, to a theme! Your friend Cuber doesn’t want to die!”, BMO cloud watching, BMO: “Hey, Finn I’m a cliff diver!”, Finn digging the hole that Jake forced him to dig to bury the wand, the Thought Cannon, BMO: “Jake, remember what they say about absolutely power!”, Jake wishing up a sandwich and eating it, BMO: “I used to wish I was you. Now I just wish you would dig faster.”, Cuber finding the Thought Cannon, Cuber: “You try not to think of a sandwich and look what happens! A sandwich!”, Cuber breaking his leg, Ice King’s broken leg being caused by Gunther dropping a brick on it, Marceline’s house being intact, PB monitoring her citizens, Mr. Cupcake’s ‘massage’ business, the grass lard, Starchy: “Yeah, in the ear! Ooh, I mean in the rear! That’s what all the walkin’ good for, gives me self-esteem to have a nice rear!”, Cuber saving the grass lard, the new Gumball Guardians, the graybles getting released, Sister Tuber: “You can be a hero, Cuber. And what a cube can be must be.”, Cuber: “I’m a hero!”, and traveling through the Ice Kingdom.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-6-episode-36-hoots

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventure-time-hoots-219477

In Hoots, the Cosmic Owl has fallen head over talons for a bird lady that appeared in Finn’s dream and traverses the dreamscape to find her. And the real identity of her at the end is quite the shocker!

This is a really great episode. Not only getting to know the Cosmic Owl and how he works, but there was a bunch of foreshadowing and revelations such as Finn’s dream involving his dad, Sweat Pea and a reluctant upside down Jake and how they’re going away from him along with the Time Bear with the mechanical arm too. Though whatever could this mean? Finn joining his dad and Sweet P./Lich and eventually being abandoned? It’s definitely a mystery to be revealed for another time.

There was a lot of attention to detail along with seeing Ooo’s residents dreaming from King of Ooo to Huntress Wizard to even Root Beer Guy’s wife. Not to mention I like where he lives/does his dream business in a neat looking motel made out of constellations and good to see more Prismo too.

Also, with the ladybird/Gunther turning PB’s dream into a nightmare, there might be some repercussions because of that and could spell doom for the future of the Candy Kingdom.  Not to mention to further explains why Hunson Abadeer, Marcy’s dad, called her the greatest evil along with using the Demon Eye in Reign of Gunthers. I really like the ladybird’s subtle dream hint that is was Gunther all along with the tuxedos people and the icebergs.  

Highlights: C.O.’s constellation motel design, Insta-Oats & Mice, Board games in Cosmic Owl’s motel room: Ultimate Checkers, Solitaire Adventure, Baron vs. Baron vs. Baron, Fight! Or Fight!, One Man Party, Schadenfreude, Solo Musical Chairs, Miz Biz, Castle Kill-More, Spreadsheet Mania., dream tokens and the dream screen, the ladybird, C.O: “Butt feathers.’, Finn asking whether or not the dream is symbolic or literal, Jake: “You don’t got time to waste on my class ring, or bets with Shelby, or stomach-fishin’!”, stomach fishing with Shelby, Time Bear, Prismo in the hot tub, C.O. drawing in his sketchbook, Prismo: “You haven’t even asked me about my banjo lessons. They’re going great!”, Turtle Princess’s dream, Marcy riding Hambo, Prismo on the TV and C.O. with the toothpick, C.O. and ladybird peeking at other’s dreams, C.O.: “Like Ice King’s or something? His dreams are so sad.”, C.O.: “It’s ok to feel manipulated, right?”, PB’s dream turning into a nightmare by the ladybird, and the Gunther reveal .

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-6-episode-37

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventure-time-water-park-prank-219800

Episodes done by special guest animators can be neat experiments to see different art styles and types of stories but also a bit risky and hit and miss among fans/audiences. I really don’t mind A Glitch is A Glitch than other people are opposed to and I really liked Food Chain by Masaaki Yusua which is the better of the bunch and seems hard to beat in terms of style, IMO. Unless CN manages to get animators from Madhouse, Shaft, Gainax or even ex-Studio Ghibli to do so.

So where does Water Park Prank fall in? It was pretty okay, definitely not Food Chain good, but decent. Of course, I wasn’t fond of the animation at first (and probably my least favorite) esp. with Finn’s creepy old man face and felt like animation that’s better used for a short animated MAD parody sketch than full-length episode, but later on, it started to grow on me a bit enough. Though for a water park based premise I would have liked to see more of it, maybe in a future episode, than using it all on a prank. But what we got was just okay.

The prank was pretty amusing and elaborate and there were some funny bits of dialogue here and there along with good use of Jake’s stretching ability. But yeah, it feels like the weakest of the guest animated episodes yet it still has its moments and rather harmless.

In other interesting AT news despite it being on Wiki, it looks like CN is going to air the rest of season 6 via Corn-Ooo-copia style by airing every episode during the first week of June:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Time_%28season_6%29

So I’m definitely hyped to see what’s in store for us when we get closer to the season finale.

Highlights: Jake: “I knew there was something different about you today.”, Jake: I may have stinky dog breath, but at least I don’t have to concern myself with underwear.”, Finn bouncing on the tall toadstools, Princess Orangutan and Daddy Sad Heads, the magic coin, the post-apocalyptic water park, Jake’s O face transition, Finn and Jake’s conversion in the locker room, Finn dropping the magic coin into the vent, whistle lifeguards, Finn and Jake showering, Finn: “See that big pile of ginger hair and dirty bubbles that clogging the drain? That’s your favorite snack of all time!”, the prank, Jake getting prank sources, Jake’s body board double wearing a speedo, Jake Watch, Ice King’s trampoline theory, Ice King: “The water’s turned my fingers too pruny to do magic!”, Jake Inner Tube, Ice King: “Well why don’t you blow that picture up poster-size, frame it on the wall, and add a touch of class to this dump!”, and Finn getting covered in Daddy Sad Heads again.