Awoo.

Adventure Time!

AdventChild

Mondays at 7:300000 ET. Though I just usually ride the Youtube wave later that night. Sometimes they skip weeks, but I pretty much just follow this: http://en.wikipedia....e_Time_episodes. Or the Adventure Time wiki.

Everyone just keeps waiting for 'Jake the Dad' December 3rd and the Fionna episode the next week soooo yeah.

Edited by cdc

Until we have an episode where Marceline and Bubblegum are hanging out together by themselves after Finn and Jake leave, I'm not buying that anything at all is being hinted at.

So I watched the Season 5 premiere.

I think P having to spell out how to fix everything for Jake as well as the Lich's reactions to his changed wish is one of the funniest Deus Ex Machimas / Reset Buttons I've ever seen. XD

I love it, because it's definitely pushing the button's of society, but will they lose face from Cartoon Network? I mean, adult fans would be cool with it, but it's the asshole parents who will try to censor the show (and secede from the US......), because same-sex relationships are dirty where hetereosexual relationships are not (my ass, I hate this). I just don't really see them going through with it. It's a dream to grasp though.

I mean, like only five states have gay marriage and it's a pretty heated debate. I just can't see popular media, much less a kid's show, go that 'far.' I wonder if it'll be veeeeery subtle. I don't know, something to think about.

I wouldn't be too worried about that if the Moral Guardians are raising any hissyfits about show existing, let alone Disney picking said show up with plans to air it next year.

Edited by Zinos

I wouldn't be too worried about that if the Moral Guardians are raising any hissyfits about show existing, let alone Disney picking said show up with plans to air it next year.

I don't think the two situations are comparable. The difference with SheZow is that the main character is unwillingly turned into a female superhero through a magic ring. His gender is not being changed just his appearance and he's not cross-dressing because he likes doing it either.

It's like the Star Trek episode where Kirk and Uhura are allowed to have an interracial kiss because the villian forced them to through his magical mental powers.

So if Marceline were given a love potion from a still douchebag Ash, and accidently fell for Bubblegum instead and started stalking her and proclaiming her love in a very menacing vampiric way, I think the network may allow it as a crazy magic episode.

But characters having these feelings willingly is pretty much out of the question thanks to the morality police.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think the two situations are comparable. The difference with SheZow is that the main character is unwillingly turned into a female superhero through a magic ring. His gender is not being changed just his appearance and he's not cross-dressing because he likes doing it either.

It's like the Star Trek episode where Kirk and Uhura are allowed to have an interracial kiss because the villian forced them to through his magical mental powers.

So if Marceline were given a love potion from a still douchebag Ash, and accidently fell for Bubblegum instead and started stalking her and proclaiming her love in a very menacing vampiric way, I think the network may allow it as a crazy magic episode.

But characters having these feelings willingly is pretty much out of the question thanks to the morality police.

Did I also mention that his male best friend has a crush on his superheroine alter ego? Although I assume that this doesn't really count. :U

Edited by Zinos
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tonight's episode was a good troll. While watching I thought about:

The Grayble Storyteller could be evolved from the worms since he makes the same crazy noises they make to power the crystals running his ship.

And as to guessing the theme:

I thought about how five fingers would be a weird theme since most everyone has four in the cartoon tradition.

But I didn't expect the resolution either which is great, keeps the adults watching on their toes too. Sure the solution cheated more than a little but clever theme.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7842508/Adventure_Time_-_S05E03_-_Five_More_Short_Graybles_(HQ)

I found a working torrenty download thing. It may take a while but its good quality and it works.

I thought it was a decent Episode overall. My favourite scenario was Tree Trunks, cause of well, obvious reasons. My guess of what the theme was completely off...so...ya.

Really liked this episode. Yeah, the theme threw me into a loop. I thought it would have been about fingers or limbs (due to the Ice King's feet marriage). Also liked Finn and Jake putting thumbs in everything because of a 'magic' nursery rhyme and Tree Trunks going vigilante along with the Ice King's tear fountain.

Haha, yes! This episode was an example of why I love Adventure Time. The interconnectivity and the truth to characters. I have to say Ice King's was my favorite as well as Tree Trunks. BMO just freaks me out sometimes.

Also, Lady's belly! Anyone else see that? (:

So .. instead of chasing down The Lich in different dimensions with endless possibilities, variations of characters and enough fresh story ideas to span the entire current season ...

they're getting a frisbee.... out of a tree :I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtdkyN9blX8

I liked this episode. It's funny how Finn treated being shrunk as a minor inconvenience, and how the woodland critters were a mass cult. Also, liked the porcupine's cartoonish idea of getting Finn up the tree, liked the owl's shirt, Finn getting throw the bars, and the ending scene on the 'perfect throw'.

Here's a bonus vid for the heck of it.

Offtopic: Has anyone seen the latest Bravest Warriors, Pen Ward's webtoon?

Locally grown butter lettuce!

• Thumbs Up 1

Offtopic: Has anyone seen the latest Bravest Warriors, Pen Ward's webtoon?

Locally grown butter lettuce!

Indeed I have, and I'm enjoying it! I really liked the original short that aired on Nickelodeon (Very much like Adventure Time did) So I had my eye on this for a while. So the new episode's out? Nice, This I gotta see.

All The Little People was a great episode, but holy crap! Finn forcibly shipping and messing with the little chars felt really really awkward and disturbing. My reaction was the same as Jake's almost throughout. Pen Ward pretty much caused a huge ship war with this one. Also, Marceline licking Peppermint Butler to death...whoa.

Now imagine if MLPFiM did something like this...Not to mention with it being a toyline, this episode synopsis is almost perfect for it...I shudder to think.

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 1

So .. instead of chasing down The Lich in different dimensions with endless possibilities, variations of characters and enough fresh story ideas to span the entire current season ...

they're getting a frisbee.... out of a tree :I

That sounds like a bad Family Guy episode with Stewie and Brian in the multiverse.

Up A Tree is what we call a slice of life episode, it's what Adventure Time is all about.

As for tonight's episode, did anyone else think that

Magic Man was trying to teach Finn and jake just how easy it is to play Glob when your infinitely more powerful than all the little people?

The guy is a jerk but has definately become more sympathetic.

Adventure Time fits into my category of "I dunno if this is meant for kids or adults" so it's OK to watch it... :B Some of it reminds me of Homestar Runner somehow (perhaps the green/blue around their treehouse, the simplistic style, wacky humour etc.)

This last episode creeped me out a bit, though. Yeesh. I know it's a bit late to comment now - but the Finn the Human/Jake the Dog episodes were really great. I love how removing The Lich from the equation just makes Finn become Ice King and Jake The "new" Lich. Also lol, Cosmic Owl.

Edited by Mash-It Mambo

Some times it felt as if the little people were like The Sims...I mean come on! Finn forced them to interact like they did and also the way the talked sounds like what The Sims use to talk :P

I find it absolutely hilarious how the shippers are taking this episode so personally when the theme of the episode is "You shouldn't play god".

• Thumbs Up 2

I find it absolutely hilarious how the shippers are taking this episode so personally when the theme of the episode is "You shouldn't play god".

I'm pretty sure it was directed at the shippers. The only things Finn was actually doing with the little characters was creating love triangles.