Awoo.

Chao Raising LIVE with Silva

DJ FLiGHTS

Okay, let me be blunt here. Everyone loves chao. There's no denying it, and doing so just makes you a liar. And with loving the chao, comes loving the raising of said chao. So, what do I come to you all today with? Well, I'd like to start a little community-based project surrounding Chao raising. If you haven't been to the SSMB TinyChat room, or if you have but missed it when I did a little SA2 gameplay awhile back, then you definitely missed out when I did a little Chao garden action. Everyone enjoyed it, and I'd like to expand on the experience.

What I'd like to do is start a weekly 'thing' in which I use the SSMB TinyChat room to broadcast the raising of a Chao that I will donate to the Stadium. The only people with decision making powers will be the chat itself (through a consensus, of course), and I will simply follow orders. I want to see if the Stadium can make an amazing chao through the superpower of teamwork.

In this space, I will document the chao's doings every week in journal-format (through the eyes of the chao itself).

I'd like to start this Friday around 3pm EST, and continue it weekly at the same time.

Changing it to 5-8pm from now on. Seems like a more reasonable time for those across so many time zones.

Anyone think this is a cool idea?

New Format: I'll be doing a Live show on my Sterling Verses channel Thursdays from 5-8pm (EST). The day after, someone will stream the video that's been recorded in Tinychat (the one previously being used) at the regular time.

New Signatures! (by Mimi)

Make sure to save these, host them elsewhere, and link them back to this thread. Thanks for the support!

FLiGHTSSignature.png

ChewySignature.png

Previous Journals:

Download Chapter 'FLiGHTS'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Updates Will Appear Below~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 1: [Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3]

Journal: Written By Blaziken

chapter1j.png

Week 2: [Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3]

chapter2.png

Week 3: [Part 1] [Part 2]

chapter3j.png

Edited by Silva Rymes
  • Thumbs Up 8

Sounds like a good idea to me, I presume it's just the one Chao?

If a few more people got involved, we could see people choosing their own Chao to be raised by one of the "keepers". ;)

Thanks guys, now to get the word out! We've got to fill up the chat at the appropriate time for anything to really happen, savvy? Who knows, we can probably make a whole team of chao based off affiliates like Sonic Wreaks or Sega Sonic Radio. The possibilities are- dare I say it... never ending!

I'm totally digging this man. I freaking love chao. How can anyone not? They're so small and jiggly and cute, with their little bodies and childish minds, they're frigging awesome.

I admit, SA2 got me a little hooked.

I only have on question:

Shouldn't this be in the Sonic Disscusion 0_o?

Edited by Dread Wind FTChuckles!

Well technically, Sonic and Chao are two separate worlds that really have little to do with each other, but they intertwine at given points.

Where it goes just depends on what the staff member leans more towards when they read this. ;]

I'm actually moving it to Sonic Discussion (; My reasoning... there are a lot of people who only post in certain areas of the board, and if there are Sonic fans who don't venture into the general discussion areas, they probably won't find this great thread. Chao are a Sonic phenomenon, to be fair, and the journal consists of Sonic characters interacting with a Chao in the Chao Garden. So I think it makes more sense here ^^ Left a link in General though so people can find it here.

Awesome and highly inventive idea, btw~! Kudos! ♥

Excellent reasoning Flyboy, but then again it's no surprise, excellent reasoning is your trademark! Last thing we would want is for fellow Chao lovers to miss out. You're right, you really wouldn't look for Chao in the general discussion forum.

Aw, well thanks guys! Really means a lot to me! I'm just happy one of crazy ideas actually gets off the ground for once! XD

*Clears throat* Chao Journal 2 has been added. :3

(Thought I should post showing this thread isn't dead...)

I would have been there for this round but the second I got home I dropped dead in my bed. ;_; She's really going to look sick though being that she's shiny purple already, I'm looking forward to seeing her horns grow out as she matures! By the way, really good quality screens man.

Are you using the "special" chaos drive recycling ability? ;D

Damn, I forgot to show up again. Sorry guys. Remind me next Thursday about it, please? XD

Also, great decision on a NiGHTS chao, this'll be amazing!

Heh, thanks Iceman! I can't wait either! And what do you mean... "special"? :o

Don't worry Dai, we'll definitely make sure to get you in on the fun! I'll PM you myself if I have to! :D

Well it's special to me at least. XP It's basically using one Chaos Drive on a chao and able to keep on using it nonstop, it's a fairly easy thing to do once you know how, I was just wondering if you were using it?

While I've never been into Chao raising, this was pretty fun in the TinyChat yesterday. I guess I forgot about the part where you need to play the game in order to get Chao drives or animals. I really like those Chao journals, it's great that you write them from its perspective. This should look good when it's done. :D

Whoa... and what's up with this thread's font. Is everything really bolded for anyone else... Some kinda bug?

Edited by Pinche Pitochu

Hm, interesting, Mr. Iceman. Maybe you can enlighten us more next live showing. Teach us the voodoo that you do. :D

Heh, thanks, Pinche! Hm, my text should be bold, and the Chao journals should be italicized - both in Tahoma font. Now, it was pretty glitchy last week when some text (the "This post has been edited...") was bolded in Impact font for some reason (which made it illegible). That's fixed now, but now that you bring it up, I worry how glitchy it is for others, and in what ways...

This is a really cool idea, Silva! I just wish I'd seen this topic before! I'll be sure to drop in next week (if I can/ remember)

And NiGHTS chao. Awesome.

This is a really cool idea, Silva! I just wish I'd seen this topic before! I'll be sure to drop in next week (if I can/ remember)

And NiGHTS chao. Awesome.

NiGHTS chao are always awesome. Reala chao are aso awesome. I had a two-tone black shiny Reala Chao and made him go karate on my two-tone purple NiGHTS chao. It was cool. DaYS is my NiGHTS chao's name, and he won.

I'm liking what I'm seeing. It's like reading an Screen Shot Lets Play over on another forum I go. I'll be keeping up with this.

This is one of the best ideas I have readed in at least 2 months. :P

I hope you can keep going with this, as someone who is struggling with that damn five emblems in SADX, I know how hard thoose bastards are (I wish I had the time to spend it with them, I usually just have enought time to enter, give animals, buy fruit and leave), so, good luck!

Also, awesome narration. :D

NiGHTS chao are always awesome. Reala chao are aso awesome. I had a two-tone black shiny Reala Chao and made him go karate on my two-tone purple NiGHTS chao. It was cool. DaYS is my NiGHTS chao's name, and he won.

I've never raised a Reala chao myself, I want to so badly! I do have a NiGHTS chao named Dreamer and a Hero-NiGHTS chao named Sky!

New journal is up! Had a great time this week, and boy did you peeps have me swamped with those after-hour speed-runs! Still, it was quite refreshing. As for our little chao... well, read up on the update! :D