Awoo.

Storms

Faded Echoes

Is anyone here other than myself intrigued by storms? I'm not talking about hurricanes or cyclones here, I'm talking about the thunder and lightning type. Storms have always been of interest to me, and I'm always reading books and reasearching the net about them, to know more. As of last year, Ball Lightning has always been of interest to me, same with big events in the past like "The Great Thunderstorm". Will we ever see one of those happen again? Does anyone else like doing the same? Discuss it here. :)

I am terrified of them. And I mean phobia-level terror. D: Scary scary evil storms.

I actually think they are beautiful, and I LOVE photography of lightning lighting up the sky over a city or over nature. But being caught IN a storm? I will freak, I swear. They terrify me. *Shudders* Age 25 and thunderstorms can still make me cry if they're close/intense enough.

I love watching a good storm. I will actually go out in it and look up at the sky, waiting for the lightning to come. Natural phenomena fascinate me and the beauty of something that's so incredibly powerful astounds me. I know how it's generated on paper, yet I often try and remind myself in my head when I see a storm how it all works... It's quite a thing to see it in action.

Ball lightning... I wonder if they will ever approve or disprove it. Certainly a very odd form of charge that requires quite the special conditions to form.

I like watching crazy weather...

Have you ever been out on a really clear and windy night? And the few clouds that are up there just fly by at an incredible pace and it seems like the world is turning faster for it? I love that kind of thing. And there was a lightning storm where I am last fall. I remember watching it from my window, because the sky was entirely black until the lightning struck. And then just for a second you could see these huge clouds you never would've guessed were there, and they were so far away and still so big, and the lightning looked like it was going off inside them all purple, like bombs exploding on the horizon. Weather is seriously cool.

Edited by Pinche Pitochu

That sounds crazy awesome! :D I'd love to view a storm like that. ^_^ And like Flyboy, I am scared shitless when they happen, particularly at night, but yet I still love them. Weather can be beautiful and scary at the same time.

Depending on the intensity I either love them or loath them.

not to the point of fear, but more to the point of "fuck all this fucking water everything in my goddamn house fuck"

My biggest worry in sotrms is a big branch falling down my house. Also, a new type of storm has been discovered, a "frankenstorm".

Personally, I love it when there's a storm at night and I hear the rolling thunder and lashing rain against the window whilst i'm really comfortable and snugly warm in bed. It's an incomparable feeling <3

I don't like being caught in storms though. Especially the kinds that have rain pouring down so hard that you feel bruised and genuinely chilled to the bone. Cool to observe, NOT cool to get caught in.

I don't like being caught in storms though. Especially the kinds that have rain pouring down so hard that you feel bruised and genuinely chilled to the bone. Cool to observe, NOT cool to get caught in.

We had one like that about a year ago. Horrible thing, winds knocked over a tower on a Mormon church, small trees uprooted, fences blown away, shit got BAD. Not to mention it was the coldest we had ever gotten in the area.

I got caught in it going to the store, got back home and almost fainted from the sheer cold outside. Soaked to my underwear, even my shirt was soaked through my large jacket.

Horrible shit.

Other than that one time, we don't get many STORMS, just a lot of rain in the winter.

I am intrigued by storms and I have been for as long as I can remember. I don't mind 'em. When I was younger, I was afraid of 'em. They're really no big deal. They're one of the many wonders of nature. I love how lightning looks, it looks really beautiful in my eyes.

It really depends on the intensity of the storm, but hell I used to live in Tornado Ally. If the storm gets really bad, then I start to freak out a bit.

Hell last year alone, I had about three tornado sirens go off in the span of 24 hours. Boy that was a lot fun.

But I do like being caught in heavy rain because it give me an excuse to make a Shaun Mars reference, or if I'm in my car when a storm comes in, then I play "Open Your Heart" at full volume. xD

I LOVE THEM!

When I was little my parents would have to watch me or I'd try to go outside during thunderstorms =3

I love thunderstorms. I'll actually go outside and stand proud during one! As for thunder, the louder, the better. Lightning is awesome, too. I've seen white, light purple and orange lightning bolts.

Wiki's article on thunderstorms (take it with a handful of pepper)

Severe storms are my favorite area of meteorology, but there's no area of meteorology that doesn't interest me.

I just love storms. Everything about them. The sounds of rain and thunder, watching the storm, even standing in the rain during one. It's all just amazing.

The other day there was a pretty intense storm with crazy winds. And lucky me, I just happened to be looking out my window when it started. It was incredible to see a huge gust of wind lift up in the air entire trash cans and lawn decorations. Then seeing the wave of rain rush down the street. It was awesome to see the start of a storm. I suggest it sometime.

Personally, I love it when there's a storm at night and I hear the rolling thunder and lashing rain against the window whilst i'm really comfortable and snugly warm in bed. It's an incomparable feeling <3

I know! It is simply one of the best feelings ever! :)

Edited by silversapphire

I FUCKING HATE STORMS.

mostly because we're having one right now, and it was hella warm this morning, so I didn't bring a jacket to school (most of it is outside)

Cue rain that starts literally just after I get dropped off. It turns to hail and thunder two minutes later, with me being stuck outside with everyone else for 30 minutes.

I am colder than dry ice right now. Storms are fucks.

Edited by Nathan Speed