Awoo.

How often do you play Sonic games?

Speederino

It seems like I'm always playing them. I'm frequently playing the 16-bit classics and I'm always willing to play Unleashed. Even when I leave, I tend to have my iPod with me which has the original game on it. Heck, even my phone has a crappy version of Sonic 2. I also seem to be one of the few people who uses Sonic in Brawl very frequently.

Edited by Speederino

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barry the Nomad

• SefHighwind

• Tori Himemiya

• Shaddix Leto Croft

It depends on whether my PS2 or Gamecube is plugged in. The classics are on PS2, and I play that less.

I usually have an Adventure game on rotation, but I haven't played them lately either. Heroes and Shadow see almost no play. Maybe Shadow now and then.

But my DS gets lots of love! I can pick up ASR for a quick Grand Prix if I'm just sitting around, and I like to bring Sonic Rush on train rides with me.

Chronicles got several playthroughs, but I tend to get sucked into that game, so I don't play it often. What I need now is Rush Adventure.

Edited by Pinche Pitochu

I used to play them a LOT, but recently I've started to play more other games (very slowly expanding out, you see) and I haven't played any other one but Chronicles for quite a while, and I haven't picked up Chronicles in at least 3 weeks because I got bored of it and Pokemon Soul Silver/Metroid Prime 2/social life have taken up most of my time (not much work though, sadface).

I usually play more when a new Sonic release is approaching, then I play the new release, then I go into a period of not playing Sonic too often until another game is announced. I call it: The Sonic Cycle. ;)

I try to play them, but then I get sidetracked so easily. However, when ever I get into a Sonic mood, then I'll play all day if I chose.

It does make me happy that I'm actually going to be LPing Sonic CD soon, so that should help me want to play some of the other classics again.

Not too much these days. D:

I mean I do love Sonic but what can you do when your pretty much limited to Shadow? D: But it's mostly me being sidetracked by my other intersts.

Ever since i've bought Sonic Unleashed on the 28th of Novemeber 2008 i've always played it pretty much everyday since it was released so that how often I play Sonic Unleashed but this is quite strange since i'm doing the extact same thing I did with Sonic Adventure 1 on dreamcast play it almost everyday for years and still love it lol i'm still try and play SA1 when I can be bothered with it :) so I can see myself possibly playing Unleashed for more years to come (unless Sonic 4 will be come my next fav Sonic game i'll be on that everyday then instead haha XD)

I usually play more when a new Sonic release is approaching, then I play the new release, then I go into a period of not playing Sonic too often until another game is announced. I call it: The Sonic Cycle. ;)

^^ I follow a similar pattern to this. When a new Sonic game is soon to be released, I find myself caught up in the hype and playing other Sonic games in preparation for the new release.

I also regularly find myself playing Sonic Rush or Sonic Rush Adventure (and likely Sonic Classic Collection now) when I'm out and I'm bored, I usually boot up a DS Sonic game for some fast-paced action I can enjoy in short bursts.

Whenever I literally have nothing to do, I will eventually cave in and play around with some of the console games I have for a few minutes till I can think of something else to do.

In my middle school days, I used to play SA2B with my friends ALL the time. Fantastic times and memories. But those days are over. The last one I liked playing a lot was Shadow the Hedgehog. But that game is old news now.

I'd really love to play some sonic advance games again, but I lost them.

Im gonna tell you a secret son. I looooooooovvve platformers. At some point in the month, I guarantee that I'll be playing a few, at least the first few levels anyway. More often than not, it's either one of the first few Super Mario games, or the first few Sonic games (or Advance 1 ). In a slow month, I'll likely boot up a Sonic game 3 to 5 times.

Sometimes, I'll actually do full plays. I'd say I play all the classics fully at least once or thrice a year. Occasionally I'll fully play a 3D game, usually Sonic Adventure.

Typically, I also play the games closer to new releases, or if I get excited for Sonic again. I played all the Sonic 1 - K games, Sonic 1 Master System, Sonic CD, and Sonic Advance 1 as soon as Sonic 4 was revealed. ( Now I got heartgold and suddenly my excitement vanished, but it will return in July... )

I'll be honest: a lot of the video games I play are Sonic games.

But, like Doctor Eggman, I will find myself playing Sonic games a whole lot more when a new Sonic game is announced/released.

I usually get in the mood to play games of similar genre. For example, I played a lot of Sonic R and Sonic Drift 2 (also OutRun and Daytona USA) before SASAR released. I am currently playing a lot of Sonic 3 & Knuckles and just recently completed Chaotix as I'm hyped for Sonic 4.

I usually have an S3&K day during one of the school holidays where I just play through the whole game and nab all the emeralds and shit, once a year. But that's probably the most I do, unless I'm trying out a new release.

In all honesty, not that much. I play a lot of Sonic games, but my average time spent playing Sonic games is about the same as for most other video games. I just like to talk about this series more than most.

But I am a pretty big completionist on the games I like.

All the freakin' time.

Only "event" games from other franchises/genres can derail Sonic for a while, but I invariably end up back with him at some stage. I mean, at the moment, I'm loving Just Cause 2: Limited Edition and yet I can only manage an hour or so each time, before picking up the Nintendo DS and giving Sonic Rush a blast!

James Bond might be the only other thing, game-wise (because Star Trek games blow chunks), that can distract me for more than a week or so.

There's a new Bond driving game in October.

Until then?

*loads up the Nintendo DS again*

Is this a joke......

25 hours of the day i am playing sonic classics (on my sega genesis which i STILL have hooked up) and whatever time i have left over I use to do rom hacks (sonic related) or fan games (you guessed it SONIC).

Normally I would be playing Sonic so hard that I'll rip him a new one! Especially when it comes to Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Man that game is looooooooooooove.

But I've been too distracted playing The Legend of Zelda. Sorry Sonic! I still love you though!

I would play Sonic games all the time but then I would want to play something else and would get stuck playing that game. Then a few days or so later(depending on the game) I would go back to playing Sonic games.

VERY often. More often than not it's a Sonic game i'm playing because most of the games have such a timeless quality and keep me coming back to them. It's also because Sonic is my favourite series.

Not to say I don't play anything else. I also play the Zelda series and love that too as well as the Kirby series and the Pokemon series. And inbetween that, it's usually other, unrelated games. But I definately play the Sonic series more than anything else.