Awoo.

Sonic CD

Zanoh

Well due to my past thread being closed for good reasons, I decided to open up a new one on Sonic CD. I provided a patch in my earlier thread for it to work on XP. If you didn't get the patch I have the link right here:

http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?cati...d=1&artid=6

Can anyone tell me if the games works on their XP computer with this patch?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phos

• Zanoh

• JezMM

• Tailikku

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyway to have custom boss music for each of the zones?

Besides if it was possible then here would be my recommendations:

1: E.G.G.M.A.N. Doc Robeatnic Mix

2: Spinball Theme (Sonic Boom or Virtual Sonic)

3: Revenge of Mr. X (Streets of Rage/ Bare Knuckle 2)

4: Izayaoi (Dynamite Headdy)

5: E.G.G.M.A.N.

6: Look Alike (this should be just after the beginning bit where Metal does his sttance while Eggman preps his laser)

7: Final Fury (Sonic CD (Mega CD))

Is there anyway to have custom boss music for each of the zones?

Besides if it was possible then here would be my recommendations:

1: E.G.G.M.A.N. Doc Robeatnic Mix

2: Spinball Theme (Sonic Boom or Virtual Sonic)

3: Revenge of Mr. X (Streets of Rage/ Bare Knuckle 2)

4: Izayaoi (Dynamite Headdy)

5: E.G.G.M.A.N.

6: Look Alike (this should be just after the beginning bit where Metal does his sttance while Eggman preps his laser)

7: Final Fury (Sonic CD (Mega CD))

I don't know the first thing about emulation, but mere logic states that due to the fact that the game is designed to access the same track number for each boss (bar the last), without some clever hacking involved, you'd only be able to one piece of custom music for bosses 1-5, boss 6, and boss 7 (and for boss 6 it would involve replacing the Stardust Speedway Bad Future track in general).

Download an iso+mp3 version, give the mp3 you want to use the same name as the one you're replacing, and replace it. This is essentially what Sega did to implement the US soundtrack (haha, Palmtree Panic is Mariachi Sonic).

Look Alike
At first I was thinking you wouldn't be able to do this, but you can come pretty close: Replace Stardust Speedway bad future with Look Alike. It'll play before the fight, then it will switch the the regular boss theme, then back to Look Alike when the race starts.

The Emulator loads the mp3's based on their file name, if you have "Sonic CD.iso", tracks should be named "Sonic CD 02.mp3" and on up to "Sonic CD 35.mp3".

I just run the Sega CD version in Kega Fusion.

Cool, but the thing is, I do not want to use emu's or roms. So I was hoping to use the patch for this.