Awoo.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Patticus

Zelda sort of doing something, trains (which I was totally obsessed with as a kid, so extra nostalgia points there), a bit of variety in the setting... looks like a keeper to me.

Aww, see this is why I love Nintendo stuff. They always capture something so basically fun, like riding around on a train, and then make an entire game around it. I also had a thing for trains as a kid, due to all the anthropomorphic trains around (Little Engine that Could, Thomas the Train). I wonder if Nintendo is deliberately tapping that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Aww, see this is why I love Nintendo stuff. They always capture something so basically fun, like riding around on a train, and then make an entire game around it. I also had a thing for trains as a kid, due to all the anthropomorphic trains around (Little Engine that Could, Thomas the Train). I wonder if Nintendo is deliberately tapping that?

In kindergarten, I had an actual train conductor's outfit that I occasionally wore to school. I don't remember much of it, but apparently I was quite the headcase. I wish I had photos. :lol:

Pokemon basically only exists because Satoshi Tajiri was into insect collecting when he was young, so you may be on to something there. It's certainly not a bad policy... I mean, the fact that I'm on this board at all is proof of the power of nostalgia.

Well I read at Gonintendo that the new Nintendo Power confirms Ganon isn't the one who needs Zelda's body. Kind of a bummer seeing as I'm a big Ganon fan. Here's hoping whoever does need Zelda's body is an interesting villain, and nothing like Bellum. : < Here's also hoping that this ups the chances for Ganon in Zelda Wii. ; )

I dunno about that. The Chancellor is the one who kidnaps Zelda's body and takes her to awaken "The Demon King"

Did NP specifically say the Demon King wasn't Ganon?

They always capture something so basically fun, like riding around on a train, and then make an entire game around it. I also had a thing for trains as a kid, due to all the anthropomorphic trains around (Little Engine that Could, Thomas the Train). I wonder if Nintendo is deliberately tapping that?

Has everyone forgotten why the Zelda series was created? Miyamoto created it through the inspiration he got as a child, "exploring and adventuring" by himself.

Seems this new Hyrule really is trying to imitate old Hyrule. Apparently the dungeons confirmed so far are "Forest Temple" and "Spirit Tower" similar to Spirit Temple, and the other locations look similar too...

Complete Nintendo Power Facts:

- when sneaking Zelda out of the castle, you can have her follow you, wait behind, or draw a direct path for her to follow

- you can distract guards by throwing rocks at them

- the evil 'thing' that needs Zelda's body is not Ganon

- Anjean "claims to have known Zelda's ancestors."

- you don't have to replay floors of the Spirit Tower, but you might be able to get new secrets if you do

- The Phantoms"who are supposed to protect the tower from evil, have gone haywire".

- Zelda can't take over a phantom until you (a) get the three Tears of Light in an area, and (B) strike it from behind with your sword

- Zelda can transfer her spirit from one phantom to another later on

- you can switch train track routes to avoid enemy trains

- 4 temples connect to the Spirit Temple, but the first doesn't involve phantoms

- you have to visit other locations before visiting the forest temple

- six slots for items in Link's inventory.

- sidequests that involve wooden hearts and dragon scales

- you must walk the Forest Temple's Master Key down a safe route to avoid being grabbed by wallmasters

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

As long as the items are cool and are actually put to good use that's fine. I hope it means there will be at least 6 temples though. When I read about the 4 chains that link to the tower I got worried ST would be light on temples.

Sorry for the double post guys, but I've got a couple of updates.

For starters this game is now up for "intend to buy" for any Club Nintendo members. The second thing has something to do with a returning character from a previous Zelda title. Some might consider it a spoiler so I'll put it in tags, but really it isn't that big a deal.

Niko returns as an old man and he lives in the same village as ST Link

thumb_niko.jpg

thumb_nikor.jpg

For those who don't know Niko was a pirate that sailed under Tetra in WW and PH.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=103886

It was originally a rumor but has since been confirmed.

Anyway I think it's really cool to see Nintendo do more to link games in the series that have been separated by many years.

As for the "spoiler"...

How do we know it's the same Niko? If it is he's incredibly long lived, and that would make this Zelda possibly Tetra's direct descendant? I think it'll be a descendant of Niko's, perhaps his son or grandson.

I'm not sure. I guess we have to wait to find out. Either way it's nice to see a Zelda title closely tie into another after having so many years pass. I mean WW and TP did a couple cool little things to tie into OOT but they never had a somewhat important character from a past title return.

I'm not sure. I guess we have to wait to find out. Either way it's nice to see a Zelda title closely tie into another after having so many years pass. I mean WW and TP did a couple cool little things to tie into OOT but they never had a somewhat important character from a past title return.

*coughcoughGanondorfcough*

Probably the most consistent character through the whole series.

*coughcoughGanondorfcough*

Probably the most consistent character through the whole series.

Come on you knew what he meant! :P

(Don't forget Vaati and the Goddesses/Oracles)

^ There's a lot of dialogue in that new footage. Old Niko also has a picture on his wall that looks more familiar.

(Don't forget Vaati and the Goddesses/Oracles)

And don't forget the Goron traders scattered around in Wind Waker! I was so glad to see Gorons in that game.

I'm just trying to say that I think this Zelda seems to be linking back to past Zeldas more then any other Zelda game that has jumped in time.

Speaking of jumping time in Zelda games, is anyone else getting a little tired of it happening so often? I mean no Link gets more then two games. TP Link isn't even going to get two games. :'( I wouldn't mind having a Link around for a few extra titles, or even get to see the same Link go up against Ganondorf more then once.

And don't forget the Goron traders scattered around in Wind Waker! I was so glad to see Gorons in that game.

Well they don't really count since they're a whole tribe rather than a specific character. Not to mention Gorons have been in every single Zelda game since OoT (Four Swords GBA excluded)

peaking of jumping time in Zelda games, is anyone else getting a little tired of it happening so often?

Nah, that's just how the series works.

I mean no Link gets more then two games. TP Link isn't even going to get two games. :'( I wouldn't mind having a Link around for a few extra titles, or even get to see the same Link go up against Ganondorf more then once.

Personally not a big fan of TP Link, unless he gets something incredible and unique like Majora's Mask I won't be sad to see him go. The same Link won't go up against Ganon more than once I don't think...

After Phantom Hourglass I'm sick on WW Link, and to make things worse every Link looks the same nowadays >> 10 years ago every different Link had a different design...

Edited by SuperLink

Video's not working for me for some reason. Damnit, I want to see it.

Edit: Now that's odd. It works in Internet Explorer but not Firefox.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Well I'll take the credibility with a pinch of salt, but it's only a matter of time until English screenshots and stuff confirming it...

But that WOULD make this Zelda Tetra's granddaughter wouldn't it?

Meaning Link and Tetra probably didn't get it on.

Why not? There's atleast a thousand bastard child Link's throughout the world. Let's say they got it on, got another Zelda and one of Link's thousand dopplegangers is the new hero-oh god what am I saying fuck the Zelda timeline

Why not? There's atleast a thousand bastard child Link's throughout the world. Let's say they got it on, got another Zelda and one of Link's thousand dopplegangers is the new hero-oh god what am I saying fuck the Zelda timeline

Nah, I'm usually ok with the Zelda timeline but the idea that there are new Links popping up everywhere doesn't sit well with me. They're mostly descendants of previous Links, with few exceptions.

Nah, I'm usually ok with the Zelda timeline but the idea that there are new Links popping up everywhere doesn't sit well with me. They're mostly descendants of previous Links, with few exceptions.

Eventually let's see the massive plot twist when it's revealed that Zelda is Link's sister or something

It'd be fun to know the "mother".

Eventually let's see the massive plot twist when it's revealed that Zelda is Link's sister or something

For some reason people have been expecting that since the series' conception.

It'd be fun to know the "mother".

I don't see Nintendo ever giving Link a direct relative (the closest they got was giving Link a sister.)

I actually thought none of them were descendants. I thought it was as if each new Link was a reincarnation of the spirit of the original Link. Anyway I'm pretty sure it never explains whether they are descendants or not either way.

Zelda = Descendants

Links = Reincarnations

Ganondorf = Same dude every time

I thought that was how it worked.

Well with Zelda it's most definitely descendants, and with Ganon the same person. With Link I think it's a mix of both descendants and reincarnations.

For example, WW Link is definitely a reincarnation, but TP Link is a descendant

Remember the words of the left handed Skeletal Warrior?

"These techniques do not leave our bloodline"

As for ST Link, who knows. There's really not much time for the spirit to go AWOL and reincarnated in someone else,

Especially since WW's Niko is still alive...

I'd say most likely a pretty close relative to WW Link, they look almost identical.

Edited by SuperLink