Awoo.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Patticus

Jesus, Christ. Jet, how did you do the freakin' duet to get into the Sand Temple? This is killing my love for this game. It's seriously ruined it.

Nonono. I know what I'm doing, the game says I'm doing it wrong even though I'm following instructions. Anyway, I finally did it. Inhuman abilities go.

Just be prepared to get a bit annoyed with that duet, fair warning. You need to be PERFECT, and the DS mic doesn't really do perfect well.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Few things I need to get out:

1. I love this game, it's everything that phantom hourglass wasn't, it has a wonderful charm that gets you hooked, the story isn't too bad either.

2. The cave music isn't reused in the dungeons like it was in Phantom Hourglass. There's a nice variety of music here, although dungeon music is reused in some of the dungeons, there's three types of dungeon music, so it really doesn't get too repetitive.  

Though not exactly Dark Link, you fight a dark version of yourself in this game as an optional Boss in the 3rd Level of the dungeon challenge in Hyrule Town, and he can use the hurricane spin  

:o 

So anyway, I'm 95% satisfied with this game, as for the missing 5%, I want the train to go as fast as it did in

The Dark Realm

But it's not super slow, I just want it to go faster. And as Hero of Fate said, the DS mic isn't that great =\

Lots of Side Quests, good challenge, nice music, and lots of hidden locations on the map to find =P. Everytime I do a side quest I'm either getting a huge amount of money, or a new spot on the map to go to. So buy this game and have some fun, and do what I do: Play a game with trains, on a train =3 

Nonono. I know what I'm doing, the game says I'm doing it wrong even though I'm following instructions. Anyway, I finally did it. Inhuman abilities go.

Just be prepared to get a bit annoyed with that duet, fair warning. You need to be PERFECT, and the DS mic doesn't really do perfect well.

That isn't the last duet btw ;D

Edited by Jetronic

Yeah, I know. You need to play one more

When fighting Malladus of all times.

The guide says it's easy, though. So I hope to god it is. The only annoying one was Rael's. The other ones were easy mode.

EDIT: OH MY GOD FUCK THE SPIRIT PIPES. I do this shit perfectly and it's still wrong. Never use the mic again, Nintendo. For the sake of my sanity.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Just got back from the shopping centre with my copy and a copy of Phantom Hourglass too.

Got Phantom Hourglass pre-owned from CEX for £10 seeing as no shops were selling it new :(

Spirit Tracks I price checked around and here are my findings

Toys R Us: Coudln't see it on the shelves anywhere :blink: Maybe they haven't had stock in yet? :huh:

GAME: £32.99

Gamestation: £32.99

Argos: £29.39

HMV: £29.99

Sainsburys: £29.99

ASDA: £24.67 or 69(Was 60 something pence, just can't remember the exact last digit lol!)

Got mine from HMV as I had 4 games to trade-in so i got it for £5.49

:D

The fact that GAME have started making DS games £33 regularly is quite frankly ridiculous =_= I really need to start ordering online.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my copy later today! I can't wait! Though I can't help but notice that it came out on Monday in US and hardly anyone has been discussing it :(

Maybe people really have lost interest in the series?

The fact that GAME have started making DS games £33 regularly is quite frankly ridiculous =_= I really need to start ordering online.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my copy later today! I can't wait! Though I can't help but notice that it came out on Monday in US and hardly anyone has been discussing it :(

Maybe people really have lost interest in the series?

Yeah GAME and Gamestation are becoming even more of a rip off £32.99 is just plain crazy. Do they really think we're going to go in there and blow another £3 when we could go elsewhere and get it for the normal £29.99 or less. They do it with Xbox 360 and PS3 games too adding another £3-£5 e.g. £42.99-£44.99 instead of the normal £39.99.

Wouldn't be surprised if they start doing it with Wii, PS2, PSP and PC games soon.

I liked the music in this title a lot for a DS game, the first DS soundtrack that really stood out to me since Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2653TLCV

Password: www.vgmu.net

^There be the OST since I doubt an official soundtrack will ever be released.

Right, I got the game, I've been playing it and I'm already liking it a lot more than PH! The little references, the story, the music, it's all much better, I hope it continues to get even better. I'm just going out the backdoor of the castle.

I liked the music in this title a lot for a DS game, the first DS soundtrack that really stood out to me since Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story.

I wouldn't say that though. There are many RPGs on DS that have really amazing and sometimes orchestrated soundtracks. Kingdom Hearts' music is amazing (despite most of it being reused from earlier KH games...)

Hopefully the game will prove me wrong, but so far it's nothing extraordinary compared to many other DS games I've played.. or even Capcom's Zelda games.

Right, I got the game, I've been playing it and I'm already liking it a lot more than PH! The little references, the story, the music, it's all much better, I hope it continues to get even better. I'm just going out the backdoor of the castle.

I wouldn't say that though. There are many RPGs on DS that have really amazing and sometimes orchestrated soundtracks. Kingdom Hearts' music is amazing (despite most of it being reused from earlier KH games...)

Hopefully the game will prove me wrong, but so far it's nothing extraordinary compared to many other DS games I've played.. or even Capcom's Zelda games.

From the top I love lots of the Spirit Flutes music (wait till you hear those!), some of the boss music, and some of the character themes and some of the areas music stick out.

Well I've been playing this since Monday and I have to say I love it! It's such a huge improvement over Phantom Hourglass IMO. The story grabs you right from the beginning unlike PH, which I felt had quite a boring story. There are also some really tricky puzzles in the Spirit Tower. I got stuck in a couple of rooms for a while. :lol: I was a bit worried that driving the train around instead of having a fully explorable overworld would suck, but honestly I think it's a nice change. Even though the mechanics of the boat and train are similar I do prefer the train. If only because the environments are different everywhere instead of just seeing water everywhere. I'm almost up to the 4th temple and I think the difficulty is really ramping up. :D So far I'd easily call this one of the best handheld Zeldas. Though to be fair I think all Zelda games are fantastic. Sure the first two haven't aged well and PH was my least favorite of the bunch, but I can personally say that I've never been completely let down by a Zelda game. In fact I'm usually pretty happy with them and ST is no different.

Also I really love having Zelda along for the adventure. I wish she would be with you in Zelda Wii, but I'm pretty sure Link's sidekick will be Master Sword chick.

I'm really enjoying it too, just like I had hoped it's everything that Phantom Hourglass should have been (but so far it's a little lacking in the fanservice department that I love Capcom's games for so much)

I actually think the music is great! I just wish it were a little more memorable. The world feels much more "alive" as well, and Zelda is really full of character this time... possibly moreso than ever before. She's probably my favourite Zelda yet. Even controlling the Phantom Zelda put a smile on my face!

"YOU SEEM CUTER TODAY. WHY?"

Having Zelda as the sidekick/Navi/Tatl/Midna... why didn't they think of it sooner!? :lol:

I just finished the first dungeon and am on my way back to the Spirit Tower. Those evil trains on the Spirit Tracks are scary D:

Edited by SuperLink

Those evil trains on the Spirit Tracks are scary D:

They get SO annoying later on. I don't want to spoil anything so you'll see what I mean.

Last night I finished the 2nd dungeon and am just about to do the 3rd part of the Spirit Tower.

I have a criticism!

The dungeons are way too short. Atleast the puzzles are better than PH's. Also the sword combat is a little awkward like before; and it's way too easy to do powerful attacks.

Lastly, the first two dungeons have the same music. Wth Nintendo.

The boss for the Blizzard Temple was actually hard! I would have definitely died multiple times on it without my potions. That was quite impressive... and the music was cool, but unfortunately notsomemorable.

Edited by SuperLink

Last night I finished the 2nd dungeon and am just about to do the 3rd part of the Spirit Tower.

I have a criticism!

The dungeons are way too short. Atleast the puzzles are better than PH's. Also the sword combat is a little awkward like before; and it's way too easy to do powerful attacks.

Lastly, the first two dungeons have the same music. Wth Nintendo.

The boss for the Blizzard Temple was actually hard! I would have definitely died multiple times on it without my potions. That was quite impressive... and the music was cool, but unfortunately notsomemorable.

Wait until you see the boss of the forth temple, fucking awesome! This has quickly become my favorite handheld Zelda.

I was just trying out a rom of the game to see what it was like (believe me I WILL be buying a copy of the game at some point), and I was surprised to see that the game text for the European version is in British English:

zeldaspirittrackshonour.png

Not exactly unheard of I know, but nice to see nonetheless.

Not exactly unheard of I know, but nice to see nonetheless.

As if that wasn't enough, a whole bunch of stuff was changed for the European version and I have absolutely no idea why...

For example, in the Euro version the starting village is called Outset Village, as reference to WW Link's starting town.

And the burly guy who follows Chancellor Cole around is called Staven, whereas in the US version he's called something complete different.

Anyone else notice any other differences? I can't imagine why they'd change character and location names, this is surely the first time they've done that :S

PS. I'm very near the end, just going around doing sidequests (there are loads! A bit repetitive but the rewards are good and I'm generally impressed! I just got 15 stamps for Niko, now that was a nice surprise :))

Edited by SuperLink

...in the Euro version the starting village is called Outset Village, as reference to WW Link's starting town...

Yes, I thought that was a clever reference, and it does appear to be in the same sort of position on this game's map that Outset Island was in Wind Waker, if I'm remembering correctly.

Anyone else notice any other differences? I can't imagine why they'd change character and location names, this is surely the first time they've done that :S

Just that they must have even changed "mommy" to "mummy", which is also a nice touch. It's like they really got someone who knew the subtle differences between British and American English to do the translation and that that's rare for a text heavy game like Zelda, I don't remember them doing it for Phantom Hourglass though admittedly I could just be forgetting. Normally something like that warrants an extra wait for European releases but for this game it was a mere four days!

Well I finished the game. I did everything there is to do in the game except the rabbit collection sidequest. I have my golden train and all the hearts. :D The lead up to the final battle is really great. I'd say it's close to being as epic as the final battle in TP. I LOVED this game! It's leagues better then PH and it's easily my favorite handheld Zelda. I think I even like it more then some of the console Zeldas.

As if that wasn't enough, a whole bunch of stuff was changed for the European version and I have absolutely no idea why...

For example, in the Euro version the starting village is called Outset Village, as reference to WW Link's starting town.

And the burly guy who follows Chancellor Cole around is called Staven, whereas in the US version he's called something complete different.

PS. I'm very near the end, just going around doing sidequests (there are loads! A bit repetitive but the rewards are good and I'm generally impressed! I just got 15 stamps for Niko, now that was a nice surprise :))

The big guy is called Byrne in the US version. It IS kind of weird that the English version has all sorts of changes. Maybe Nintendo of Europe localized it themselves rather than taking the United States English script?

So, I download it for my R4 and something weird happened.

I started the game everything was allright when suddenly, when I get to ride the train for the first time. The gearbox and the whistle are not on the screen! I can't do anything!!

the game continues believe I can do and I end up crashing with an animal unable to start moving again!!!

What's going on?! Somebody please help

Edited by Viku

You didn't realize that there was anti-piracy on it? Dude, it's been out for like a month now.

Sorry. I didn't realize that's how the anti-piracy works. I expected something like suddenly freezing the game or something, not just remove game fuctions in front of your face. I didn't realized it was the anti-piracy!!

Edited by Viku