Awoo.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Patticus

Judging by the game's take on the shiny new instrument, I'm guessing I'm the only one who only had to do the duets 2-4 times.

Apparantly so, but I'm the same as you. I found the Sand one insanely annoying, but even then I only needed to try it like 4 times.

The Zelda duet I actually enjoyed (I love the song) and I did it second try.

Maybe the US version has worse Spirit Pipes controls or something?

I only had problems with the spirit pipes on Zelda's and.. the fire guy (can't remember his name) tunes. Less so with Zelda's, but I still had trouble.

None of them ever took me more than say, 5-10 minutes, though.

Embrose.

Sadly. I know the names, and only remember it ends with Embrose, Rael then Zelda. I can't remember which order Steem, Gage and Carben are :V

I do like the little scene you get after completing Zelda's Duet though :3

Also I'm on the EU version. I just sucked at the pipes, however, I did hear that one of the lokomo's songs was wrong and people only got it right by fluke in the US version? I'm not really too sure on that though.

It has a lot to do with how shitty the microphone is. I just put a "make L button=fake mic blow" code in my AR and played the game that way after a while. I got the duets on the first try.

Mandatory mic-blowing, huh.

I've had enough of those in games. Pass, at least for now.

Cool excuse to miss an awesome game bro. :/

You realise you blow in the mic for less than a collective minute in an adventure that's kinda long.

What happened to all those complaints about the spirit flute being the most unresponsive thing ever.

Though it's not like I'm never going to give it a try since I've shown interest in the game. It wasn't terribly prioritized on my to-get list anyway.