Awoo.

Would anyone else like to...

Badnik Mechanic

For the past 3 or more years I watch this on TV and ponder making this topic and then decide "Urm... not sure"

This morning was the London Marathon, every year thousands of people attempt to run 26 (I think) and a bit miles. Some do it because they want to win, others do it because they want to say that 'they've done it' others do it because they want to raise money for something.

So for the past few years I've watched this and wondered.... Oh I'm just going to come out and say it.

How many people would like to run this next year dressed as Sonic characters? As a side insentive we'd most likely raise some money for something and get a world record for being the fastest Sonic characters to finish the Marathon (yes they do give out world records for that kind of stuff).

Anybody?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• Swiss

• Doctor MK

• BakingBluePotatoe

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wondered what it'd be like to run the LM, I'd definitely be down for that if there were others. :)

I remember at SoS '08 they raised money for the 'National Hedgehog Fund' or something, so there's an idea for a charity. I'm not sure if the LM is a people-only charity thing though...anyone care to elaborate?

I remember at SoS '08 they raised money for the 'National Hedgehog Fund' or something, so there's an idea for a charity. I'm not sure if the LM is a people-only charity thing though...anyone care to elaborate?

I don't think thats the case, theres always those guys dressed as Rinos running every year. But even if it was a people only thing, is that a problem?

Edited by Casanova

I think I should have worded that better. :P

I meant the charity thing, could we put our proceeds to an animal (Hedgehog)-related charity or is it people charities only? :huh:

I've never done a freelance charity thing, only given to others' ready-made charities...

I think I should have worded that better. :P

I meant the charity thing, could we put our proceeds to an animal (Hedgehog)-related charity or is it people charities only? :huh:

I've never done a freelance charity thing, only given to others' ready-made charities...

I know what you mean. I think that the blokes who run as rinos give the money they raise to a zoo or some kind of rino charity. But like I said, if there was some rule against it, I don't think that should be a reason not to do it, the run that is.

You also get a medal if anyone wants to know whats in it for them... that and you'll offically be one of the hardest members of the Sonic community until we start a fight club.

You also get a medal if anyone wants to know whats in it for them... that and you'll offically be one of the hardest members of the Sonic community until we start a fight club.

Ah, gotcha. My bad. :P

And I definitely wouldn't find that a reason not to do the run, even if it came to custim-made T's or something, that'd be great.

In response to the bold: But...you've already broken the 1st rule. ;)

My Sonic Relief sense is tingling... :P

Although I myself would never do the marathon, this is the kind of thing I'd be more than happy to try and help promote. The marathon is in April so, assuming there's another Sonic Relief campaign next year, it wouldn't be long after that... meaning hopefully some hype would carry over to help promote your marathon run.

And have no fear, when I say "Sonic Relief" I don't mean "the money has to go to Comic Relief", you choose the charity by all means. I'm just offering my support, should your ideas go ahead (and should you even want my help!) ;)

I'll echo MK. There's no way I'd ever run a marathon, but would gladly lend my support to any charity that's going along with it. And with it being Sonic related and all, I'm sure a lot of people from all around the community would happily feel the same if they didn't want to run. Sounds like you've come up with a stellar idea, Cas.

I don't think we'd run the whole thing. Most people walk the thing, if we had costumes they would have to be basic as I would never expect anyone to do a full 20odd miles in a full outfit! Unless they were mega-fit and had done something like it before.

To get a world record as runing as a character you don't have to have the best costume. Even if someone ran with basic sonic ears, a bit of race paint and a blue shirt with a while circle, it would still count as Sonic. The woman who currently holds the record for 'fastest superhero' only has a Superman style S on her shirt... thats it.

If anyone doesn't think they could do it, you don't need to run and nobody cares what place you come in. This guy took 6 days to finish!

If you do it, i'm in. I was chatting about it this morning to a few friends actually and If i'm honest, i wanted to do it this year, but i couldn't find anyone to do it with me, but eitherway, If this happens, count me in 200% :D

I'll run as Tails.

Seriously. This is THE best incentive for me to get myself into good shape for next year. I'm already trying to get myself fit for SoS this year, but with some extra time to really get myself healthy and fit, I think I could do it!

By the way, the hedgehog charity for SoS 08 were asses and didn't want anything to do with us D: So if we do pick a charity for this, we need to be careful about it.

Hmm... the idea is great. i've always said to myself that one day I'll do one, but I dunno when. I would need some proper Sonic shoes for it.

I wanna be a female Sonikku Gajinka. x3

Seriously, I'd totally join you guys! (but.. I would need a ticket to London.. anyone willing?)