Awoo.

Back to Basics

Roarey Raccoon

Okay, I think the grace period, the period of being more slack with the rules and such, has finally passed. We're filling up here again and I'm seeing a fair amount of spam and people being pissed off. So we're going to get a grip on the rules again, which means you need to start following them properly. It isn't nice having to ban and strike people, I don't believe I've ever enjoyed doing it unless I'm banning a troll or something.

I'd like to direct your attention to the rules page, which I have recently edited to make them close to how they were before SSMB was nuked. I might be making some silly cartoons to illustrate them again if there's a demand for it, but for now, it's just text.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?act=boardrules

Please follow these simple rules to the best of your ability, that's all I'm asking from you. If you have any questions about board rules you are always free to contact a member of the staff team, including me, and we can deal with your problem :F. I'd like to take a moment to emphasize a few things though, so teddybear with me.

First of all, I know you like to goof off now and then, which is fine, but don't shove around image macros that you nicked from 4chan, m'kay? I don't like seeing people go off topic and act like they are still in primary school, so if you're going to have a joke, try not to embarrass yourself whilst you're at it.

Also, let's drop the 'I know how to fix the franchise' topics, please. There's one thing I think about when I see a topic like that and that's "Whoever made that has their head stuck up their own arsehole.". The fandom/community doesn't need soapboxes and spotlights; we've had them by the bucketload over the years and it's never been funny or productive. It's pretentious crap.

Finally, I don't have any real issue with people giving eachother pointers about their behaviour. If you see someone acting like an absolute arse then you're free to tell them about it in a civil manner. As a community, things will go much more smoothly if we work together as a unit, spreading our values to new members. It's socially healthy behaviour. This doesn't mean you should act like a moderator though, so don't act like an asshole and don't pretend you have actual authority over anyone, when you don't. Best thing to do when you see bullshit is to hit the report button and alert the staff, since we're experienced in dealing with problems.

That's about it. You can expect the staff to be enforcing the rules more effectively in the near future. Thanks to everyone who has returned and given their support to the SSMB, it is appreciated. But now we need to take that a little further and start building the actual community together, not just the physical message board.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roarey Raccoon

• Urtheart

• Badnik Mechanic

With regards to the signatures.

Does that mean that PS3 portable ID's are effectively banned? Since I'm not sure if you can adjust them, and those smaller customisable ones are not compatible with all PSN ID's.

example?

King_Ubu.png

Only saying it because you know that in the future somebody is going to register with a PS3 ID in their sig and then go on a campaign about why other formats can be shown, why not? etc etc.

Edited by Casanova

Actually, I'm gonna edit the signature rule, because it's bullshit. As long as your signature isnt stretching the board tables or it's rediculously high then it'll be fine. At the end of the day I can't be fucked wasting staff resources (time) on editing peoples bad taste.