Awoo.

SSN NEEDS YOU!

Cortez

The Sonic Showcase Network is currently undergoing a massive rehaul (since the current site is well, dead) and we'd like some input as to what you'd want and expect from a Sonic Artwork site.

We're currently planning:

- A regularly updated art archive that hopes to surpass even the Sonic Art Archive itself, providing easily accessible and well organised high quality official artwork.

- A monthly art tutorial featuring easy to understand steps from the basics such as drawing Sonic characters to advanced digital colouring techniques.

- Community watch blog, hunting down, promoting and showcasing talent within the Sonic community, including artists, musicians, spriters and writers.

and erm... thats pretty much all we've come up with so far xD

WHICH IS WHERE YOU COME IN

Please post suggesting whatever feature(s) you'd like to see in what we hope will become the central hub of the Sonic artwork community and if it's a good enough suggestion it'll likely be implemented within the site when we're finished.

Thanks for reading guys and gals =)

~ Prof J

The Sonic Showcase Network is currently undergoing a massive rehaul (since the current site is well, dead) and we'd like some input as to what you'd want and expect from a Sonic Artwork site.

We're currently planning:

- A regularly updated art archive that hopes to surpass even the Sonic Art Archive itself, providing easily accessible and well organised high quality official artwork.

- A monthly art tutorial featuring easy to understand steps from the basics such as drawing Sonic characters to advanced digital colouring techniques.

- Community watch blog, hunting down, promoting and showcasing talent within the Sonic community, including artists, musicians, spriters and writers.

and erm... thats pretty much all we've come up with so far xD

WHICH IS WHERE YOU COME IN

Please post suggesting whatever feature(s) you'd like to see in what we hope will become the central hub of the Sonic artwork community and if it's a good enough suggestion it'll likely be implemented within the site when we're finished.

Thanks for reading guys and gals =)

~ Prof J

A TINYCHAT ROOM!

...too soon?

Let's see... an art gallery is a great idea.

Maybe a collab project to start it off? Like, some huge project of the arts variety, etc? I can't think of anything besides what you've already mentioned.

My suggestion is to give a seperate area for 8Bit tutorials. Majority of the time, I loved SSN because of the easy PA and Sprite tutorials (For Example, the Matrix Style effect). I have yet to see a website that is dedicated for that area with great depth. Please re-release all the tutorials in a separate area with the corresponding categories we had before the server crash.

Live showings of artists doing work via streaming (i.e. Livestream, Ustream, etc.), and said artist having an embedded player on the site in a section corresponding to their stream. Having a page with a group of players, a name of the artist under it, and whether they're live or not. In the event of multiple streams going on at once, a person can choose which to watch live, and switch whenever they wish due to all of the streams being in the same place. My wording may be a bit off, but it's probably just because I'm rushing it.

Here's a picture to help illustrate (and at the same time, mimic my very rushed manner... <ahttp://board.sonicstadium.org/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png' alt=':P'>):

mockingmockup.th.png

This was really a spur-of-the-moment idea, and probably doesn't make much sense. I'd hate to waste anyone's time with this, but it seems pretty interesting.

Edited by Silva Rymes

Maybe a collab project to start it off? Like, some huge project of the arts variety, etc? I can't think of anything besides what you've already mentioned.

I was kinda thinking about this today.

What if the musicians and artists here did something? I was thinking maybe the musicians here could each pick a song from the same Sonic game, while the artists could do a picture for each level to match? I kind of had the 8-bit Sonic 1 in mind, since it tends to have awesome music, fun levels, and not too many (which is perfect for our small art community).

If anyone is down for doing this, that'd be awesome. I call dibs on Labyrinth Zone music 8D.

Seriously though, I'd like to get a small community project going. I think it could actually draw attention to this little sub-forum of a wasteland here, =3.

-Blur

All I'd really like is for the MUSICAL aspect to not die after 1 or 2 bits like it has in the past....twice now, I think.

I remember how we used to have those 'community watch blog' things for a few months before the server-wipe thing happened. But then after the restart they somehow disappeared.

Anyways, all I can say is that I will release the next version of the Amy fangame just in time for the annual SAGE event. And I am eagerly waiting for Blur to finish his wolf album.

And also, I've already mentioned this one many times, I'm really waiting for Blur and Huepow00 to unite and form a band already :D

That's all that matters to me here, pretty much.

What this place lacks is BreechLoader and James O'Canis. But after being banned from here they have now moved into other fandoms which I don't embrace as much. :/

I've felt the temptation to advertise all of my AMVs (animated music videos) in here, but I held myself back cause the rules are stressing that advertising YouTube links inside the Showcase is considered spam.

Edited by DarkJedi188

What if the musicians and artists here did something? I was thinking maybe the musicians here could each pick a song from the same Sonic game, while the artists could do a picture for each level to match? I kind of had the 8-bit Sonic 1 in mind, since it tends to have awesome music, fun levels, and not too many (which is perfect for our small art community).

If anyone is down for doing this, that'd be awesome. I call dibs on Labyrinth Zone music 8D.

Seriously though, I'd like to get a small community project going. I think it could actually draw attention to this little sub-forum of a wasteland here, =3.

-Blur

Yo Blur, if you want to work on a song with me sometime I'm more than willing to collab with you on something sometime!

Yo Blur, if you want to work on a song with me sometime I'm more than willing to collab with you on something sometime!

Please don't derail the topic with posts like this.

In future please use the PM system for personal discussions.

My suggestion is to give a seperate area for 8Bit tutorials. Majority of the time, I loved SSN because of the easy PA and Sprite tutorials (For Example, the Matrix Style effect). I have yet to see a website that is dedicated for that area with great depth. Please re-release all the tutorials in a separate area with the corresponding categories we had before the server crash.

These tutorials are all still there. In Pixel Art Tutorials :P

-Blur

Loving that suggestion. If we are revamping our site, a fresh focus on community wide collaboration is the way forward methinks. I have a suggestion of my own (Later in this post) but it doesn't involve the music side, so a project like this for music collaboration sounds perfect!

I've felt the temptation to advertise all of my AMVs (animated music videos) in here, but I held myself back cause the rules are stressing that advertising YouTube links inside the Showcase is considered spam.

Hard to do, because most music videos are just sega cutscenes with random music slapped over them. Not particularly artistic unless you've gone at it with an artistic bent, and we don't want tons of spam. On the flipside, if we are revamping the site then the rules can do with a bit of a look and we can try and allow youtube videos so long as the content isn't spam. I'll look into it.

My idea;

Wolfy has already mentioned collaboration, and I have raised it within the staff forums when this was suggested. The Art Archive is a good way to bring traffic to the site, but we need to get that traffic moving together on projects.

My idea is that we work together on a long term art collaboration for SatAM Fisher. We would do this by having members draw particular images specially for the cartoon, and all of that art can be collaborated into animation cells for video use.

All artists would get credited and the whole community can benefit from knowing they helped create an actual art animation (Something that doesn't just use Flash, but something using classical animation techniques.

I can put up a list of backgrounds that are needed for Episode 1, and artists come and choose a background they would want to draw (They would have size requirements). They can choose to do line art only, or they can also colour the image too. Once completed, the image is sent in and showcased and eventually used as a background scene for the cartoon.

We would also have scenes that an artist can use to do animation cells if they want to (I admit finding artists to do this side will be more difficult), so each scene can have a different artist. This way people don't feel locked in to do thousands of animation cells, they would be responsible for one scene only.

And once SatAM Fisher is finished, I will send Blu-Ray discs of it for free to the artists involved as it will be a High Definition Cartoon.

That's my idea anyway. The scripts are ready to go and I think with good direction, collaborative projects such as mine and Wolfy's are the future for SSN. It never was about popularity as much as free community service.

Roareye Black.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, if the SatAM Fisher thing can get all the way to the animation stage smoothly and stuff, we could still tie not only the musicians to do soundtrack music for it, but we can also rope in any people interested in doing some voice acting, =3. Hell, even the video artists here might be able to take a crack at putting the images together and editing it nicely. That just about includes everyone, =D.

If this is going to happen though, we need to get people interested, and this goes for anyone. I say if you know any artists here on SSMB or maybe even other Sonic forums (draws in new members, yay) and they never check the Showcase; tell them what's up and what's planned.

-Blur

How about a SatAM Antoine? Will that one happen any time after this current Fisher thing?

Because Antoine has always been my favourite character from that particular Sonicverse, and always will be. :D

Heck, I'd actually volunteer to write Antoine's dialogues for some kind of script, throwing in that quirky Frenchey dialect which makes him so adorable.

That would definitely be an enjoyable experience for me here!

Edited by DarkJedi188

You know, if the SatAM Fisher thing can get all the way to the animation stage smoothly and stuff, we could still tie not only the musicians to do soundtrack music for it, but we can also rope in any people interested in doing some voice acting, =3. Hell, even the video artists here might be able to take a crack at putting the images together and editing it nicely. That just about includes everyone, =D.

If this is going to happen though, we need to get people interested, and this goes for anyone. I say if you know any artists here on SSMB or maybe even other Sonic forums (draws in new members, yay) and they never check the Showcase; tell them what's up and what's planned.

-Blur

I was gonna wait for the new site, but I think I may just up this information onto the current SSN. Get the ball rolling. I will also add it on to deviantArt and make it known on SatAM forums with links. I have gotten a few artists on board, so hopefully soon I can get some new artwork up on the project :)

As for the site handling background music, that sounds awesome :D And I already started the idea of voice acting too. The main theme tune for SatAM Fisher is going to be T-Bird and RockAngel (T-Bird making the power riff, RockAngel of Crush40Fanclub singing) so that's a start of a collaboration. I also have Sally cast, a lady called Morgan on Friends United For SatAM, and will start sending her script to record soon. Fisher is cast too, but all other characters are still up for grabs.

I think it's wise to get some artists in first, and while I wish I could name-drop a couple, I don't want to throw out names too early and pressure them. At the same time, there's nothing wrong with preparation for the wave of artwork coming our way. :)

How about a SatAM Antoine? Will that one happen any time after this current Fisher thing?

Because Antoine has always been my favourite character from that particular Sonicverse, and always will be. :D

Heck, I'd actually volunteer to write Antoine's dialogues for some kind of script, throwing in that quirky Frenchey dialect which makes him so adorable.

That would definitely be an enjoyable experience for me here!

SatAM Fisher is so titled as a pun. :P SatAM Antoine doesn't work. The bear character from SatAM looks similar and shares the skills of Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, as such he is named SatAM Fisher and has a similar attitude. Having said that, if we can get SatAM Fisher off the ground (Since scripts and such are already done and it would need artists to draw stuff and me to merge it all together in production) I don't see why we couldn't continue making these sorts of things, about Antoine if you so wished. But I think we should focus on the current project before bringing in other ideas. Cartoons take a huge amount of work, especially for a community project, and it will take dedication to each one to get them completed.

Roareye Black.