• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperLink

• ArtFenix

• Gabz Girl

• Gallon

The song sounds eerily similar to What I'm Made Of, from Sonic Heroes' soundtrack. I mean so much so that I think Crush 40 must've lifted the melody/sound/feel of the song right out of it and adapted it to new lyrics and slightly altered pacing.

C40's getting quite stale these days in my opinion, I don't see why Sega couldn't try and find another group with its own distinct style, it could potentially change the whole feel of their future games.

Endless Possibility was excellent, but I did miss Crush 40. Personally I think Knight of the Wind is one of their best, alongside Live and Learn and Never Turn Back. Their covers were pretty soulless though, so it's not hard to see why they may have lost their touch a little. It's been a while since they played their own music.

Crush 40 is the best choice for a sonic game. Endless possibility was just a song without originality..Nothing more. Crush 40 is a living classics, because they have been with us since Sa! Crush 40 rocks! There must be songs of other bands, however..

Edited by ArtFenix

It's quite good but its missing something that made live and learn so good.

Is it me or has crush 40's bass been louder lately?

It is just an ordinary american "school" band and there are OVER 9000 american bands like Bowling for soup. Crush 40 is a unique band (because of the Johnny's voice)

It is just an ordinary american "school" band and there are OVER 9000 american bands like Bowling for soup. Crush 40 is a unique band (because of the Johnny's voice)

That's what I thought about Zebrahead, but Endless Possibility has a great tune, and the singers aren't bad/wannabe rappers like zebrahead either. Also the orchestrated version of EP is win on so many levels. I can't get over how epic it is.

Also the orchestrated version of EP is win on so many levels. I can't get over how epic it is.

Sure it is cool, but the whole unleashed's OST has some kind of low-quality sequencer sound which hurts my ears and that's why i hate unleashed's OST.((( I wish it was like "his world" instrumental(Solaris phase 2)..

About "other" bands)) Can anybody upload the final boss song from Satbk? I adore this song! It's perfect!

Edited by ArtFenix

That's what I thought about Zebrahead, but Endless Possibility has a great tune, and the singers aren't bad/wannabe rappers like zebrahead either. Also the orchestrated version of EP is win on so many levels. I can't get over how epic it is.

Orchestrated?? Since when? :blink:

The boss music for Dark Gaia Phase 2 o.o It sounds very much orchestrated to me (except for the awesome drum beat)

Sure it is cool, but the whole unleashed's OST has some kind of low-quality sequencer sound which hurts my ears and that's why i hate unleashed's OST.((( I wish it was like "his world" instrumental(Solaris phase 2)..

About "other" bands)) Can anybody upload the final boss song from Satbk? I adore this song! It's perfect!

If someone gets it please, do not type the final boss name in the title, cuz someone in youtube did and I got spoiled, and I don't want somebody gets spoiled like me

Whoever said an American band should be brought in, if C40 were to be let go? There are many great European and Asian groups with (fairly) unique sounds. Hell, there are quite a few American groups that aren't "school" oriented that could be brought in.

Endless Possibility is soooo much better then this song.

I have to disagree with you there. Though the lyrics sound much cheesier with Knight of the Wind, I much prefer Johnny's voice like ArtFenix said, and the tune as a whole. XD My favourite part is between 3:25 onwards, the third verse basically. The change in tempo, how long he holds onto the notes- it's perfect. Especially that 'evvvv-eryyyy-oneee.' Love it. XD

Whoever said an American band should be brought in, if C40 were to be let go? There are many great European and Asian groups with (fairly) unique sounds. Hell, there are quite a few American groups that aren't "school" oriented that could be brought in.

Because there were Zebrahead and Bowling for soup and they are about the same "lower than Crush 40" level. You know..Crush 40 sounds epic, that's why Crush 40's version of "His world" is much better in MY opinion and that's why i love this band and amost all of their songs. Through the fire isn't good enough though, but these two songs (also Fight a knight) aren't full songs..

Yeah, i like songs "This machine", "It doesn't matter"(and so on..) and even pop-songs like "team chaotics", "My sweet passion", "Follow me" or even Knuckles's "Unknown from ME". I just don't like cheapy second-rate products (american "school" bands). I don't mind to see any other style, which fits Sonic well..

Edited by ArtFenix

I love this song. ^^

Anyways, I think that for games like Sonic Unleashed where they're more childish, they should use bands (or members of them) like Bowling for Soup, while for Sonic games that look and/or feel like previous games, they should use Crush 40, Lee Brotherton, etc.

I love this song. ^^

Anyways, I think that for games like Sonic Unleashed where they're more childish, they should use bands (or members of them) like Bowling for Soup, while for Sonic games that look and/or feel like previous games, they should use Crush 40, Lee Brotherton, etc.

Golden words! That's exactly what i think! Maybe it's just...i don't like sonic games to be too childish like unleashed.(( Oh, sorry about that..

All I look for in a Sonic game theme is the ability to get me pumped. Knight of the Wind has accomplished this for me in a way that Live and Learn has failed to do since 2 years ago (it's used too much). Kudos to Crush 40.

I am absolutely in love with this game's soundtrack.

I'm curious what people think of Live Life, Fight the Knight, and Through the Fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3EJkNuv8JQ...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwHKRzbSzT8...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtuai-8nk8s...re=channel_page

Personally, I think Live Life is one of the best ending songs we've ever gotten.

I wonder if it's possible to get the song for the final boss yet, it sounds interesting...

Through the fire is not very good..but not bad.

Fight a knight is great, but these two songs are not complete songs..

Live life is awesome and it IS on of the best ending songs!

I love this full version of the song! I have always loved this, I was wondering when the full version would be out. I love it!

I love the song 'with me.' It's song played during the final boss.

You wouldn't happen to know where one could find it, would you?

Yeah this theme song is great, super cheesy, but great! Apparently there's other cool music in this game so I hope all of it gets ripped soon, including With Me and the character themes. ^.^

Is With Me performed by Crush 40?

Edited by Gabz Girl